• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
idL1rD1E9s9Sn.gif

Note in that video the fourth official took notes. FA will add weeks based on what he said.

Oxx

Women should be as free to talk about masturbation as men are.

Would certainly lead to some interesting conversations.

Female masturbation is fetishised as some wonderful, amazing thing.

Male masturbation will always be seen as grubby no matter who's doing it regardless of context.

Or maybe I should stop reading tumblr.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's good to have Choc here.

-

April 6, 1991.

Fiorentina 1-0 Juventus.

Ex-Fiorentina player Baggio returns, refuses to take a penalty against his former team. Collects viola scarves on his way out. (video)

pr8UX.jpg

I still love you baby, but tonight your city will burn to the ground.

(GdS) Juventus probable: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Giaccherini, Asamoah; Giovinco, Quagliarella.

Macclesfield, Forest Green & Sunderland @ 10/1 Medium Stakes

Southampton, Bradford, Cambridge & Grimsby @ 11/1 Medium Stakes (one I've picked, but I added a Man City win on top to make it 17/1)

Chelsea, Man City, Sunderland, Wrexham & Munich @ 11/2 Medium Stakes

Chelsea, Man City, Sunderland, Wrexham, Munich, Macclesfield, Forest Green, Bradford, Grimsby & Cambridge @ Over 140/1 Very Low Stakes

Both teams to score bets

Crawley V Swansea, Swindon V Burnley & Leeds V Everton @ 9/2 Betfred High Stakes

Tamworth V Luton, Hearts V Livingston & Wrexham V Barrow @ 6/1 William Hill Medium Stakes

All 6 games @ 28/1 - All at Betfred Low Stakes

Eintracht v Dortmund, West Ham v Wigan, Hereford v Forest Green & Ebbsfleet v Woking @ Almost 6/1 William Hill Medium Stakes

All 9 games @ 200/1 William Hill - Very Low Stakes

Choc

Banned

why? because i actually bring some sense and perspective to referee decisions? :) i'd like to think so :)

you won't always agree with me, but i just want to give another perspective from someone who referees semi-professionally.

Patolol will be out at least until the match vs Inter (7th October) or after the international break.

Oh Berluscoglioni, you could've bought Tevez with his transfer money, why did you decided to keep him? WHY?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Patolol will be out at least until the match vs Inter (7th October) or after the international break.

Oh Berluscoglioni, you could've bought Tevez with his transfer money, why did you decided to keep him? WHY?

WTF happened to make Pato so fragile? He's not even made of glass these days, more like wet cardboard.

FootballFan

WTF happened to make Pato so fragile? He's not even made of glass these days, more like wet cardboard.

Dunno.. I remember Messi was getting massive injuries when he first started, thankfully he hasn't had a serious injury in about 4 seasons. Pato always looked like he had so much potential, crazy how much he gets injured.

Choc

Banned
i have been playing FIFA 13 it is amazeballs.

So much more challenges to deal with in manager mode like international duty

-

April 6, 1991.

Fiorentina 1-0 Juventus.

Ex-Fiorentina player Baggio returns, refuses to take a penalty against his former team. Collects viola scarves on his way out. (video)

pr8UX.jpg

I still love you baby, but tonight your city will burn to the ground.

(GdS) Juventus probable: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Giaccherini, Asamoah; Giovinco, Quagliarella.

CH4 started to show Italian football in the 90s when Gazza went over. Juventus and Forentina were the teams I followed the most. Juventus as they were Black & White and Forentina as Batistuta was one of the greatest forwards I had ever seen.

So much drama back in the 90s too, fantastic stories and matches. Players seemed larger than life, compared to the run of the mill Dennis Irwins, Steve Bruces and Darren Peacocks of English football.

Lightning

Banned
The way Carl Jenkinson is playing its unlikely that Sagna will walk back into the team. Especially after publically criticising the club for selling Song and not challenging for titles.

He will be 30 at the end of this season. I can't see Wenger having paitence with him, just not Wenger's way with old players especially those who criticise the club.

Ushojax

The way Carl Jenkinson is playing its unlikely that Sagna will walk back into the team. Especially after publically criticising the club for selling Song and not challenging for titles.

He will be 30 at the end of this season. I can't see Wenger having paitence with him, just not Wenger's way with old players especially those who criticise the club.

Jenkinson has been the most impressive player for Arsenal relative to last season IMO. A huge improvement. I never thought a back 4 with Mertesacker, Jenkinson and Gibbs in it would have given away just two goals so far.

When are Sagna and Szcezcny due back?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
CH4 started to show Italian football in the 90s when Gazza went over. Juventus and Forentina were the teams I followed the most. Juventus as they were Black & White and Forentina as Batistuta was one of the greatest forwards I had ever seen.

So much drama back in the 90s too, fantastic stories and matches. Players seemed larger than life, compared to the run of the mill Dennis Irwins, Steve Bruces and Darren Peacocks of English football.

The real divine ponytail.

PA-480543.jpg

Lightning

Banned
When are Sagna and Szcezcny due back?
Szczesny 2-3 weeks. Sagna resumes full training next week I think Wenger said.

Best news is that Jack Wilshere has come through training well and will get game time soon. He will be in the reserves first but encouraging to see him back.

Choc

Banned
Any wannabe or real refs out there who knows what to do in a situation where the physio runs on to the pitch and kicks the ball away? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zgIW5pz-MHk

Drop ball, outside interference. Did not look like he was the team doctor so dismissed from the technical area (unless he is the only medical assistance available to the team, in which case you must keep him in the technical area for player safety reasons)

Report to FA.

not much else really.

Same thing would occur if a sub had done it but the sub could be yellow carded for entering the field without the referees permission. Under no circumstances is that a penalty.

Two reasons:
1) during a match against Fiorentina in his first year, he sprained his ankle. This was his first serious injury, and while recovering from this, he started walking and running in a wrong way, so his body didn't fully recover from that and made him really, really fragile.
2) Milan Lab put a lot of weight on him, making his body much more muscular and less agile (the 2008 Pato was a lot faster than the 2011 Pato). His body didn't reacted as expected, and become way more fragile.
These reasons combined made Pato the crystal player that we all know and love.

I heard in the City match from the commentators that Arsenal have the highest amount of tackles this season so far in the league.

I have an accumulator for this weekend with Spurs to win at OT. The odds are 89/1

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
haha, you remember those times Yurt, or are you too young? Always get the impression that FootballGAF is full of people under 21, so it's difficult to discuss football from the 90s.

I do! Stretching back to the mid-90s and WC 94.

patch_wc_94usa_snickers.jpg

Two reasons:
1) during a match against Fiorentina in his first year, he sprained his ankle. This was his first serious injury, and while recovering from this, he started walking and running in a wrong way, so his body didn't fully recover from that and made him really, really fragile.
2) Milan Lab put a lot of weight on him, making his body much more muscular and less agile (the 2008 Pato was a lot faster than the 2011 Pato). His body didn't reacted as expected, and become way more fragile.
These reasons combined made Pato the crystal player that we all know and love.

3) Barbara Berlusconi.

I do! Stretching back to the mid-90s and WC 94.

patch_wc_94usa_snickers.jpg

Yeah, WC94 is the first Major Event I can remember staying up to watch on TV. Remember getting excited for Ireland haha. Also that opening ceremony with the penalty... pfft.

Maradona's drugged up celebration down the camera!

Clegg

Spurs don't even register as a threat for me.

I know I should be worried about the game, but Spurs never beat United.

Having said that, they'll probably fucking beat us now.

Ushojax

Spurs don't even register as a threat for me.

I know I should be worried about the game, but Spurs never beat United.

Having said that, they'll probably fucking beat us now.

I bet Andesron scores against us. He always does.

Oxx

I have fond memories of watching Italian football on Sunday afternoons just after lunch at my grandparents.

It seemed so exotic. And it helped that it was pretty much the extent of free-to-air football on tv,

I have fond memories of watching Italian football on Sunday afternoons just after lunch at my grandparents.

It seemed so exotic. And it helped that it was pretty much the extent of free-to-air football on tv,

Yeah! It was like what we did on a Sunday.

Sunday Dinner while Football Italia was on CH4. Probably why I always think of mint sauce, gravy and chicken whenever I watch Italian Football now.

Ushojax

Pre-emptive squealing ?

There is normally a refereeing gaffe in this fixture it has to be said. Pedro Mendes one, Webb penalty against Gomes, Clattenburg/Nani handball fiasco from two seasons ago, last season was the first time in a while where you didn't get something dodgy and I couldn't complain about the hiding we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom