• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I'm seriously sick of international break. Can't they put together all the international matches in a single month each year?

elsk

Banned

are-you-fucking-kidding-me.jpg

jtb

Banned
spurs lol

HUGO LLORIS admitted he is planning clear-the-air talks with Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas — despite not yet playing for the club.
The French keeper, who signed for £8million from Lyon, is angry that Villas-Boas claimed Brad Friedel was his No 1.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...oris-ready-to-confront-AVB.html#ixzz2626b5owV

what a pointless dilemma to have. no shit you're not going to be thrown out into the fray immediately; anyways, probably going to see Friedel play in the Europa League/domestic cups while Lloris takes the league. Everyone's happy.

Lightning

Banned
what a pointless dilemma to have. no shit you're not going to be thrown out into the fray immediately; anyways, probably going to see Friedel play in the Europa League/domestic cups while Lloris takes the league. Everyone's happy.
It will be interesting to see if AVB will treat the Europa league with the same non interest that Redknapp showed the cup.

I would like to see Lloris playing because I feel he is the better keeper. He is in for a learning curve no matter when he plays.

jtb

Banned
It will be interesting to see if AVB will treat the Europa league with the same non interest that Redknapp showed the cup.

I would like to see Lloris playing because I feel he is the better keeper. He is in for a learning curve no matter when he plays.

I think he will; he has to at least take it seriously. AVB has a big squad, and frankly winning the Europa league is basically the only impressive thing on his resume. Given the league is out of reach, I think the Europa League is a very achievable prospect and could be enough to save his job if Spurs miss top 4 this year (especially with Chelsea's resurgence and no Modric). FA cup... no one gives a shit if you win it. I mean, it's great and it's certainly better than the League/Carling/Capital One/whatever cup, but a European title would represent ambition and progress for a club like Spurs. Which is good.

I come back home to see Salvadora was banned. RIP. But you know what they say, ̶̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ pics don't lie. NSFW, indeed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I come back home to see Salvadora was banned. RIP. But you know what they say, ̶̶h̶i̶p̶s̶ pics don't lie. NSFW, indeed.

yeah I was at work so I couldnt check that thread too much. You just know with a thread like that that the ban hammer looms large.

Besides the regular national team games I like watching the u-21 team play in the international break too. Less stressful and you get to see the upcoming talent in action.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Si me preguntas Chile es un equipo muy sobrevalorado.

I know but they can score and we defend like shit some times. Our keeper is great though but he wasnt tested against uruguay. I mean we lost to ecuador in july and it took a miracle to beat peru. I havnt seen chile after bielsa so I dont know if they still play that crazy kamikaze style

AndresON777

shooting blanks
watching colombia-uruguay again and damn james is such class I wonder how much he will cost since hes only 21. Whats great about him and falcao is that theyre great with both feet. Who owns Inter? james, guarin and falcao yes please.

Kenka

This thread derailment escalated quickly but I have some nice memories of that thread.
That redhead Czech actress is one fantastic curvy angel.

Salazar

I saw after it happened. I don't know what he was thinking, though it was rather amusing how all-in he went on it.

He knows that the Arsenal bubble will burst and he didn't want to be on GAF when it happens.

lol at the Guardian: "James Milner's hard graft may become England's trump card".

Do me a favour.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I know but they can score and we defend like shit some times. Our keeper is great though but he wasnt tested against uruguay. I mean we lost to ecuador in july and it took a miracle to beat peru. I havnt seen chile after bielsa so I dont know if they still play that crazy kamikaze style
Chile suffers from the same thing every Bielsa team has ever suffered: predictability and lack of pause. They are a team that continues to ride on the swing of the Bielsa oomph, but look incredibly frail at the back. Plus their off-the-pitch squabbles make for a lack of cohesion that betrays them at important times.

P.S. We should have a Spanish thread like that German thread in OT, but I'm too lazy to make it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Chile suffers from the same thing every Bielsa team has ever suffered: predictability and lack of pause. They are a team that continues to ride on the swing of the Bielsa oomph, but look incredibly frail at the back. Plus their off-the-pitch squabbles make for a lack of cohesion that betrays them at important times.

P.S. We should have a Spanish thread like that German thread in OT, but I'm too lazy to make it.

pretty much. they tried to play tu a tu with brasil and got drilled. Spanish thread would be cool but I suck at making threads.

FootballFan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom