• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take dc's jibe at Gill/United seriously if he showed the same clarity when it came to the shit City obv. just push to better themselves.

Of course domestic FFP is being pushed by United to suit ourselves. NQAT. It makes sense for Gill to push it. It suits us on the pitch, because hey, we've got 659m followers who leave us rolling in the dough, but it suits Gill off it, cos he save us on the pitch without spending money and line Uncle Malcolm's pocket.

City aren't a special case though. Let's not get it twisted, they might be MASSIVE but it could have been any other club and United would be doing the same thing.

Anyhow, United are pushing it and it seems like they've managed to rub enough backs to get enough clubs on board. So if it goes ahead...well then, let's see just how amazing that EDS facility is. Cos every young talent in the world will want to be there...so no matter if City can't splash the cash, they're gonna be making stars soon enough.

That's what dc told me anyway.

elseanio

The longer it rattles on the more irritating it gets. Don't know why their wishes can't just be granted, all the fucking courts and police involvement... sigh.

I think the panel has been the best way to process information though. Sure it's taken almost 2 years, but there was so much to go through. There will be no going back either. Everyone just wants the truth, and what ever the panel brings up, I hope it's enough to satisfy the families.

Bumhead

Banned
The longer it rattles on the more irritating it gets. Don't know why their wishes can't just be granted, all the fucking courts and police involvement... sigh.

Something like the Hillsborough disaster isn't and never will be as simple as that. It was a melting pot that resulted in a tragic loss of life (including but not restricted to incompetent police and government cover ups) and I'm not sure if there is any one single aspect to "blame" or to bring to "Justice".

But, hopefully the people who need closure get it.

Wilbur

Banned
I think the panel has been the best way to process information though. Sure it's taken almost 2 years, but there was so much to go through. There will be no going back either. Everyone just wants the truth, and what ever the panel brings up, I hope it's enough to satisfy the families.

Agreed, just a shame it's taken this long

"Guys, Viva is the only one who knows when I'm taking the piss!'

qAIBb.gif

Clegg

Amazingly enough, I've only just heard the new Killers song.

Its pretty good but I feel like they've already recorded five different songs that sound very like this one.

Its decent but I'm getting a pretty strong sense of deja vu.

Read My Mind remains their best song.

Its pretty good but I feel like they've already recorded five different songs that sound very like this one.

Not even in the top 5.

Agreed otherwise.

Wilbur

Banned

I do think When You Were Young is a tune but yeah, a lot of their stuff is very similar. Is the new album out yet?

Walked past HMV today and they were advertising the Script and Dylan's new albums, used a picture of that bellend from the Script on the big inset picture instead of Bob. I weeped.

Hixx

Oh Billie piper the things I would do...

maybe a kiss and hold your hand. A stroke of your hair. Then my penis.

Also whoever designs the aliens in doctor who has the creative capacity of an empty pen

sneaky77

They actually have one. We (Honduras) played against them in 2010 I think, obviously they aren't recognised by FIFA.

yeah a bunch of Spanish provinces have their own "team" the basque national team plays a game every christmas season, as well as Valencia, Andalucia, and stuff.. but i think only Basque team and Catalan team are trying to be recognized

Come at me Bro!!

Romeo + Juliet is actually my favourite Killers song but its originally a Dire Straits song so I can't really have that in my top 5.
My Brightside, Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, All These Things That I Have Done, A Dustland Fairytile, Losing Touch

There are probably more. I really didn't like Read My Mind much at all.

Clegg

My Brightside, Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, All These Things That I Have Done, A Dustland Fairytile, Losing Touch

There are probably more. I really didn't like Read My Mind much at all.

I'd probably go for

Mr.Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
All These Things That I've Done
Tranquilize
Read My Mind.

Romeo and Juliet is my fav but its not their song so I won't include it. Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf is a cracking song too.

Wilbur

Banned
What did you expect?

An improvement.

Why peddle all their new features when I can hardly feel a difference? Only thing that stood out was Giovinco actually fucking over Mertesacker for pace instead of it feeling like they're the same speed. Otherwise, didn't notice the first touch, didn't notice the new collision, didn't notice anything about new dribbling.

Might actually get PES.

An improvement.

Why peddle all their new features when I can hardly feel a difference? Only thing that stood out was Giovinco actually fucking over Mertesacker for pace instead of it feeling like they're the same speed. Otherwise, didn't notice the first touch, didn't notice the new collision, didn't notice anything about new dribbling.

Might actually get PES.
I felt the same, I was also going to opt for PES. Now I'm just thinking of getting neither.

Kyoufu

An improvement.

Might actually get PES.

It's like going back to 1999.

People said the same thing back then too. These yearly updates are exactly that, yearly updates.

PES will probably see a bigger jump in quality each year as it's the underdog once again, while EA get complacent and lazy with FIFA until they have to put effort in again.

Wilbur

Banned
I felt the same, I was also going to opt for PES. Now I'm just thinking of getting neither.

I actually really like the PES demo, there's an element of unpredictability that I really like, plus I rather enjoy it on single player as well. Just played with my brother on FIFA and I really can't tell a difference.

I played a game with Arsenal in the rain and Giroud took a shit touch and bounced of his foot. So I just turned him around and hit a bicycle kick. Things like that already make me like FIFA 13!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom