• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@FEMEXFUTOFICIAL
Alineación de México vs. Costa Rica: 12-. Corona; 13-. Meza, 2-. Rodríguez, 15-. Moreno, 3-. Salcido, 20-. Torres, 17-. Zavala, 18-. Guardado, 11-. Aquino, 19-. Peralta, 14-. Hernández. DT. De la Torre.

fucking Chepo fuck you chepo

Messi

Just got spanked 6-0 in the demo by my brother. He was Man City and I was Juve. Bonnuci got sent off after a horrendus tackle 4 mins into the game. So I had it coming.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
@FEMEXFUTOFICIAL
Alineación de México vs. Costa Rica: 12-. Corona; 13-. Meza, 2-. Rodríguez, 15-. Moreno, 3-. Salcido, 20-. Torres, 17-. Zavala, 18-. Guardado, 11-. Aquino, 19-. Peralta, 14-. Hernández. DT. De la Torre.

fucking Chepo fuck you chepo

Guyana [1 - 0] El Salvador, Mexico can let Costarica score 10 goals for the lulz and they will still qualify tonight. :p

Hearing reports that Humberto "Chupete" Suazo has told Borghi that he no longer wants to play for Chile. :O #ThisIsHuge

Chupete says a lot of things. Remember when he said he didn't wanted to play for Monterrey anymore?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Code:
             MP    MW   ML    MT     GF   GA    PTS
1 	Argentina 	6 	4 	1 	1 	14 	5 	13
2 	Colombia 	7 	4 	1 	2 	12 	6 	13
3 	Ecuador 	7 	4 	1 	2 	8 	7 	13
4 	Uruguay 	7 	3 	3 	1 	15 	11 	12
5 	Chile 	7 	4 	0 	3 	12 	13 	12
6 	Venezuela 	7 	2 	2 	3 	5 	8 	8
7 	Perú 	        6 	2 	0 	4 	8      12 	6
8 	Bolivia 	7 	1 	1 	5 	7 	12 	4
9 	Paraguay 	6 	1 	1 	4 	5 	12 	4

Conmebol current standings.

arghhh it showed all fucked up.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guyana [1 - 0] El Salvador, Mexico can let Costarica score 10 goals for the lulz and they will still qualify tonight. :p
Why can't we play like this instead?

----------- Corona ----------------
Meza - Maza - Moreno - Torres N.
------------ Zavala ----------------
--- Aquino - Fabián - Guardado --
----- Peralta ------ Chicharito -----

It's not like we need two defensive midfielders at the Azteca. :(

elsk

Banned

Playing two strikers in modern football is redundant. Specially if you're playing Fabián as CAM already. When you have two strikers, one of them drops deep to get the ball and most strikers sucks at passing so that's why a CAM plays instead of a striker nowdays.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Meh, we should select 11 random people from the stands and let them play instead.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Playing two strikers in modern football is redundant. Specially if you're playing Fabián as CAM already. When you have two strikers, one of them drops deep to get the ball and most strikers sucks at passing so that's why a CAM plays instead of a striker nowdays.
So what you are saying is we should drop Chicharito since his finishing is awful and have Marco Fabián generate for Oribe. I love that idea!

EDIT:

Costa Rica: 1-. Keylor Navas; 6-. José Salvatierra, 17-. Gabriel Badilla, 3-. Giancarlo González, 2-. Johnny Acosta, 13-. Pedro Leal, 22-. José Cubero, 8-. Yeltsin Tejeda, 7-. Christian Bolaños, 21-. Randall Brenes y 12-. Joel Campbell. DT-. Jorge Luis Pinto

elsk

Banned
Meh, we should select 11 random people from the stands and let them play instead.

ipAnEOqS7vexZ.gif

So what you are saying is we should drop Chicharito since his finishing is awful and have Marco Fabián generate for Oribe. I love that idea!

Haha, yes.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wow if Venezuela wins the table could get pretty crazy.

I think the 5th place team has to play playoffs, right?

K1LLER7

Sounds good! Will probably get this... don't know why. I hate both games. I hate football. I hate life.
This is what International Football does to people :(

Listen to what the little kid inside is shouting and Start supporting City. they do have JM7 after all. you'll never lose a game.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Guyana 1 - 1 El Salvador.

Yeah, my idea of crashing the game tonight for the lulz maybe not as good anymore. But I still have faith In Guyana.

K1LLER7

in more good news:

Van Gaal told SBS6: "We took off Robin for precautionary measures. It doesn't seem to be too serious, but you never know. We didn't want to take any risks."
If this turns out bad we're fucked with two strikers who can't finish. Time to call up Bebe.

Wes

venison crêpe
Remember when Milner, Young and Downing were all excellent for Villa?

You guys broke your expensive toys.

FootballFan

I can't believe you haven't noticed first touch? Not one touch has flicked up or got caught between your feet? Did you download the FIFA 12 demo accidentally?

I can't believe it either lol. He did say he played fifa 12 for a month and got bored, so he might not realise exactly how different the first touch thing is.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe it either lol. He did say he played fifa 12 for a month and got bored, so he might not realise exactly how different the first touch thing is.

No, I played FIFA from when it came out until around March/April pretty consistently, then its shortcomings got so much I just didn't play it anymore. Got bored relatively quickly but I've played it a lot.

I just don't really notice the first touch. There's moments where the ball escapes me but they happened in FIFA 12 as well.

No, I played FIFA from when it came out until around March/April pretty consistently, then its shortcomings got so much I just didn't play it anymore. Got bored relatively quickly but I've played it a lot.

I just don't really notice the first touch. There's moments where the ball escapes me but they happened in FIFA 12 as well.

You crazy man. You crazy.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
5th CONMEBOL team plays the 5th AFC team.

edit: gotta say this about the USA game, at least Columbus is full of support for them.

who is in afc is this like australia again? I remember waking up at like 4am or so back in 2006 to see the aussies eliminate uruguay. so good.

Can paraguay man up and beat 1 fucking team...fuck

Yeah I've gotta say, I play FIFA 12 almost every day, more than Wilbury tbh, and I don't really notice the first touch thing either. Maybe I need to experiment more?

Soi-Fong

You serious? There were a few moments in the demo where I was able to get the ball because of a bad first touch by an opposition player.

Also, there were a few times where I was able to get in a successful cross, only for the receiving player to have to take an extra touch to control the ball (because of a messy first touch) allowing the keeper to either have that extra half second to position himself better or get the ball from my player's feet.

Wilbur

Banned
You serious? There were a few moments in the demo where I was able to get the ball because of a bad first touch by an opposition player.

Also, there were a few times where I was able to get in a successful cross, only for the receiving player to have to take an extra touch to control the ball (because of a messy first touch) allowing the keeper to either have that extra half second to position himself better or get the ball from my player's feet.

There were moments where things like that happened but it felt no different than what happens in 12.

I collect the ball, it traps perfectly or goes a tiny bit away with me. First touch passes are always brilliantly controlled, so no change there. Even in the air I am controlling the ball fine.

Maybe I'm just awesome.

There were moments where things like that happened but it felt no different than what happens in 12.

I collect the ball, it traps perfectly or goes a tiny bit away with me. First touch passes are always brilliantly controlled, so no change there. Even in the air I am controlling the ball fine.

Maybe I'm just awesome.

I'm convinced you're not playing Fifa 13.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm convinced you're not playing Fifa 13.

I am. I could tell you all about the skill games, the one where you kick it in the bin was alright. The weird thing where Martin Tyler says 'this team is... fourth and this team is... second". Reus and Aguero look hot now. I set all the matches to 8:00 so it was like playing in the Champions League.

I just didn't really fuck up every time I trapped the ball. It was fine. Even Jenkinson was taking it on his chest and it was dropping right onto his foot.

I am. I could tell you all about the skill games, the one where you kick it in the bin was alright. The weird thing where Martin Tyler says 'this team is... fourth and this team is... second". Reus and Aguero look hot now. I set all the matches to 8:00 so it was like playing in the Champions League.

I just didn't really fuck up every time I trapped the ball. It was fine. Even Jenkinson was taking it on his chest and it was dropping right onto his foot.

Go give Seabass a rimjob.

Wilbur

Banned
Right, so I had the ball with Hummels and I played a long ball towards Lewandowski, on his first touch he volleys it wide to Gotze who I controlled the ball with perfectly. Maybe it's because I had L2 held down, maybe it's because Gotze has good ball control. So to test it I sprayed it back to Subotic, who I reckon won't be as good with the ball, and he just takes it on his chest and it drops in front of him.

Got away from the keeper a bit, that's the only place it's not looked perfect so far.

Go give Seabass a rimjob.

I think FIFA is better than PES actually. Just not seeing the first touch thing. You must all just be shit at controlling the ball.

I think FIFA is better than PES actually. Just not seeing the first touch thing. You must all just be shit at controlling the ball.

Don't you question my fifa abilities. Seriously in like first 30 seconds I played Yaya Toure had a terrible first touch for me and gave it away, the CPU did it a couple of times too.

Right, so I had the ball with Hummels and I played a long ball towards Lewandowski, on his first touch he volleys it wide to Gotze who I controlled the ball with perfectly. Maybe it's because I had L2 held down, maybe it's because Gotze has good ball control. So to test it I sprayed it back to Subotic, who I reckon won't be as good with the ball, and he just takes it on his chest and it drops in front of him.

Got away from the keeper a bit, that's the only place it's not looked perfect so far.

I really don't understand. About 30 seconds into my first game I was really worried they'd overdone it and made the game too unpredictable with the first touch stuff.

FootballFan

I really don't understand. About 30 seconds into my first game I was really worried they'd overdone it and made the game too unpredictable with the first touch stuff.

Same. I have come to a conclusion, either
a) Wilbury is playing FIFA 12 demo
or
b) Playing on Manual might be causing the first touch settings to act differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom