• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fifa is so far ahead of PES in everyway IMO that if Fifa wasn't coming out this year I still wouldn't buy PES.

There's something missing from it though. It just seems so predictable. Every attack I do is the same, I know when the ball's coming in exactly how the player's going to kick it, I know exactly what the opposition are doing, I know exactly how to do this and that.

I really like it on some levels but for me out of the two demos PES feels more like... old PES

Going to Thorpe Park tomorrow. I went two weeks ago and was feeling ill by the time we got on Swarm, I fainted. One of the fucking weirdest feelings ever! But still looking forward to going on it tomorrow and actually seeing the whole thing!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Valencia double yellow

He's out of the next match.

EDIT: Uruguay 1 Ecuador 1. Great result for Ecuador.

So dc37 has finally lost it. I wondered how long it would take for the City propaganda to consume him. I imagine he's sat at his pc right now, furiously searching google for any article that casts a bad light on united, then claiming it proves United are shit scared of City and will try to do anything to stop them.

I actually really like the PES demo, there's an element of unpredictability that I really like, plus I rather enjoy it on single player as well. Just played with my brother on FIFA and I really can't tell a difference.
Truth be told, as much as the PES demo was better in my opinion, I don't think either are particularly good games.

Even if FIFA is the best football game, it's still not that great a game.

operon

Martin Samuel has wrote a good piece for Banned Newspaper.

"Here's why United want cash curbs - they are scared of Manchester City."

Goes on to say why Gill only wants profits to be analysed as a marker of success. It's a bit obvious that Dave...

"There was no talk of curbs when United were the biggest beasts, unopposed."

BANG ON.

Gill wanting these rules now - it reeks of desperation. United don't like it, no, they can't stand it, the little neighbours are now a threat. A massive one.
You had a real slim chance of coming across as not trolling til you mentioned the banned paper. Everyone and their dog supports this being brought in.

There's something missing from it though. It just seems so predictable. Every attack I do is the same, I know when the ball's coming in exactly how the player's going to kick it, I know exactly what the opposition are doing, I know exactly how to do this and that.

I really like it on some levels but for me out of the two demos PES feels more like... old PES

That's something they've actually changed thanks to the new first touch system, in the few games of 13 I've played it's made the game so much more interesting now that you're not guaranteed a near-perfect touch like in previous versions.

Then there's the new skill games, the way the stats update, Ultimate Team, Head to Head seasons etc etc. PES just feels so bare, ignoring the gameplay (which I also find lackluster) there just isn't enough in there to justify a 40 quid price tag.

Wilbur

Banned
Truth be told, as much as the PES demo was better in my opinion, I don't think either are particularly good games.

Even if FIFA is the best football game, it's still not that great a game.

I guess so. I just want a fucking good football game for once! Hasn't really been one since PES6 in my eyes.

That's something they've actually changed thanks to the new first touch system, in the few games of 13 I've played it's made the game so much more interesting now that you're not guaranteed a near-perfect touch like in previous versions.

Then there's the new skill games, the way the stats update, Ultimate Team, Head to Head seasons etc etc. PES just feels so bare, ignoring the gameplay (which I also find lackluster) there just isn't enough in there to justify a 40 quid price tag.

All feels like bells and whistles to me; couldn't give a fuck about the stats updates, Ultimate Team crashed every time I used it, skill games I can completely ignore from the few I've played here.

Haven't noticed the first touch thing once and that's on all manual controls.

kharma45

I loveeee Under The Gun. Although I like the demo version more than the recording on Sawdust. But yeah I love that song it's so listenable, if that were a word.

Yeah demo version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sawdust one.

I think I deleted the Sawdust one from my iTunes library, doesn't even compare.

Soi-Fong

So dc37 has finally lost it. I wondered how long it would take for the City propaganda to consume him. I imagine he's sat at his pc right now, furiously searching google for any article that casts a bad light on united, then claiming it proves United are shit scared of City and will try to do anything to stop them.

lol Just from going through the thread he's sorta turning into a brainless City fan. I understand passion, but there's also the stage where he's starting to just push City down your throat and it's getting annoying.

Don't think any other United fan here actually shoves United down other poster's throats.

It's crazy really...

FIFA's new animations are pretty slick, I have to say... But I prefer how PES handles close control and also the manual passing system.

Who knows... will probably get both when the time comes. I'll be pressing cross instead of shoot with an open goal for some years yet.

operon

lol Just from going through the thread he's sorta turning into a brainless City fan. I understand passion, but there's also the stage where he's starting to just push City down your throat and it's getting annoying.

Don't think any other United fan here actually shoves United down other poster's throats.

It's crazy really...
Bar doicare and lunchbox all the united fans are dead on.

K1LLER7

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Valencia double yellow

He's out of the next match.

Nice work Agent Tony :)

RVP and Kagawa should be okay for Saturday. Expecting Kagawa to start on the bench and RVP to play behind Chicha.

Welbecks was okay today but I still wouldn't start him.

Scum

Wotcha lads.
It's been a tiring few days. Don't seem to have an appetite at all. :-(
Enjoying my Poirot collection though.

BTW, any interesting games tonight? Missed footy 'cos it was damn busy.

bud

Nice work Agent Tony :)

RVP and Kagawa should be okay for Saturday. Expecting Kagawa to start on the bench and RVP to play behind Chicha.

Welbecks was okay today but I still wouldn't start him.

hernandez? he's worse. way worse.

just let rvp play as a #9, and let him do whatever he wants up front.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wasn't Fabian linked with a club in europe a couple of weeks ago? Looks a good player from what i've seen (which isn't really much :lol)
Wolfsburg and Bayern Munich both made formal bids for him, but our owner stepped in and ordered for him to stay at least six more months, arguing that we would diminish an already reduced roster that's going through a lot of injuries today. Which is true, but still.

I think Wolfsburg's interest will still be up in the table coming next transfer window.

Wotcha lads.
It's been a tiring few days. Don't seem to have an appetite at all. :-(
Enjoying my Poirot collection though.

BTW, any interesting games tonight? Missed footy 'cos it was damn busy.

The England match was good. Cleverly missed a sitter, Ukraine scored a great goal, Welbeck dived, Gerrard got sent off, Andy Townsend was Andy Townsend and England finished with 9 players

Wilbur

Banned
The England match was good. Cleverly missed a sitter, Ukraine scored a great goal, Welbeck dived, Gerrard got sent off, Andy Townsend was Andy Townsend and England finished with 9 players

C_71_article_1550625_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Scum

Just had a quick read on the BBC. Seemed to me like Ukraine turned up and were promptly robbed by an oh-so-average England side.

Jensen

Don't know why you are picking on Milner, he put a shift in tonight even though he was played out of position while the PL's biggest star was invisible all night.

it hurts doesn't it? Seeing a City supertsar leading by example for England. United fans don't like it, no, they can't stand it, the little neighbors and JM7 are now a threat. A massive one.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't know why you are picking on Milner, he put a shift in tonight even though he was played out of position while the PL's biggest star was invisible all night.

it hurts doesn't it? Seeing a City supertsar leading by example for England. United fans don't like it, no, they can't stand it, the little neighbors and JM7 are now a threat. A massive one.

I almost fucking raged until JM7 hahaha

Wilbur

Banned
How? It literally happens every minute, one of the players either takes a great touch or a horrible one depending on which player it is.

Nope. Played with every team and haven't seen a bad touch unless I knock it too far with R3, which happened in 12 anyway. Jenkinson is the worst player I've done it with and he's been fine.

Players with the ball seem far too fast as well. Warmed to it a little, scored a class goal with Lewandowski. Just haven't really noticed anything about the two big things they're highlighting, which is the first touch and the improved dribbling.

My fear is I enjoy it at the moment but I'll hate it after a month like I did with 12 and I'll be left without a football game all year. It's better than PES but there's something missing that PES seems to have. Don't know what... will need to decide what to get when I play the full games.

K1LLER7

Wolfsburg and Bayern Munich both made formal bids for him, but our owner stepped in and ordered for him to stay at least six more months, arguing that we would diminish an already reduced roster that's going through a lot of injuries today. Which is true, but still.

I think Wolfsburg's interest will still be up in the table coming next transfer window.
Suprised no PL team is interested, he'll handle the physical aspect imo. He might not get much playing time at Bayern, but it would be good to see him play in Europe.

hernandez? he's worse. way worse.

just let rvp play as a #9, and let him do whatever he wants up front.

The way Fergie was talking about how good Hernandez was in the last game, makes me think he'll starts him. Hope he just sticks to the same team as against Southampton but play Nani on the left ahead of Welbeck.

Nope. Played with every team and haven't seen a bad touch unless I knock it too far with R3, which happened in 12 anyway. Jenkinson is the worst player I've done it with and he's been fine.

Players with the ball seem far too fast as well. Warmed to it a little, scored a class goal with Lewandowski. Just haven't really noticed anything about the two big things they're highlighting, which is the first touch and the improved dribbling.

My fear is I enjoy it at the moment but I'll hate it after a month like I did with 12 and I'll be left without a football game all year. It's better than PES but there's something missing that PES seems to have. Don't know what... will need to decide what to get when I play the full games.

I can't believe you haven't noticed first touch? Not one touch has flicked up or got caught between your feet? Did you download the FIFA 12 demo accidentally?

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe you haven't noticed first touch? Not one touch has flicked up or got caught between your feet? Did you download the FIFA 12 demo accidentally?

Nope, haven't noticed it at all. Only if I'm trying to receive the ball and flick R3 have I lost control of it. Playing in the rain now on single player and neither I nor the CPU have made a mistake yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom