• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't bought a PES since PES6 haha! Played it at the Eurogamer Expo when it was the first next gen one and it was godawful. Had FIFA since 08 now.

I wish I had stopped there too. Still got PES2008 somewhere, no doubt the worst game I have ever paid full price for. I only add full price because I bought "street cleaning simulator" in a weak moment.

clemenx

Banned
fuck cant you guys just stick to beisbol and leave us alone? jk well deserved told you guys this shit is going down to the last match day for the repechage spot

Dude, Colombia has 1st place locked down, lolol. Scary stuff these last 2 games.

But yes. Ecuador playing well again, Peru gaining ground... Seems only Paraguay and Bolivia are out.

Wilbur

Banned
Okay so the CPU have failed to control it a few times. I'm still awesome though.

Single player's so fucking wank. They all play exactly the same type of football, despite it saying 'Slow - Balanced - Fast' when you're picking a team.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tata Martino was there when they got to the Copa América final without winning a single match. The problem is the player pool: they just have no one coming through the ranks to displace a group of slow lethargic individuals.

good point. they have absolutely no youth players. wtf is there to do in paraguay? their women are ugly and its cold right?

ps dont mention larissa

Okay so the CPU have failed to control it a few times. I'm still awesome though.

Single player's so fucking wank. They all play exactly the same type of football, despite it saying 'Slow - Balanced - Fast' when you're picking a team.

Yeah if there's one thing I can't stand about FIFA it's playing the computer. I haven't played a career season on Fifa since 07. Multiplayer is just infinitely better. I'm just playing the demo on beginner because anything above is just infuriating.

Pre

I'm not sure how the USA hasn't scored a goal yet. We've had numerous chances, but some unlucky bounces and some good goalkeeping from Miller have combined to deny us a lead. 79% possession at the half. Jamaica hasn't really sniffed the goal.

Oh, and Dempsey is hilarious:

ic5fbKBxbbkRF.gif

I'm not sure how the USA hasn't scored a goal yet. We've had numerous chances, but some unlucky bounces and some good goalkeeping from Miller have combined to deny us a lead. 79% possession at the half. Jamaica hasn't really sniffed the goal.

Oh, and Dempsey is hilarious:

ic5fbKBxbbkRF.gif

You know, If I'd seen that a year ago I'd have probably thought it was funny. After the way he conducted himself in the transfer window a few weeks ago I think he's probably just being a dickhead.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah if there's one thing I can't stand about FIFA it's playing the computer. I haven't played a career season on Fifa since 07. Multiplayer is just infinitely better. I'm just playing the demo on beginner because anything above is just infuriating.

Yeah. Need to start playing online more, shunned it because of dickheads quitting and potential lag but need to get into it.

I've warmed to it. The new collisions are good, CPU definitely miscontrolling at times on Legendary. I'm controlling fine though, even Buffon's doing alright. Maybe holding down L2 when controlling does something?

Haven't really noticed more intelligent player runs either.

Yeah. Need to start playing online more, shunned it because of dickheads quitting and potential lag but need to get into it.

I've warmed to it. The new collisions are good, CPU definitely miscontrolling at times on Legendary. I'm controlling fine though, even Buffon's doing alright. Maybe holding down L2 when controlling does something?

Haven't really noticed more intelligent player runs either.

Ultimate Team fixed that for me. No matter how bad I'm beating someone they never quit. Obviously UT isn't for everyone though. The Head2Head seasons mode is pretty great as well.

Wilbur

Banned
Had to go to bed, fucking huge spider on the curtains near my head and I woke my dad up to find it and he couldn't and now I don't want to sleep in this house

AndresON777

shooting blanks
you strike me as peruvian. and i always says that they dont pay pizarro enough so that he plays like in germany.

there is a Peru gaf? good to see. I want argentina to lose so bad but my consolation is I have an old inca friend and I will talk so much shit it will be so awesome. they better give james and falcao good trick abilities in fifa.

booze....rising

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
FUCK YOU GUARDADO YOU ARE NOT PLAYING IN SEGUNDA DIVISION ANYMORE YOU CANNOT SCORE THOSE GOALS HERE

FUCK SHIT WHATH;ALGAL; AFDO;ADA;LKCONCKOAN;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom