• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
7005612230_df777b8ec5_c.jpg

Our kit(s) are starting to grow on me

Yen

I don't want to open a can of worms here but I find the British Police Service to be abhorrent.

Hillsborough wasn't the first time they've framed innocent people for crimes they didn't commit.

I agree (but Kyle will call me a chucky ;) ). Countless events during the Troubles.

operon

He did. And with the Bloody Sunday apology. Have to give him credit for that.
You do have to give him credit how anyone think that ass boris could be better I don't know. The scale of the cover up is mind boggling has to be up their with bloody sunday

Clegg

The Guildford Four was just as terrible.

The police had evidence that would prove the innocence of the four but they buried it and proceeded to incarcerate them for a crime they didn't commit.

Wilbur

Banned
The Guildford Four was just as terrible too.

The police had evidence that would prove the innocence of the four but they buried it and proceeded to incarcerate them for a crime they didn't commit.

Guildford Four are the ones in In The Name Of The Father, right? Great film.

It seems a cliche among a lot of my mates to all hate the police but there's a lot of reasons, there really is.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I won't read the report today, I feel to much emotion at this time.

I remember that day well, as a nine year old Irish Liverpool supporter the FA cup had a special place in my heart especially the '86 win against Everton, I thought I knew heartbreak after the '88 final, boy was I wrong.

The semi final was shown live in Ireland on RTÉ, and I still burn with anger at how such a tragedy was twisted with malevolent intent by the Police and some of the Media.

My main memory of that day was Bruce Grobbelaar trying & pleading to get the fans help. I didn't know what he was doing at the time, he was gesticulating towards those police/stewards behind the goal and the match officials. It soon became clear that something horrific was going on as the teams went off the pitch & the fans poured on to it. I remember the use of the advertising boards as stretchers and CPR being attempted.

I was in shock and disbelief, but I didn't think people were dying, (I found out later that night) I couldn't imagine such a thing would happen on live TV. I guess I was very naive to the dangers and incompetence possible at such a big event.

I hope this coming out now will help the families & community heal. The whole city has been tarred by this fabrication, the lies have taken root and I will be very surprised if they will ever go away completely.

JFT96
YNWA

Clegg

Guildford Four are the ones in In The Name Of The Father, right? Great film.

It seems a cliche among a lot of my mates to all hate the police but there's a lot of reasons, there really is.
Yup.

I'm sure the majority of rank and file police officers are perfectly good people. The real problem seems to be those within the upper echelon of the organization.

Fergie

Banned
Giroud has the touch of a rapist in the demo. Even when I stand still or try to control it.

Hopefully it's toned down in final release. Too
Sensitive at the moment.

Juventus are awesome aswell. Haven't lost vs CPU with them.

Seems defenders have been speed up to counteract the speed demon tactics in 12?

Pretty dangerous having fog lights on when they are not needed. Can blind drivers on the other side of the road.
So they say, but on my countless hours on the road in car and on bike I can honestly say I have never been blinded by oncoming fogs. And I always notice them because I think they look good.

Edit: also, I never got this, because don't fog lights the ground low in front of you rather than high, like normal headlights would?

So they say, but on my countless hours on the road in car and on bike I can honestly say I have never been blinded by oncoming fogs. And I always notice them because I think they look good.

Edit: also, I never got this, because don't fog lights the ground low in front of you rather than high, like normal headlights would?

I can attest to the fact that fog lights blind you for a couple of seconds at a time. That's all it takes

I've actually read more compelling reasoning for foglights being dangerous to the driver using them, than to oncoming traffic. The idea being that the pupils take in the closer light and reduce long distance vision in the dark.

kharma45

I hate people who drive with fogs on, not gonna lie :p hate fuckers who don't know when to turn off their full beam either.

Edit - Oh and those berks with the illegal HIDs.

Yen

Was reading about Sir Irvine Patnick OBE on rawk. He was the Sun's MP source and among his various claims, he said Liverpool fans told police to give them a dead body so they could rape her. When showing Thatcher around Hillsborough after the disaster he said police were "hampered, harassed, punched and kicked". Hope Cameron rescinds his knighthood, or ideally, makes him face prosecution for defamation.

I hate people who drive with fogs on, not gonna lie :p hate fuckers who don't know when to turn off their full beam either.

Edit - Oh and those berks with the illegal HIDs.
I don't drive with them on now because I don't care anymore. This was when I had my first car and thought it was class. However, I see people with them on all the time and they never bother me or have blinded me.

Plus, most of my travelling is now done on my bike anyway.

I'm actually looking around the internet for any good information regarding why fogs are supposedly bad to oncoming traffic. Can't find any. I have found some to the contrary, but I'm not about to make up my mind based on one piece of information.

Thought I might have had them confused. Its probably full beams which blind me when I'm in a thicket car park at night
I hate when people don't turn off full beams.

Wilbur

Banned
Subtitles just came up on the news and they're a bit behind, and it's on mute. The subtitles said 'a rare victory for' and then there was a little break before it said 'the individual and the families etc'

Is it bad I half expected it to say 'rare victory for Liverpool'?

Arnie

What were you guys expecting?

It's an iPhone 4 with a 4 inch screen, and it doesn't look as nice. Replacing the aluminium with a black border looks bad, and it's not even about looking different to the iPhone 4 because the rest of the phone looks so similar anyway.

elsk

Banned
It's an iPhone 4 with a 4 inch screen, and it doesn't look as nice. Replacing the aluminium with a black border looks bad, and it's not even about looking different to the iPhone 4 because the rest of the phone looks so similar anyway.

Well, you can't expect them to "reinvent" the phone each year. It looks great to me, but I will be getting an iPhone 4 this year anyway.

Clegg

I like Apple products but imo the iPhone is a massive con job.

The newer iterations offer little to no improvements on its predecessor but Apple still get millions of people buying their phone. Its a ripoff.

Lumia 920 really has the iPhone beaten so far for me, hopefully WP8 arrives on time.
I currently have a Galaxy Ace. Cost like £120 and is the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. Cheap smart phones just don't cut it.

But I liked the idea of the old Lumia phones. The 920 though is probably the first phone I've seen in years that makes me think I'd be willing to splash the cash. Not that I have said cash to splash.

Yen

I currently have a Galaxy Ace. Cost like £120 and is the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. Cheap smart phones just don't cut it.

But I liked the idea of the old Lumia phones. The 920 though is probably the first phone I've seen in years that makes me think I'd be willing to splash the cash. Not that I have said cash to splash.

What's wrong with the Ace? Was looking at one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom