• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Fav thing about the apple presentation.

iPhone5_0190.jpg

Yes, lets compare our new phone to a really old one, that way the changes will actually seem important.

elsk

Banned
Then your vision's obscured.

iphone-4-vs-3gs.jpg

I don't see that much of a difference, just thinner and the new iPhone is thinner than the iPhone 4/4S. Unless you want them to change the form to iPhone 3G/3GS kind of design again.

Fav thing about the apple presentation.

iPhone5_0190.jpg

Yes, lets compare our new phone to a really old one, that way the changes will actually seem important.

I still have the iPhone on the left :(

Arnie

iPhone 4 to 4s didn't offer enough incentive for people to make the transition imo.

5 doesn't look too exciting either.

Exactly. It's a far cry from 3GS to 4, which after the time they've taken, I was expecting.

Doesn't matter, contract doesn't run out for a while anyway so I was never going to get it, but I might in the future, and hoped for something with a little more sparkle.

Under powered, cheap feeling and just not all that great. You get what you pay for.
I've taken to dropping mine when it slows up.

It's brilliant because it resets the phone which is what it needs. And I get the satisfaction of watching the back come off and the battery pop out.

Yen

I've taken to dropping mine when it slows up.

It's brilliant because it resets the phone which is what it needs. And I get the satisfaction of watching the back come off and the battery pop out.

Think I'll steer clear then! Will need to replace my Sony Ericcson K750i sometime though.

Feorax

iPhone 4 to 4s didn't offer enough incentive for people to make the transition imo.

5 doesn't look too exciting either.

I went from 3GS to 4S. I'll probably get whatever the revision of the 5 is.

Watching the Hillsborough vigil. It's devastating...

iPhone 5 I am disappoint. Well, good, but not amazing. Was hoping for fireworks.

I've got a 4 so I don't know if I will upgrade. Although I am due an upgrade in a couple of months...maybe I'll just revert to a cheap monthly plan. My 4 is a bit slow at times but nothing crazy.

Also, lack of google maps has me worried. Siri wasn't great in the UK and I don't know if the new maps app will have everything covered.

Think I'll steer clear then!
Smart phones are like any other technology. You get what you pay for. If you actually need the phone to do reasonably demanding tasks, then go big, because you'll just be wasting your money on a phone that costs £150.

I would love a better phone, but the prices, for me, are far too steep. And really, anything I need to do, I have a laptop and desktop for. The phone gets me by when I'm out, but if I relied on it, it wouldn't be up to the task.

kharma45

iPhone 5 I am disappoint. Well, good, but not amazing. Was hoping for fireworks.

I've got a 4 so I don't know if I will upgrade. Although I am due an upgrade in a couple of months...maybe I'll just revert to a cheap monthly plan. My 4 is a bit slow at times but nothing crazy.

Also, lack of google maps has me worried. Siri wasn't great in the UK and I don't know if the new maps app will have everything covered.

I'd keep the 4 and go Giffgaff
let me refer you

Yen

Smart phones are like any other technology. You get what you pay for. If you actually need the phone to do reasonably demanding tasks, then go big, because you'll just be wasting your money on a phone that costs £150.

I would love a better phone, but the prices, for me, are far too steep. And really, anything I need to do, I have a laptop and desktop for. The phone gets me by when I'm out, but if I relied on it, it wouldn't be up to the task.

My current phone is 6 years old, so I know nothing about smartphones or if I need one :p

Clegg

Yeah but the fact the called it the 4S and not the 5 should tell you something.

5 doesn't look like a massive improvement either.

Its about what you'd expect from a new iteration of a mobile phone.

It certainly didn't warrant a huge conference for it.

kharma45

5 doesn't look like a massive improvement either.

Its about what you'd expect from a new iteration of a mobile phone.

It certainly didn't warrant a huge conference for it.

It feels like a 4S2, it's a tick update not the tock it should be for a new number variant.

elsk

Banned
Yeah, the only thing holding me back from moving to Android phone is, well, Android itself. The lack of consistency in updates, the android market is fragmented so having iOS-apps-quality is almost impossible.

So yeah, iOS is great.

But Android phone have a much better price. For example I could pick a Galaxy Nexus (unlocked) for 370$, in the iOS front I can only get an iPhone 4 (unlocked) for that price.

edit: Is just me or Apple stole Lumia 920 design for the new nanos? http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/12/3320674/apple-ipod-nano-shuffle-update

Fady K

Ok phew, that took forever. Skimmed through a lot of pages and read through a whole bunch of them. Had so much fun, hearing Wilbury and Kyle was top stuff, and the cartoons you guys were posting all over the last OT filled me with beautiful nostalgic feelings.

On a guess I think I'll be dealing with around 60-70 quotes....sounds like an awful lot for one go. I'm thinking - go berserk and have it all in one post once I'm done, or to divide them into a number of posts featuring 10 quotes tops? Decisions, decisions...

4BBVX.jpg

Poor Vita :(

I really don't get the app argument. What are the apps that Android's missing? There numerous apps for all sorts of websites & services. Or do people generally mean games?

Ok phew, that took forever. Skimmed through a lot of pages and read through a whole bunch of them. Had so much fun, hearing Wilbury and Kyle was top stuff, and the cartoons you guys were posting all over the last OT filled me with beautiful nostalgic feelings.

On a guess I think I'll be dealing with around 60-70 quotes....sounds like an awful lot for one go. I'm thinking - go berserk and have it all in one post once I'm done, or to divide them into a number of posts featuring 10 quotes tops? Decisions, decisions...

You're crazy if you're going to go through everything, especially the mess this internatioanl break. :p

Yen

First of all, let me apologise for Wilbury's uber-sexual behaviour, he just can't help it. Anyway, post them all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom