• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ok phew, that took forever. Skimmed through a lot of pages and read through a whole bunch of them. Had so much fun, hearing Wilbury and Kyle was top stuff, and the cartoons you guys were posting all over the last OT filled me with beautiful nostalgic feelings.

On a guess I think I'll be dealing with around 60-70 quotes....sounds like an awful lot for one go. I'm thinking - go berserk and have it all in one post once I'm done, or to divide them into a number of posts featuring 10 quotes tops? Decisions, decisions...
On behalf of everyone, one post!

elsk

Banned
I really don't get the app argument. What are the apps that Android's missing? There numerous apps for all sorts of websites & services. Or do people generally mean games?

There are much more apps on iOS, but I was talking about Android not being so "optimized"/tested because of the huge variety of Android versions and phones. There's a huge fragmentation and most apps haven't been updated to the new design guidelines of android.

Well, I never really encounter any of that. But you're certainly not alone with having this issue - I heard it before, just never really understood it.
Like for instance: are you going to die if an app is looking a bit weird when it's scaled to full res on a tablet? There are probably alternatives anyways. Of course you already payed for it, but you should've considered that before buying it.

Sa3jQ.jpg

Corporate whores :p

Ok phew, that took forever. Skimmed through a lot of pages and read through a whole bunch of them. Had so much fun, hearing Wilbury and Kyle was top stuff, and the cartoons you guys were posting all over the last OT filled me with beautiful nostalgic feelings.

On a guess I think I'll be dealing with around 60-70 quotes....sounds like an awful lot for one go. I'm thinking - go berserk and have it all in one post once I'm done, or to divide them into a number of posts featuring 10 quotes tops? Decisions, decisions...
FADY K, WOOOOOOH!

Go crazy. One post.

flyover

I really like WP OS. Looks fast, sleek and functional. iOS is good at what it does, nothing more, nothing less.

Android is shit.

I prefer iOS, but to be fair, all of these OSes and devices are like fucking wizardry compared to anything that existed only a half-dozen years go. They're all pretty cool.

One mega-quote to rule them all

Isn't there a character limit on GAF posts? You should beat that Fady :p

And you're using one of my icons as an avatar whoohoo!

TeegsD

Well, I never really encounter any of that. But you're certainly not alone with having this issue - I heard it before, just never really understood it.
Like for instance: are you going to die if an app is looking a bit weird when it's scaled to full res on a tablet? There are probably alternatives anyways. Of course you already payed for it, but you should've considered that before buying it.

Sa3jQ.jpg

Corporate whores :p

Ugh, dammit Dave. You can't stoop that low to play for Apple

kharma45

Go on. I'm listening.

Fragmentation is the main thing, OEMs with their skins and networks with their own tests to run have made updates a fucking joke.

It's also taken until now with Jelly Bean to get the UI hardware accelerated, something Windows Phone and iOS had since day 1. Thing there takes me back to updates, how many devices actually have Jelly Bean? A mighty total of 3.

Kyoufu

Fragmentation is the main thing, OEMs with their skins and networks with their own tests to run have made updates a fucking joke.

It's also taken until now with Jelly Bean to get the UI hardware accelerated, something Windows Phone and iOS had since day 1. Thing there takes me back to updates, how many devices actually have Jelly Bean? A mighty total of 3.

DIDNTREADLOL.GIF

HUGSGALAXYS3.JPG

I agree. Google need to sort that out (but probably won't).

Saying that, even Ice Cream Sandwich is excellent. Android is bee's knees right now if you're not using a 2009 phone.

Long shot but does anyone know anything about disabled parking at Earls Court? When I went there about 3 years ago I just turned up and they let us park but looking at there website you have to pay to park normally. Is the charge still there for disabled people?

elsk

Banned
Wow, Apple didn't drop the price of the unlocked iPhone 4... it's 450$ now. The iPhone 3GS was 375$, so I was guessing they would drop the price of the iPhone 4 to that. Incredible.

I think I might end up getting a Galaxy Nexus. Fuck Apple.

Fady K

You're crazy if you're going to go through everything, especially the mess this internatioanl break. :p

I'm already done actually :p I had a lot of fun btw! (I must admit it took longer than expected!) I skimmed through in parts. Wilbury was a particular highlight in more than one occasion :p

First of all, let me apologise for Wilbury's uber-sexual behaviour, he just can't help it. Anyway, post them all at once.

HAHA. Man, I'm pretty sure one of my many posts will involve wilbury!!

On behalf of everyone, one post!

FADY K, WOOOOOOH!

Go crazy. One post.

One mega-quote to rule them all

Isn't there a character limit on GAF posts? You should beat that Fady :p

And you're using one of my icons as an avatar whoohoo!

Ok u guys convinced me :] One post it shall be. I'll work on it before the end of Thursday then. At the very least, those of you mentioned in the posts - do read :D

Got this in the post today:

(Ignore the Xbox controller, haha)

Very excited though, not been to the Bridge in years, got tickets for the Carling Cup game (vs Wolves) and our home game vs Norwich on October 6th!

Wilbur

Banned
Game's gonna be class, I reckon it'll be quite close.

I wouldn't look forward to the match in Italy though if I were you haha... can see them destroying you.

Very excited though, not been to the Bridge in years, got tickets for the Carling Cup game (vs Wolves) and our home game vs Norwich on October 6th!

I really wanted to go to that game! I was busy on the day though. I have tickets to the Wolves game as well although not sure if it will be any good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

/trashtalk

You've picked the wrong game to make your comeback my friend!

3-1 Chelsea

0-0 both legs.

pulga

Banned
I've never seen them reinventing the phone after the first iPhone.
They just add news features each year, and change the design a little bit each 2 years. That's it.

Dude, 3GS to 4 was a massive leap. Retina Display alone makes all the difference in the world.

I really wanted to go to that game! I was busy on the day though. I have tickets to the Wolves game as well although not sure if it will be any good.

Should be an excellent game (Juve), have you got a membership? For £25 its pretty good, I got the tickets at 7am~ the day they came out and the tickets were available for most of the day iirc.

The wolves game should be alright, probably see players like Azpilicueta, Moses, Oscar, Sturridge and Bertrand playing so it should be quite exciting and that was only £25 too. I found the CL and cup ticket prices to be quite good. £35 for CL group games!

/trashtalk

You've picked the wrong game to make your comeback my friend!

3-1 Chelsea

0-0 both legs.

Haha! Well I don't mind as long as its a good game. Juve were great last season so should be exciting. Looking forward to seeing Bendtner in the flesh!

Should be an excellent game (Juve), have you got a membership? For £25 its pretty good, I got the tickets at 7am~ the day they came out and the tickets were available for most of the day iirc.

The wolves game should be alright, probably see players like Azpilicueta, Moses, Oscar, Sturridge and Bertrand playing so it should be quite exciting and that was only £25 too. I found the CL and cup ticket prices to be quite good. £35 for CL group games!

I am not. I usually get tickets of my Dad's friend who is a season ticket holder. I have only been once this year so far though vs. Newcastle. Will more than likely get tickets to a couple of CL games, I went to the game vs. Man Utd a couple of seasons back.

rodvik

Ok u guys convinced me :] One post it shall be. I'll work on it before the end of Thursday then. At the very least, those of you mentioned in the posts - do read :D

Excellent. One post, no apologies, no breaks. The end of times is before us.

Typing this now on my 4s which I had to buy outright from SoftBank due to my visa only being a year. Yeah I'll be waiting for the 5s to upgrade at least. Maybe even the 6 at this rate. 4s master race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom