• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Apart from the, y'know, innards of the whole thing.

This has been my phone progression since 2007:

How far we've come ;_;

Blackberry... Haha, you're the typical honduran aren't you? :p

All the people (with money) in Honduras moved to iPhone this year.
It may have been a big jump for you from Bb to iPhone 4S but I've been using my iPhone since 2007. Everytime I see a new models is the same but faster and better looking.

Arnie

I had a Blackberry before my iPhone and I don't understand the hate. They're fucking brilliant for texting, emailing, and BBMING.

elsk

Banned
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

pulga

Banned
Blackberry... Haha, you're the typical honduran aren't you? :p

All the people (with money) in Honduras moved to iPhone this year.
It may have been a big jump for you from Bb to iPhone 4S but I've been using my iPhone since 2007. Everytime I see a new models is the same but faster and better looking.

BBM, mang. All the bitches were up in that shit :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
any of you guys have the HTC1x? My old piece of shit xperia barely charges any more since I spilled malt beer on it (lol) and att said I can upgrade to the htc for 100 bucks. I like android so I'm not considering anything else.

elsk

Banned
Nokia phones were amazing back then. Shit was endless.

Because Apple choose to not drop the price of the iPhone 4 I may end up getting the iPhone 5 if I have the money to buy one (649$) or the most likely scenario I end up getting a Galaxy Nexus for 350$.

dc89

iPhone 5. Wow what a non-event. I can honestly say if Jobs was alive they would not have simply played catchup and launches this phone, they'd have blown the Galaxy s3 away and re-wrote the rule book.

RIP Steve.

Smart phones are like any other technology. You get what you pay for. If you actually need the phone to do reasonably demanding tasks, then go big, because you'll just be wasting your money on a phone that costs £150.

I would love a better phone, but the prices, for me, are far too steep. And really, anything I need to do, I have a laptop and desktop for. The phone gets me by when I'm out, but if I relied on it, it wouldn't be up to the task.
Lumia 710 is a definite exception to this. Same internals as the 800 with the obvious cosmetic differences and a worse screen.

Why? Tap water is grizzle gross. I don't trust that stuff even filtered.
Tap water in the UK is actually pretty damn good, health wise.
A lot is better than bottled water with respect to things like suspended solids.

iPhone 5. Wow what a non-event. I can honestly say if Jobs was alive they would not have simply played catchup and launches this phone, they'd have blown the Galaxy s3 away and re-wrote the rule book.

RIP Steve.

The only difference would have been more claims of first this, better that, despite all evidence to the contrary.

How exactly would they have gone about blowing the S3 away? It's stuffed with the latest technology. The iPhone 5 has probably caught up in that regard and anyone expecting revolutions on the software side are in dream land. Apple have a winning formula software wise. They are not gonna move away from that anytime soon.

Hixx

any of you guys have the HTC1x? My old piece of shit xperia barely charges any more since I spilled malt beer on it (lol) and att said I can upgrade to the htc for 100 bucks. I like android so I'm not considering anything else.

It's great. Big, nice screen. Fast as you can get.

Battery life not great tho.

dc89

Um... have they done that since the iPad?

The only difference would have been more claims of first this, better that, despite all evidence to the contrary.

How exactly would they have gone about blowing the S3 away? It's stuffed with the latest technology. The iPhone 5 has probably caught up in that regard and anyone expecting revolutions on the software side are in dream land. Apple have a winning formula software wise. They are not gonna move away from that anytime soon.

Well I just think they'd have been more. Unless it was Jobs' uncanny ability to sell snow to the Eskimo's.

From what I've read, I would go with the S.
Smaller screen but better battery life and also faster at most things IIRC despite it's dual core processor.

Just went through my dad's record collection that's stuffed somewhere in a box in the attic and it saddens me that I'll never leave a collection like that to my children. Everything's digital nowadays and it's only now that I see that a huge sentimental value has been lost with the rise of digital distribution.

Also the box with comics from the '80s was nice. I've read some of them too when I was younger. He was particularly fond of the Tarzan comics.

dc89

"At last, The Truth came out after 23 years. The dignity and respect of the families of Hillsborough was always an example. #JFT96"

Xabi Alonso is a class act.

ATF487

Just went through my dad's record collection that's stuffed somewhere in a box in the attic and it saddens me that I'll never leave a collection like that to my children. Everything's digital nowadays and it's only now that I see that a huge sentimental value has been lost with the rise of digital distribution.

Also the box with comics from the '80s was nice. I've read some of them too when I was younger. He was particularly fond of the Tarzan comics.

You can still buy CDs y'know

You can still buy CDs y'know
Why would I buy CD's when I can download complete albums with a single mouseclick and have the music available everywhere on my phone

It's not that I can't, it's the fact that we've got something much better and easier which make CD/Vinyl obsolete. So in that regard, I wish we'd still be living in much simpler times for only that particular reason I mentioned above: showing my kickass collection to my kids someday. Showing them my collection on my computer screen just does not cut it.

Zabojnik

Close to finishing Sleeping Dogs, don't want it to end :(

Finished it the other day. I don't get it. What's so great about it? Every single element of it - the driving, the fighting, the shooting - is average at best. I really liked Wei Shen and some of the other characters, but the story didn't exactly blow me away either. Pretty standard crime stuff.

ATF487

Why would I buy CD's when I can download complete albums with a single mouseclick and have the music available everywhere on my phone

It's not that I can't, it's the fact that we've got something much better and easier which make CD/Vinyl obsolete. So in that regard, I wish we'd still be living in much simpler times.

I don't know, I was still buying CDs as a kid so I developed that love of record stores that will never go away. The only thing that stops me from building a massive physical collection is money; buying music digitally is pretty much worse in every way, except for the instant gratification.

Lately I've been thinking about digital distribution, and I think the only media where I prefer it to getting something physical is with games. Everything else, from newspapers, magazines, books, music, movies, etc, I'd rather get a box and a disc/lp/tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom