• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Finished it the other day. I don't get it. What's so great about it? Every single element of it - the driving, the fighting, the shooting - is average at best. I really liked Wei Shen and some of the other characters, but the story didn't exactly blow me away either. Pretty standard crime stuff.

Was my game of the year so far. Loved it, just enjoyed it throughout.

Anybody play BF3?

Just played a few matches and damn I am loving the new maps

ibiKlRKscsqD3M.jpg
ib24CpX9gZPBOQ.jpg
iWykFn74x502t.jpg

i6w0s6POSDI7Y.jpg
iUHH0vvpEhY1c.jpg
ixBvbqUCUfcuH.jpg

Yep, it looks nearly sexier than Ivans butt.

I don't know, I was still buying CDs as a kid so I developed that love of record stores that will never go away. The only thing that stops me from building a massive physical collection is money; buying music digitally is pretty much worse in every way, except for the instant gratification.

Lately I've been thinking about digital distribution, and I think the only media where I prefer it to getting something physical is with games. Everything else, from newspapers, magazines, books, music, movies, etc, I'd rather get a box and a disc/lp/tape.
I've taken the plunge maybe a year ago but I wasn't really into music and comics back then the way I am now. My dad told me he used to go to a record store every Saturday when he was young where he'd listen to newly released records. He'd bring my mother around as well and it was like a proper trip. It saddens me that I'll never have that same experience.

Kyoufu

Battlefield is too boring for me. Maps are too large. I end up traveling too much and then getting sniped. :(

I do concede that I suck at it.

K1LLER7

Finished it the other day. I don't get it. What's so great about it? Every single element of it - the driving, the fighting, the shooting - is average at best. I really liked Wei Shen and some of the other characters, but the story didn't exactly blow me away either. Pretty standard crime stuff.
Agree that the story isn't the best but i've enjoyed it more than RDR and GTA4. Just couldn't get into them both.

Battlefield is too boring for me. Maps are too large. I end up traveling too much and then getting sniped. :(

I do concede that I suck at it.

Console? I could see it being extremely empty with only 24 players, but with 64 you are very rarely far from the action, especially when you can just spawn on a squad member. The close quarters was kind of COD/CS'ish though with the maps and was just constant action.

BFBC2 on PC. Wasn't very packed (24?). Bored the hell out of me :'(

Bad company was 32 players max I think, which also was a bit too little, but it was a spin off so meh, BF3 is the real sequel to BF2. Did like Rush in Bad Company 2 a lot though, but the conquest just never felt right and there was no planes or anything.

I have PC and 360 but I have premium on 360. New maps suck ass. They're empty. I'm sure they're great in PC. But unless you play rush, they're absolute shite.

Yeah that's what I thought. 24 players only already seems a bit too little in the normal maps, now these huge ones...

I managed to get premium for like 12 euros when EA let you order through their Indian store.

K1LLER7

Is it just me or are the lobbed passes in Fifa 13 much easier to pull off?

Haven't changed any of the controls settings and every time I lob over the last line of defenders, it always drops in the perfect place for a shot.

Zabojnik

Playing Heavy Rain atm. Just finished the first chapter (I guess?) with the dude, the wife and the two kids. Love the atmosphere and the lighting, the script is a bit iffy, the right stick commands aren't annoying yet, but I can see them becoming that. All in all, I'm intrigued.

Wes

venison crêpe
As I never played 12 can someone explain defending to me? Do your players step in automatically and it just relies on your positioning?

PS: City are the worst team in that demo. Sheesh.

Bad company was 32 players max I think, which also was a bit too little, but it was a spin off so meh, BF3 is the real sequel to BF2. Did like Rush in Bad Company 2 a lot though, but the conquest just never felt right and there was no planes or anything.

Yeah that's what I thought. 24 players only already seems a bit too little in the normal maps, now these huge ones...
Yeah I like the game just fine with the old maps, but the new ones are wasted. At least with Rush it forces everybody in to one area. Every other game mode is pants.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to understand your accent (that was you right?) :p

And I don't have Premium and don't really play games any more that often anyway
That's who I am now, the terrible accent man.

Playing Heavy Rain atm. Just finished the first chapter (I guess?) with the dude, the wife and the two kids. Love the atmosphere and the lighting, the script is a bit iffy, the right stick commands aren't annoying yet, but I can see them becoming that. All in all, I'm intrigued.

Gets a lot of hate on GAF but loved it, although it's easy to see where the hate comes from cause there is a few problems with the story and some very bad voice acting, but as someone who also sucked up Fahrenheit even when it became completely weird in the end, I really loved it.

As I never played 12 can someone explain defending to me? Do your players step in automatically and it just relies on your positioning?

PS: City are the worst team in that demo. Sheesh.

There's a few videos on youtube explaining it if you search for fifa 12 defeding, it's definitely not just stepping in and hoping for the best, but it's a bit hard to explain just with text.

Well I am not exactly the greatest player either, especially don't let me into a helicopter, that shit will crash and everyone will die a horrible death.

I got verbally abused last time I piloted a helicopter, I will never again! I have mumble installed from when I used to play in the F1 league so if you ever want to play just message me on Steam or Origin.

Before, it seemed like you were a cock-nose. Now it's like you have a cocknose.

I'm confused.
Once upon a time in a thread about cursing, I said I liked to call people cocknose, as in, to have a cock for nose. Like so...

images

But I typed cock-nose, when I hadn't meant to. And so whatever mod gave me the tag just typed cock-nose. It always bothered me :lol but now it has been rectified, presumably by mumei.

Edit: ah, mumei did do it. Thank you sir.

j2p8G.gif

I got verbally abused last time I piloted a helicopter, I will never again! I have mumble installed from when I used to play in the F1 league so if you ever want to play just message me on Steam or Origin.

Yup same happened to me haha. Played a bit on GAFs US BF3 server too (used to also have a EU one) which was pretty good fun, killing Evilore was such a pleasure. Me and Manager has also meant to play again together for a while, could get a small squad going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom