• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

It's the music in Wooden's that makes it even funnier. I wanted to sync my acoustic rendition of YNWA behind my voice, but I couldn't figure out how the fuck to do it on garage band, and I didn't give enough of a fuck to bother syncing it up, and cutting it down, and stuff.

Arnie

I really couldn't understand your accent Kyle. I imagine all the Irish Gaffers to be nodding their heads and gobbling it up, but I was lost.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yar. Christine Sinclair kinda looks like Diego Forlan and she rocked it.

ines-sainz-periodista.jpg

This is Ines Sainz a mexican sports reporter who is also on the new beIN sport channel. Every time I see her I think this is what diego forlan would look like if he was a chick.

Wilbur

Banned
http://minus.com/l6l1PBzUmeqy3

That will work! Damn shitty dropbox! (more than likely my fault)

Get the lube ready Wilbury.

Had to record it in garage band and it's got some naughty echo on it that I can't fix. Took two takes, I collapsed on Igor Biscan initially.

Might record a bane one and see how it sounds. Might.

So here it is.

Script, although I think I am a teensy bit more understandable.

As promised my reading of my short script from wilbury for your aural enjoyment

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10859741/Reading.mp3

Have fun

And mine http://baconsaurus.minus.com/mbr7npPlvQ

And for fun I decided to translate the text to Dutch and read it out loud so you can hear my neutral voice. You can of course laugh at how silly Dutch sounds

http://baconsaurus.minus.com/mgTSlQN0l

Arnie

Fucking :lol :lol :lol at Bacon's 'except the fucking Irish'. Jesus christ that was funny.

As was Quiche's marshmellow knickers story.

:lol, Operon sounds like the curly haired guy from Misfits.

Mumei

Hooray. I found a re-airing of AJax at Real Madrid from Santiago Bernabeu from September 27, 2011. Someone tell me this was a good game, please.

Mumei

... Oh, well, blowouts can still be interesting.

By the way, is there any reason for the players walking out with kids besides it just being a treat for the kids? How are the kids chosen?

By the way, is there any reason for the players walking out with kids besides it just being a treat for the kids? How are the kids chosen?

I was one of the kids who shook the flag and a ballboy for a Newcastle game! Uncle won it for me in a game of poker :lol

I think it's just a treat for the kids. I know that you can become a mascot through charities such as Starlight. When I did it I decided to get Pokemon Snap 2 instead of walking out with the Chelsea team :/. I was such a dumb child!

Mumei

I think it's just a treat for the kids. I know that you can become a mascot through charities such as Starlight. When I did it I decided to get Pokemon Snap 2 instead of walking out with the Chelsea team :/. I was such a dumb child!

On the bright side, you will never have to live with the ignominy of being however tangentially associated with You-Know-Who. Stay positive!

On the bright side you got the worlds only ever copy of Pokemon Snap 2!

How was it?

Hi kids, just popping in to say hi, and ask about people's impressions on the FIFA Demo. I'm going to copy/paste how I feel about it. I posted this on another forum:

After playing the demo for two straight days after work, I have some thoughts:

The first touch control seems really weird, or at least hard to get the hang of. Maybe part of it is because of the assisted settings, but I'll make a five yard pass with Silva to Nasri by tapping the pass button, and Nasri's touch is too hard and loses the ball.
I like the close controls when you hold the LB button. It is good for a redirection, or to stand still on the ball and move your body to make a more accurate pass.
Speaking of accuracy, It is really nice that it seems that tapping the pass button with no regards to controlling the ball seems to be less effective this time. Hopefully ping pong passing will be more difficult to do.
I think they positively tweaked the tackle button to be easier to use. There seems to be a larger range at which you can press the button and try to catch up to the ball carrier as opposed to putting yourself way out of position.
I really like the ball physics overall with regards to play in the box. The keeper doesn't seem to be guaranteed to keep the ball if he gets it, and goals seem to be more unpredictable and random. It isn't the same goal set ups over and over. This is encouraging shots from weird angles or distances you may not normally be encouraged to take in previous iterations because of the chance at a deflection, bounce, or rebound.
I think the AI difficulties are better, but that just means less shit than last year. The offensive AI changes mean that the computer isn't just playing keepaway with the ball the way they did in FIFA 12.
The offensive AI is great, when you have the ball. Although sometimes I don't understand the runs my players make, and they leave me with no outlets. Also, when Diaby and Wilshere make runs, that doesn't mean I want Podolski and Giroud to stay in midfield.
My biggest concern for FIFA 13:
With the introduction of improved offensive AI, the defensive AI is being shamefully exposed for being absolutely terrible. I don't understand how neither of my CBs can track back to the box when a long through ball is made to the wing, or how a 4-0 against my keeper happens. The defensive AI still doesn't mark men when the ball is in the final third. I can only mark one or two guys at a time, not three or four. I'm really worried that despite all the improvements in the offensive game, the defensive AI is just going to be easier to exploit online. The current version of their defensive AI cannot handle the improved offensive AI.
Directed specifically at the demo:
The demo isn't really the time to display their match day commentary and squad updates. Especially when it isn't up to date. I don't need to continue to hear about Giroud, and I shouldn't need to spend ten minutes fixing Arsenal's squad every damn time I play the game.
Penalties are fun if you are playing a friend, or if you happen to be playing a tight match against the computer. Seriously though, let me just rematch after a draw.
I should be able to be taken straight back to the team selection screen after the game.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
it's just some bullshit pr. Like fifa and uefa say 'no to racism' but the racist countries barely get fined compared to showing a logo of an unassociated sponsor on your boxers.

-bendtner at the euros

elsk

Banned
it's almost weekend again guys! real football is coming.

Can't wait to see the Javi Martínez-Schweinsteiger midfield.

Heynckes about Martinez:

How is he settling down?

He's doing very well. Javi is outgoing and communicative, a relaxed character and a guy everyone likes straight away. He also speaks relatively good English, and he can speak Spanish to a few of the other players, which makes things a little easier for him. Also he's prepared outstandingly well.

What do you mean by that?

On his arrival, Javi knew everyone's first name – the players, the coaches and even the physios. I guess he did his homework on the internet. I was really surprised and impressed.

Can you get the XMB on an Xperia?

On the topic of mascots, sometimes you see one and it looks like they're having the best time they could ever have, and it reminds you of the good things about football

I have a hell of a book backlog. Just started A Dance With Dragons Pt II, then I have

The Stand
Under The Dome
The Reality Dysfunction
Bioshock (don't judge)
The Honourable Schoolboy

Will probably buy No Country For Old Men as well at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom