• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Manchester-City-v-Aston-Villa-Gabriel-Agbonla_2834484.jpg

Great picture of Villa legends after the win, plus the hunchback of notre dame. :)

Fry

same. colombian league is shit. I just thought you would like serie a and la liga . what is your affinity to bundesliga?

I like all major leagues, but there isn't anything that makes me want to watch them constantly. Although there is a channel (FOX SPORTS) that will be airing Serie A in HD from now on, so I might watch it more often. La Liga has higher quality of football in my opinion, but meh, most of the games that are on TV are from Real or Barca. I'm not gonna go on stream to watch the other teams.

Bundesliga, besides my affinity to Bayern, of course, it's got the german talent that I love to watch, I think it has the highest quality of football in the world, so many young and promising players. And it's pretty competitive; I started following in 2010, since then only Borussia have won the title, but the top 7 has been pretty unpredictable. Just look at Frankfurt, as a recent example. (newly promoted team)

Not to mention that both narrator and commentator that cover the Bundesliga here in Brazil are the best ones in the business. <3

Choc

Banned
So i fired up PES 2013

hmmm

so many problems still exist such as the fact referees still do not card after bad tackles when an advantage is played. THIS RUINS THE GAME.

it means you can hack the shit out of players with no fear unless the foul is called. Its just stupid

dc89

Whoa Roberto, stay classy.

---

Just been browsing the Funny Picture thread and I lost my marbles when I got to this:

303803_347291835363927_1942843204_n.jpg

Hieberrr

How the hell do you play good defence in this game? Everyone else seems to be able to intercept the ball and steal it off me with ease...
LLShC.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welcome back odd!
The whole team looked out of it really, I wont single out Pirlo. We do need to start resting him more though.
Yeah, they played well and we were collectively sucking. I somehow doubt it was a fitness issue, he was rested against Chievo.

I can see the Arsenal game being a high scoring encounter. They are our first real test since Athletico Bilbao and I just hope we don't get embarrassed again.

Are you saying we were a fake test? :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
" Antonio Valencia left Carrington on crutches & with his right foot in a protective boot as the medical team try to assess his injury"

What?!

sohois

So i fired up PES 2013

hmmm

so many problems still exist such as the fact referees still do not card after bad tackles when an advantage is played. THIS RUINS THE GAME.

it means you can hack the shit out of players with no fear unless the foul is called. Its just stupid

I'm pretty certain they do, every PES game going back to 5 I can recall cards being handed out after advantage has been played. I know once or twice you would see the ref 'forget' if the ball didn't go out for ages, but they certainly will card in most situations.

pappe

" Antonio Valencia left Carrington on crutches & with his right foot in a protective boot as the medical team try to assess his injury"

What?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

We are well and truly fucked now!!! Dont think we will finish in the top 4 now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Mail seem to think Gomes or Cudicini will play against Carlisle tonight. That really would be taking the piss out of Lloris. Just loan them to a Championship side already.

sohois

Apparently just turned 16 yr old Jerome Sinclair has travelled with the Liverpool squad for the game against West Brom - he would be comfortably the youngest ever to play for Liverpool if he came on.

Also Enrique is injured again so expect to see the current youngest ever player, Jack Robinson, at Left back.

dc89

GAME are doing a trade any of the two games below in and get FIFA 13 for 99p deal.

- The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
- Dragon’s Dogma (360/PS3)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360/PS3)
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier (360)
- May Payne 3 (360/PS3)
- New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
- Pokemon Black or White (DS)
- Prototype 2 (360/PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360/PS3)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360/PS3)
- Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3)
- The Witcher 2 (360)
- Sniper Elite V2 (360/PS3)

Choc

Banned
I'm pretty certain they do, every PES game going back to 5 I can recall cards being handed out after advantage has been played. I know once or twice you would see the ref 'forget' if the ball didn't go out for ages, but they certainly will card in most situations.

nope i have seriously never ever seen them do it. FIFA does it and does it well

Lightning

Banned
The Mail seem to think Gomes or Cudicini will play against Carlisle tonight. That really would be taking the piss out of Lloris. Just loan them to a Championship side already.
Surely must be stupid guessing on the part of the Mail. Lloris is the only logical choice otherwise AVB is going to really wind him up.

dc89

If anyone can find highlights of the game for me I'll love you unconditionally forever!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2012/September/City-v-Villa-extended-highlights

6 minutes worth. Gah it's painful to watch. No one deals with Agbonlahor for any of his goals really. Barry could have assassinated him, but chose not to. Also it's good to see Villa fans on Twitter completely denying the accusation that City fans sang some sick stuff about Petrov. So, it's made up bollocks, that's good.

faridmon

Welcome back Odd. I was thinking of doing my master in Korea, you better be unbanned when that happens ;)

And who on earth hates Banana? yes, it can be a bad food after your 4th or 5th one, but anyone who hates it irrationally is jts an awful human being, there is no two ways about that.

As much as I hated last night because of our loss, I feel a lot better knowing that Wolves lost in such a fashion, Solbakken out?

and Hulk is awesome and Koln is an awesome city. The only place I went to in German, but the atmosphere was quite good. Too bad I didn't see the shitty football team.
The land of the Bendtner.

The only good thing that country has. yes, that is how you attract visitors. Well done.

GorillaJu

Morsel is back. Hai Morsel. We are only 4 down now.

Mancini reckons he is the dc of the PL - getting bullied.

Not "bullied," but I do think what he says is true, that some managers are just too intimidating to ever step up to. Ferguson is one of those. Mancini doesn't have the reputation or the personality to intimidate managers out of it. Not to mention that the Etihad, in general, is a pretty easy ground to play at.

Lol, just heard Raheem Sterling has impregnated a third woman? Dear. God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom