• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Lol, are we all supposed to bash films we don't like here now. I'm sure there are plenty of threads like that in OT and they all end up to be pretty ugly.

I hate AKIRA.

According to Leggo, an italian newspaper, Ferrero is seriously thinking about buying Milan. The owner, Michele Ferrero, currently is the richest man in Italy (€19 billion, Berlusconi has around €7-9 billion). So this could mean a lot of new players, all hungry for chocolate and various crap. Yes, our new president could be a real life Willy Wonka.

And I'd be happy with that. Well, I'd be happy to see a president that actually cares about Milan. That would be a nice thing.

Some even think speed racer is a good movie, lol

speed-racer-lol-no.gif

Speed Racer is awesome fool.

qindarka

Banned
According to Leggo, an italian newspaper, Ferrero is seriously thinking about buying Milan. The owner, Michele Ferrero, currently is the richest man in Italy (€19 billion, Berlusconi has around €7-9 billion). So this could mean a lot of new players, all hungry for chocolate and various crap.

And I'd be happy with that. Well, I'd be happy to see a president that actually cares about Milan. That would be a nice thing.

Hasn't FFP kicked in by now? The benefactor model wouldn't be as effective anymore. They still have problems with their revenue I believe.

Hindle

Banned
The upcoming Xcom game is awesome guys. Defiantly day one.

United will get beat tonight I reckon, Newcastle are my fans to win the cup.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shatner shat in our mouths with his post.

According to Leggo, an italian newspaper, Ferrero is seriously thinking about buying Milan. The owner, Michele Ferrero, currently is the richest man in Italy (€19 billion, Berlusconi has around €7-9 billion). So this could mean a lot of new players, all hungry for chocolate and various crap. Yes, our new president could be a real life Willy Wonka.

Cassano must be really disappointed with this. He missed out on a lifetime supply of chocolate!

Arsenal, Norwich, TPS (Finland), Brommapojkarna (Sweden) & AC Milan all to win @ 8/1 Medium Stakes

QPR, Liverpool, Aberdeen & Norwich all to win @ 10/1 Medium Stakes

Rangers, Spurs & Napoli all to win @ 13/2 Medium Stakes

Both teams to score bets

Dunfermline V Aberdeen, QPR V Reading & Arsenal V Coventry @ Around 11/2 Medium Stakes

Roma v Sampdoria, Man United v Newcastle & Betis V Athletico Madrid @ Around 5/1 Medium Stakes

All 6 games @ 30/1 Low Stakes

Salazar

United will pump Newcastle. Kyoufu will wander away, stunned, at halftime and not return.

Phelan is talking up how many foetuses we are going to throw out there, though. Could be Lingard, could be Petrucci-who-flames-gently-like-a-newborn-god, probably Powell. Probably Büttner. Maybe Brady and or Wootton.

qindarka

Banned
The Incredibles is the only good Pixar film.

You know, I do like Pixar movies a lot but I have always been annoyed at how highly people speak of them.

OK, this is going too far.

how can someone hate AKIRA?

To keep it short, I found the characters to be terribly unlikable and who couldn't even act consistently. Also thought the story was a load of tripe, especially the last twenty minutes or so. Maybe there is a great message that I didn't get but the movie didn't even make me care enough to find out what it was all about. Anyway, whatever message there was lost amid all the randomness and disjointedness.

faridmon

OK, I'll chip in my opinion while the Iron is hot:

Shutter Island is rubbish and the only good thing about i was Di Caprios acting. The last twist was dumb as hell.

United will pump Newcastle. Kyoufu will wander away, stunned, at halftime and not return.

Phelan is talking up how many foetuses we are going to throw out there, though. Could be Lingard, could be Petrucci-who-flames-gently-like-a-newborn-god, probably Powell. Probably Büttner. Maybe Brady and or Wootton.

Let's hope so.

The Incredibles is the only good Pixar film.

Well it's certainly the best.

D_prOdigy

Bebé's time to shine.

No, seriously. Valencia's injury changes everything.

qindarka

Banned
They're passable for kids films, other than that they are without merit.

Out of interest, do you consider any other kid movies to be of merit?

Maybe they read the manga.

Pixar are okay, but they are no Studio Ghibli.

I love Ghibli but this line of thought has always annoyed me, especially since it generally seems to be peddled by those who aren;t even familiar with Ghibli (correct me and my apologies if I am mistaken in your case).

Pixar are certainly better than Ghibli at the moment. Ghibli has had a rough last ten years or so, making 3 bad movies (The Cat Returns, Earthsea, Ponyo) and their last great movie was Spirited Away in 2001. I like Howl's Moving Castle, Arrietty and Poppy Hill but they all suffer from siginifcant shortcomings.

qindarka

Banned
Twilight is pretty fun to watch.

I've actually grown to respect you more for that thread you made praising Twilight. It seems it has become a fad to hate on Twilight. I myself was one of the haters wh didn;t even read the books or watch the movies until I realized I was being a moron.

They're passable for kids films, other than that they are without merit.

You are far harsher on them than I but I can sympathise. It seems that it isn;t enough that they are acknowledged to made good or even great films. No, their films have to groundbreaking, masterpieces, life-changing, robbed of Best Picture etc.

Kyoufu

I've actually grown to respect you more for that thread you made praising Twilight. It seems it has become a fad to hate on Twilight. I myself was one of the haters wh didn;t even read the books or watch the movies until I realized I was being a moron.

respeck-knuckles.gif

We are officially bros.

Clegg

Whats the opinion on Quantum of Solace?

I thought that was pretty terrible too. But some of the movie buffs here seemed to have loved it.

Just trying something out

Reina​

Johnson Skrtel Coates Robinson

edit: Lame

edit 2: The word 'Bethesda'is preventing me from preordering Dishonoured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom