• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

YOU ARE THE REAL MADRID VAMPIRE OF BUNDESLIGA

DOOOOORTMUND!

idZkuazuJolzC.png

Lightning

Banned
Maybe but I never forgive that dive in the champions league semis, even if Messi ended up missing I don't believe an incident in football has ever pissed me off more.
You hate Fabregas for that? Pathetic. The amount of players that dive is beyond belief and GAF only want to single out Fabregas.

And maybe someone can correct me but I don't recall Fabregas ever throwing himself on the ground after a collision clutching his face play acting while wearing an Arsenal shirt.
did he do the occasional dive? sure. But so did RVP and countless other players.

Cesc's class. Leave off.
This cannot be emphasised enough!!!

Keio

For a Finer World
After a great comeback from 2-0 down to win 2-3, the echo chamber here goes all "lalala cheating" while the reactions in media are more incredible match, super strength of character... But if it makes it more palatable that way for people, please continue to pass the salt.

choodi

Banned
Cesc (to pro-Madrid journalist insisting on red card): "If you want, I can imitate that headbutt with you, you then decide if it's red."

So he is a thug...and being a Spanish footballer there is a high chance that he is racist, so therefore Cesc is a JT!

dc89

I love MoTD punditry. They put Kompany under the spot light for his poor passing today. But Do they mention Rio getting torn a new one by De Foe and Bale? No of course not.

The funny thing is that it seems that Barca fans think the refs are against them in Spain.

At least that's the impression I got last season when Madrid won the title.

Madness.

Clegg

The myopic Barca fans are astounding me.

Clearly cheated to win but don't even have the balls to admit it.

The media will never say Barca cheated to win. They love them too much.

choodi

Banned
After a great comeback from 2-0 down to win 2-3, the echo chamber here goes all "lalala cheating" while the reactions in media are more incredible match, super strength of character... But if it makes it more palatable that way for people, please continue to pass the salt.

Give me a break, there are clearly pro-barca biases in the media. (Pro-madrid too, hence why it amazes me that anyone bothers with La Liga)

Rio Ave 0 - 1 Porto (33' Miguel Lopes)
1finalatzv3.gif

Free kick taken by James

Rio Ave 1 - 1 Porto (78' Tarantini)
11finalxlezb.gif

Rio Ave 2 - 1 Porto (85' Tarantini)
12finalv5d32.gif

Rio Ave 2 - 2 Porto (89' Jacson Martinez)
22finaldjiom.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Also GAF, be my imparcial judge once more, Yay or nay?

faltafinalauc7k.gif

spidye

The myopic Barca fans are astounding me.

Clearly cheated to win but don't even have the balls to admit it.

The media will never say Barca cheated to win. They love them too much.

aren't some premier league fans saying exactly the same thing about ManU
To be clear, I'm not defending Barca

Clegg

I love MoTD punditry. They put Kompany under the spot light for his poor passing today. But Do they mention Rio getting torn a new one by De Foe and Bale? No of course not.

Thats because Rio is 33 and on the decline.

Kompany is the captain of the league champions, supposedly in his prime, and has been playing shite all season.

elsk

Banned
if we are real madrid then isn't dortmund the barca of bundesliga

More like Dortmund being the Real Madrid of Bundesliga and Bayern the Barcelona. Bayern relies on his youth players, Dortmund bought most of their players.
But still, this is better Wolfsburg = Real Madrid.

FootballFan

bro you bring the mix, ill bring the tequila cuz they got dat salt

Margaritas!

LOL I'll be there!

Barca have killed the game I love.

Romantic footballs dead and gone, it's with George Best in the grave.

Hmm you sound exactly like those people that say Chelsea killed football. Unless you are joking, pretty ridiculous.

I wish we could divert the Barca hate onto Man United instead.

Its the same people that celebrate like they won the CL when Barca gets beat by Inter, Chelsea, Madrid etc. Gotten used to it. They can't wait for Barca to lose.

You hate Fabregas for that? Pathetic. The amount of players that dive is beyond belief and GAF only want to single out Fabregas.

And maybe someone can correct me but I don't recall Fabregas ever throwing himself on the ground after a collision clutching his face play acting while wearing an Arsenal shirt.
did he do the occasional dive? sure. But so did RVP and countless other players.

It's because he plays for Barca, had he done the same thing for Arsenal not even half the amount of people would react. They don't hate Cesc they hate Barca, they can say it's the diving and cheating yada yada yada, but they all know the real reason why they hate FC Barcelona. Also he didn't even fall over and roll around..

Clegg

aren't some premier league fans saying exactly the same thing about ManU
To be clear, I'm not defending Barca

Probably.

But thats their problem.

United have been shite all season and were extremely lucky to beat Galatasary etc.

At least most of us are happy to admit that fact. Barca get away with murder and all you hear about is "passion" and "bravery".

They can get fucked with that. It's cheating.

It's because he plays for Barca, had he done the same thing for Arsenal not even half the amount of people would react. They don't hate Cesc they hate Barca, they can say it's the diving and cheating yada yada yada, but they all know the real reason why they hate FC Barcelona. Also he didn't even fall over and roll around..
No offence but this sounds mad arrogant.

I know alot of people who really really disliked Cesc whilst he was in the PL. He's had a few moments where he's done controversial things.

It's obv that alot of people dislike Barca because just as with any other successful team, people don't like winners...but to say that people only dislike him cos he plays for Barca. You're a bit off there.

Tc91

Alan Hansen has just said Demba Ba should of told the ref he scored with his hand and should of ruled out the goal.

Who was that player recently that did that? Was it Huntelaar?

We were complete shite. Cabaye is the most important player in our team, without him we were hopeless going forward

Yep. We're very lucky at this point to have the points total we have. As Pardew said we can't keep relying on our spirit, we need to find a good performance and 3 points soon.

We just haven't got going yet.

Do you genuinely think Ferguson is cracking up after his comments today and that MotD pundits purposefully criticise Manchester City players more than Manchester United players due to a biased agenda?

Meier

Boy, I am a helluva ways back. Just got to page 52 and the number of max pages keeps getting higher! Thanks to LOF, I was able to watch the game up until the end.. best $7 ever I'd say.

I hadn't actually heard Clint Dempsey talk before today I don't think. I of course knew that he was from Texas, but I didn't know he sounded so damn Texan!

choodi

Banned

Because they are a morally and financially corrupt organisation with an undue influencein the way the game is run on a worldwide level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom