• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, I am a helluva ways back. Just got to page 52 and the number of max pages keeps getting higher! Thanks to LOF, I was able to watch the game up until the end.. best $7 ever I'd say.

I hadn't actually heard Clint Dempsey talk before today I don't think. I of course knew that he was from Texas, but I didn't know he sounded so damn Texan!
It's bizarre to hear an American accent, southern particularly, between all the fancy British accents.

Fry

He's shit, anyway lol

ibzeqCJtvoUAS9.png

Clegg

So is Kagawa expected to play the CL match?

I don't see why he wouldn't.

He's been one of our most important players this season, he needs to start every game he's fit for.

But then again, who knows what SAF is thinking? He keeps picking Giggs ffs.

Keio

For a Finer World
Because they are a morally and financially corrupt organisation with an undue influencein the way the game is run on a worldwide level?
Mou really created the footballing equivalent of the Birthers with his UNICEF comments.

K1LLER7

I don't see why he wouldn't.

He's been one of our most important players this season, he needs to start every game he's fit for.

But then again, who knows what SAF is thinking? He keeps picking Giggs ffs.
Yeah, hope we play our strongest team on Tuesday.

Want a 4-3-3. No Giggs. No wingers.

PaulLFC

Ferguson, September 2012: "They gave us four minutes [injury time], that's an insult to the game. It denies you a proper chance to win a football match."

Ferguson, May 2012: [Paraphrased] "All final day matches should finish at the same time."

G-Unit

It saddens me that you genuinely think that.

The amount off leeway Barca get from referees and the media is astounding.

It's the same with United and other big teams and it really needs to stop.

STFU already. We don't pay the media, blame the system, the ref, la liga, whatever you want, but don't blame barca for things. Hell, blame alexis and scumbag alves all you want, they deserve it.

Clegg

STFU already. We don't pay the media, blame the system, the ref, la liga, whatever you want, but don't blame barca for things. Hell, blame alexis and scumbag alves all you want, they deserve it.

Of course I blame Barca.

They're the one's who are cheating.

Guys, I'm rooting for Bayern next weekend!

Every time a team won the first seven matches in a season, BVB won the league. Do it, Bayern :D
Bayern will win it, though

I think in a decade or so we are going to uncover systematic bribing of officials in La Liga. Clearly some very suspect things going on there and certain clubs seem to get an awful lot of decisions in their favour.

It's sad really. An insult to the game.

G-Unit

I think in a decade or so we are going to uncover systematic bribing of officials in La Liga. Clearly some very suspect things going on there and certain clubs seem to get an awful lot of decisions in their favour.

I hope we do. Then we can stop this stupid paranoia

dc89

You serious?

I'm just surprised you would even notice something like that.

FWIW I think Kompany has been surprisingly shaky so far this season.

No I'm not serious. Of course there is no agenda. Fergie was just silly to mention the extra time.

Kompany will find his feet again soon.

FootballFan

Madrid last season you mean? Doubt anything will come out of it. Sure they dived for a lot of penalties, scored offside goals and had the other teams onside goals called off but I don't think there is enough evidence.

Young, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia dive every day all day for Manchester United, lets start calling them cheats who kill the game. Oh no wait, I am older than 14.

Mou really created the footballing equivalent of the Birthers with his UNICEF comments.

Meh take it lightly, probably 90% of the supported teams in this thread have been knocked out and beaten by Barca at one point or another in the recent years. Whether its in a Semi, a Final or League, the rest you can figure out on your own.

You guys can say this sounds arrogant or stupid or whatever you want, but no-one ever reacts like this when Chelsea, M.United, Juve, Milan, Man City, Bayern etc ever "cheat".

Lunchbox

Banned
And you'll still be happy that someone else is to blame, but not barca, even though it is pretty clear that there is bias towards them on every level

after platini's paychecks expire, barca will go through what Juve did

corrupt club in a corrupt league

jtb

Banned
Cesc did a lot of pretty dick-ish things while in the premiership but I really don't remember him as a diver. Same with Mascherano, etc. La Liga is just a much less physical league so they'll draw fouls much more often by going to ground. Barcelona have just managed to do it far more efficiently than any other team (and it doesn't hurt that teams like Mou's Madrid originally had to hack them down to try to beat them anyways); it's not that everyone else doesn't cheat, it's just that Barcelona are so much better at it than everyone.

dc89

The whole "we turned to hope, but she had fled" line from the RE6 trailers is making me want to buy the game. But I'll wait for it to be £20 after Christmas.

Zabojnik

uhmm yes? It's not like Seria A.

I get it, spidye, you don't like Serie A. I'm pretty sure we could lose some points to Fiorentina (already did), Napoli, Lazio (away) and well-organised, bus-parking teams like Sampdoria. It was a legit question.

Is there a team that can realistically stop them? Besides Borussia, I mean.

Not really. Looking at the top 7: Frankfurt and Düsseldorf will drop, maybe an Euro League place for Frankfurt if they are lucky.
Schlake will get a CL spot and, depending on how we play, will play either for second place or get rather lonely at third place. They're more consistent than teams like Hannover or Leverkusen but not good enough for Bayern/BVB.
Hannover, I'm pretty sure will secure a Euro League place, maybe the CL qualifiers if they're lucky or the other teams suck. Leverkusen will be the same.

Edit: And from the other teams, no one will do something. Only Bremen could make it to the CL/Euro League places.

Edit 2: Oh, got it wrong lol You meant winning against them?

Yeah, Bayern can lose but only if they fuck up.

Madrid last season you mean? Doubt anything will come out of it. Sure they dived for a lot of penalties, scored offside goals and had the other teams onside goals called off but I don't think there is enough evidence.

Young, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia dive every day all day for Manchester United, lets start calling them cheats who kill the game. Oh no wait, I am older than 14.

Meh take it lightly, probably 90% of the supported teams in this thread have been knocked out and beaten by Barca at one point or another in the recent years. Whether its in a Semi, a Final or League, the rest you can figure out on your own.

You guys can say this sounds arrogant or stupid or whatever you want, but no-one ever reacts like this when Chelsea, M.United, Juve, Milan, Man City, Bayern etc ever "cheat".
You bit.

1) I was just joking.
2) I didn't even mention Barca.
3) What's it got to do with United? :lol

You do sound arrogant btw. You're absolute insane if you don't think this thread reacts the same way when United get favourable decisions.

Stop being so defensive man.

Zabojnik

Not really. Looking at the top 7: Frankfurt and Düsseldorf will drop, maybe an Euro League place for Frankfurt if they are lucky.
Schlake will get a CL spot and, depending on how we play, will play either for second place or get rather lonely at third place. They're more consistent than teams like Hannover or Leverkusen but not good enough for Bayern/BVB.
Hannover, I'm pretty sure will secure a Euro League place, maybe the CL qualifiers if they're lucky or the other teams suck. Leverkusen will be the same.

Thanks, Milch.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

man u vs liverpool? what about the welbeck dive which chicha failed to convert a PK (but later redeemed himself?

so ya fuck off with that shit about barca if you can't justify the BS calls EPL refs do to clubs in rivalry/normal/top-team matches

edit- just saw your justification of trolling. nevermind my post then

choodi

Banned

Seriously deluded.

Why is it that barca fans standard defence is "but Madrid are worse!"?

No one reacts like this when another team cheats because barca do it so consistently against all other teams that everyone except the barca fans area sick of it.

And no barca didn't beat my team in recent years because my team is shit and doesn't have an unfair financial advantage either through unbalanced television rights, not paying taxes or a rich sugar daddy.

spidye

I get it, spidye, you don't like Serie A. I'm pretty sure we could lose some points to Fiorentina (already did), Napoli, Lazio (away) and well-organised, bus-parking teams like Sampdoria. It was a legit question.

when did I ever say that I don't like Serie A. in fact I like it much, much more than La liga or Premier League.
But Juve is by far the best team in the league and I just don't see anyone else winning the scudetto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom