• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Loving the Barca fighting spirit this season.

Vs Osasuna - Losing 1-0 and scoring 2 goals in the last 13 minutes from Messi to comeback and win.

Vs Spartak - Losing 2-1 and Messi scoring 2 goals in the last 20minutes to win 3-2.

Vs Granada - 0-0 until a strike from Xavi in the 87th minute to win it.

Vs Sevilla - Losing 2-1 then scoring 2 goals in the 89th and 93rd minute to win.

Hopefully we don't have to play the comeback game too many times though lol.

Mad Men question.

Just got to the episode at the start of S5 when Megan throws the surprise party for Don and she refers to him as Dick Wittman. When did she find out about him? Can't remember for the life of me.

scently

This team should be our first team.

536798_Manchester_United.jpg

The front 3 can interchange positions, midfield will have enough cover and should be able to hold possession.

EXACTLY. I just don't know why SAF will not give it a chance. Hopefully we can give it a try in the CL this week, with Fletcher replacing Carrick.

jtb

Banned
Mad Men question.

Just got to the episode at the start of S5 when Megan throws the surprise party for Don and she refers to him as Dick Wittman. When did she find out about him? Can't remember for the life of me.

Implied
he told her after they got married in between the seasons (which obviously contrasts how he didn't tell Betty)

K1LLER7

EXACTLY. I just don't know why SAF will not give it a chance. Hopefully we can give it a try in the CL this week, with Fletcher replacing Carrick.
But we know Giggs will play or else he'll dish out some dirty secret on Fergie. There's no other reason Fergie would play him.

Dibbz

Oh and Diaby is injued again? Totally surprised.

I thought the new trainer he got in was really sorting things out. Maybe it's still a little to early. He's looked off form for a few games now though so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the knock he brought back from the internationals acting up. Wilshire next week then? :( I wish but fuck it, bring out the Coq.

jtb

Banned
I thought the new trainer he got in was really sorting things out. Maybe it's still a little to early. He's looked off form for a few games now though so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the knock he brought back from the internationals acting up. Wilshire next week then? :( I wish but fuck it, bring out the Coq.

Coq in the middle (deputized well against Southampton), Ramsey on the right is what I'd like to see. Along with Giroud up front, but I can't get greedy now...

Clegg

My friends always tell me to watch it but I think the bolded would alienate me. Plus I'm not super into sci fi

MLS TIME

It's not really hard sci-fi.

It's about a time traveller and his friends hijinks through time and space.

Watch the first episode of Season 5 of the rebooted Doctor Who. It introduces a new Doctor, a new companion and carries over very little baggage from the preceding series.

Messi

This Barcelona team man :p. I can't take any more dramatic late wins. I feel bad for sevilla (and bad because of the thiago handball/balltohand, lets call a spade a spade). But my god, it was epic to see Barca come back from 2-0 down. I was saying to my friend that I do not trust anyone at the moment other than Messi to score goals when they are needed. Well I am here to thank Cesc Fabregas and David Villa, heroes. Especially Cesc, welcome back to the goal scoring club.

My heart is still racing, FUCK I loved it.

ps, we need to buy a CB.

Dibbz

Coq in the middle (deputized well against Southampton), Ramsey on the right is what I'd like to see. Along with Giroud up front, but I can't get greedy now...

Yes Giroud needs to start. Gervinho is great as a back up (what else do we have) but Giroud should be starting games.

FootballFan

This Barcelona team man :p. I can't take any more dramatic late wins. I feel bad for sevilla (and bad because of the thiago handball/balltohand, lets call a spade a spade). But my god, it was epic to see Barca come back from 2-0 down. I was saying to my friend that I do not trust anyone at the moment other than Messi to score goals when they are needed. Well I am here to thank Cesc Fabregas and David Villa, heroes. Especially Cesc, welcome back to the goal scoring club.

My heart is still racing, FUCK I loved it.

ps, we need to buy a CB.

Hell yeah Messi !! Don't read the last couple of pages, I got a bit crazy lol.

I loved how after that media talk of Messi and Villa hating eachother, the winning goal came from a one-two between them. Haha.

Yeah as I posted higher on the page, too many comebacks!

edit
Also as I have said countless times, we need a proper CB, not Masch/Song/Busquets but another good CB.

pulga

Banned
New thread title sucks.

And Barca dont need no CB cause they got r... Ehhh nevermind, im too tired for this :lol

ATF487

Any notable games today? I don't really follow the MLS but will still catch the odd game.

right now I'm watching HOUSTON DYNAMO VS. THE MOTHERFUCKIN NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION

Won't be a great game, but in 10 minutes Vancouver vs. Seattle is going to start, and that should be a decent matchup with playoff implications, I think

and Clegg I'll give it a shot if I can find it streaming somewhere

Messi

Hell yeah Messi !! Don't read the last couple of pages, I got a bit crazy lol.

I loved how after that media talk of Messi and Villa hating eachother, the winning goal came from a one-two between them. Haha.

Yeah as I posted higher on the page, too many comebacks!

I read them, didn't feel any anger over it. They are welcome to say what they want. I agree on the handball and the red. But I don't see how the ref not giving the handball is barcas fault. We all know La Liga refs are dog shit.

For the record this is me not getting pissed off over people shit talking Barca.

Edit: Masch is fine as cover, Song on the other hand...

Watched 2nd ep of Being Liverpool - Brendan comes off as impressively confident and self-assured in his beliefs which is fantastic to see in a young manager.

You guys'll have him for a long time, I reckon.

Doesn't Champion's League count?

And I would try other leagues if they were more readily available without paying more. :x

Keep an eye on Liverpool's Luis Suarez. He's our star player, renowned for his impeccable sportsmanship and ruthless efficiency. He'll soon be your favourite player

Suarez.jpg

Add in his good looks, and you can see why he's the biggest superstar in the Premier League.

Of course, if you happen to catch Suso play, you'll be leaving your home, your friends, your family and your significant other in order to stalk him, the beatiful little son of a deity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom