• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his best efforts to "get a Man Utd shirt on him early," David Beckham has admitted that his son, Romeo, is an avid Arsenal fan.

Beckham, a lifelong Man Utd fan, admits that he tried his best to make his kids support his former club, but a meeting with Arsene Wenger made Romeo fall in love (excuse the cheap Shakespeare pun) with the Gunners.

"Two of them (Beckham's sons) are Man Utdd fans and one of them is an Arsenal fan. I don't know how that happened, but my middle son, Romeo, is an Arsenal fan. Actually, I do know how it happened. I took him to an Arsenal game and Arsene Wenger treated him so well, gave him a shirt with his name on the back and his favourite number."

Beckham went on to say "When I found out that my son, Romeo, supports Arsenal, I became disappointed.​

WengerArsene_Smiles.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reporter to former-Roma player Vucinic: "What's' the difference between Roma and Juve?"

Vucinic: "Points." :lol

Dat Tello...

so good

----Yurt when do you guys play Napoli?

Dec 21 2012. And the world ends after we finish them off for good, poetic.

Oct 20, 2012

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Reporter to former-Roma player Vucinic: "What's' the difference between Roma and Juve?"

Vucinic: "Points." :lol

Dec 21 2012. And the world ends after we finish them off for good, poetic.

Oct 20, 2012

I like you but we all hate Chileans...

Napoli is winning papi...

My mistake was finally taking Torres off as my captain.
LLShC.gif

But at least my team is doing decently now, had to use my wild card as it was just a mess before.

My mistake was finally taking Torres off as my captain.
LLShC.gif

But at least my team is doing decently now, had to use my wild card as it was just a mess before.

I reckon I'd be doing great if I hadn't chose Mata over Hazard. Also not sure whether to keep Dyer or not. Laudrup didn't start him last week, and might punish him for that massive fuckup and keep him out of the team. Might make him first choice sub

Anyone have DDG as their keeper?

edit: Ray Parlour and Rob Lee? Lame. Give me a deeper Football First with Gary Neville ffs

Tiote is the new king of lofted backspin throughballs from DM :p

elseanio

I reckon I'd be doing great if I hadn't chose Mata over Hazard. Also not sure whether to keep Dyer or not. Laudrup didn't start him last week, and might punish him for that massive fuckup and keep him out of the team. Might make him first choice sub

Anyone have DDG as their keeper?

edit: Ray Parlour and Rob Lee? Lame. Give me a deeper Football First with Gary Neville ffs

I did, swapped him for Vorm about the 3rd week in

No, because he's not getting a game

He was out of the team as early as matchday 3? Thought it was the 4th game when he was dropped

And this is where Football First becomes shite. Nobody cares about Rob Lee's career :D

Ha,they just showed Suarez's second without cutting to the slo-mo reactions, so you can see the full play from missed one on one, to nicked ball, to nutmeg, to goal without cutting

Woop I've hit top spot in the FF league!

Jelavic pretty much saved my team. Fletcher and Aguero scored but everybody else got 1/2 points.

Salazar

Point: Missed

It could be that Kagawa's position conventionally sets him up in possession close against monstrous centre-halves. Which might exaggerate his smallness, slightness etc.

But he does have to get stronger - he knows it, he's said it, and he'll presumably do it.

dc89

Anyone else notice the new low MoTD has sunk to?
Instead of talking about Halsey's shocking refereeing performance they decided to talk about if City's away kit is nice or not.

It's about time someone gave that show a kick up the arse!

Arnie

Has to be between Kagawa and Oscar, but I'd probably give it to the latter. At least Kagawa knows how to deal with opposition muscle from his time in Germany, Oscar looks to be intimidated out of the game quite easily if physicality comes into play. The guy really needs to bulk a bit.

D_prOdigy

Anyone else notice the new low MoTD has sunk to?
Instead of talking about Halsey's shocking refereeing performance they decided to talk about if City's away kit is nice or not.

It's about time someone gave that show a kick up the arse!

I was under the impression they deliberately didn't talk about referee performance because of the Twitter abuse Mark Halsey received last week and subsequent police involvement.

I was under the impression they deliberately didn't talk about referee performance because of the Twitter abuse Mark Halsey received last week and subsequent police involvement.

Makes no sense either. There isn't enough punishment for incompetent officiating as it is, let alone if the media stop talking about it.

If WBA win today, which I'm sorry to say Villa-GAF is probably a likely result based on form, they go above United and City into 2nd/3rd!

Been a great start for them. I thought Steve Clarke would struggle there. Early days yet but off to a really good start, gotta hand it to him.

Mateu Lahoz, yesterday's Sevilla-Barsa ref, has always stated that he wants to bring the Premeriesque type of refering to La Liga.

So, Fergie is bringing the doom to our championship.

Oh, and fucking Everton, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom