• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Must suck to see Barca losing 4 times this season only to come back and win all 4 times in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah Sanchez is even smaller. Then of course there is the usual guys who are literally nearly 4 inches shorter(Giovinco, Insigne, Piatti etc)

What gets my shit is that dirty chilean JT was tossed against Colombia earlier this month. u mad cuz ths aint ufc brah?

Scholes and Giggs, eh? Legends? Most definitely. But they shouldn't have started.
How about a 4-3-1-2?

GK de Gea

DL Buttner
DC Ferdinand
DC Vidic
DR Rafael

MC Carrick
MC Cleverly
MC Anderson

AMC Kagawa

FC Rooney
ST van Persie

Nani to PSG for £30m.

I'm sorry but we won't beat anyone without a width option. You can't spend your life working it through the centre unless you're Barca and even they (shock, horror!) resort to crossing sometimes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
vlnW8.gif
7mwnk.gif
4TBjP.gif

YERAA.gif

Don't after-dark in there, tho.

this post. so gud

D_prOdigy

I'm sorry but we won't beat anyone without a width option. You can't spend your life working it through the centre unless you're Barca and even they (shock, horror!) resort to crossing sometimes.

Rafeal and Buttner can provide width.

Many of us are curious for a 4-3-3 because of just how shit we've been with a shit Nani/off-form Valencia/Giggs/Young

Hixx

bish is gonna go ham on the stickied threads in OT. Hope you guys didn't post anything dumb in them :p

rofl I went in to that creeper thread and wasn't surprised to see footballgaf's favourite poster taking a prominent role in the discussions

FootballFan

What gets my shit is that dirty chilean JT was tossed against Colombia earlier this month. u mad cuz ths aint ufc brah?

Medel is the same guy that tried to fight Bojan :lol He plays EPL standard of rough tackling in La Liga. Got 16 yellows last season. I believe he tried to fight Messi last season too or the season before.

That doesn't mean Cesc didn't oversell it, he sure did(at least he didn't go down rolling though lol), but if light slaps can be red cards(Drogba vs Vidic in 08 for example) then so should a headbutt no matter how small and weak.

Do you guys know what this feels like? To have death etching ever closer? It's B-day boys. And when the clock strikes 10PM (GMT) I will be but another lamb in the slaughter.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Who? Woodenlung?

edit: Oh you mean Devo. lol

edit 2: Or do you mean Andres. IM CONFUSED!

Devo is like this immortal creature in kid icarus that does u in 1 shot 1 kill.

If am banned I had a good time with you guys. If I am deprived of my people, I am deprived.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Do you guys know what this feels like? To have death etching ever closer? It's B-day boys. And when the clock strikes 10PM (GMT) I will be but another lamb in the slaughter.

We're like Rose and Jack. Rose, wanna get up on dis door?

no compromise I'll freeze but you can be Rose...

Scum

And that's when Buttner and Rafael show up. :D
They're young with bag loads of energy. They can provide the width needed. I personally don't think that highly of Young. Giggs is well and truly showing his age. As for Nani? Like I said earlier. £30m. PSG will take him.

rofl I went in to that creeper thread and wasn't surprised to see footballgaf's favourite poster taking a prominent role in the discussions

Haha I only made a few none offensive jokes in there, so think I'm safe... Except if Bishoptl really hates that picture of Mitt Romney in mom pants.

I know exactly what this feels like. Stay strong mate, may the gods have mercy on your soul.

But what is it exactly that you've said?

And that's when Buttner and Rafael show up. :D
They're young with bag loads of energy. They can provide the width needed. I personally don't think that highly of Young. Giggs is well and truly showing his age. As for Nani? Like I said earlier. £30m. PSG will take him.

But this is how we get countered so easily - the gaping holes behind our full backs where our central midfielders are too slow to react and cover those holes. Look at where the 2 goals came from yesterday.

I know exactly what this feels like. Stay strong mate, may the gods have mercy on your soul.

But what is it exactly that you've said?

"Yoga pants are ridiculous. If I went around wearing those and people could clearly see my dick I wouldn't be surprised or offended if I saw people looking. Be it if they were looking because they thought I was attractive or because my fucking dick is on show to everyone who might fancy a glance."

Of course this will be interpreted as me saying these girls are the problem. Which really isn't what I was saying at all.

I was saying some people will always get looked at because of what they're wearing, be it a girl wearing tight yoga pants, a man wearing a thong, Lady Gaga wearing a meat jacket.

Kyoufu

Can we sack Pardew please.

Or buy some players because for some reason we are incapable of scoring more than 2 or 3 goals in a game against weak opposition.

Also LOL at red card in this game.

Not betting on Championship games again, Meus!

qindarka

Banned

Or buy some players because for some reason we are incapable of scoring more than 2 or 3 goals in a game against weak opposition.

That would be one hell of a payoff considering he just signed an 8 year contract.

Blackstock, what a dirty JT

It was 5/2 odds on for there to be a red card in this game. Someone tipped that earlier, saying it was a "absolute certainty". I ignored him

"Yoga pants are ridiculous. If I went around wearing those and people could clearly see my dick I wouldn't be surprised or offended if I saw people looking. Be it if they were looking because they thought I was attractive or because my fucking dick is on show to everyone who might fancy a glance."

Of course this will be interpreted as me saying these girls are the problem. Which really isn't what I was saying at all.

I was saying some people will always get looked at because of what they're wearing, be it a girl wearing tight yoga pants, a man wearing a thong, Lady Gaga wearing a meat jacket.
I said I wear sunglasses to the beach to eye at beautiful girls

Aww shit I'm done for

GorillaJu

Wilkiller said that if he was wearing uber tight pants that showed up his junk, he'd expect people to notice it and wouldn't be surprised at attention.

Oh.. Behind, as always. Anyway, not a bannable comment.

Wilkiller said that if he was wearing uber tight pants that showed up his junk, he'd expect people to notice it and wouldn't be surprised at attention.

Oh.. Behind, as always. Anyway, not a bannable comment.

But with Bish going making this a public execution, I fully expect to be banned. If the thread was being moderated in the way every other thread was, I wouldn't.

Clegg

But this is how we get countered so easily - the gaping holes behind our full backs where our central midfielders are too slow to react and cover those holes. Look at where the 2 goals came from yesterday.

Thats why a three man midfield would do a lot to repair the damage being caused by our overreliance on two men in midfield.

We could have a midfielder holding back while the other two press forward. We'dalso have greater presence in the middle when defending. Wing play has been a staple of SAF and United for the last 20+ years. But we're killing ourselves with just two men in midfield as we don't have the right personnel too make that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom