• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

A good indication of impending bans is getting quoted a lot with funny gifs and/or comments telling you you dun goofed.

UFSPFl.jpg

dc89

I was under the impression they deliberately didn't talk about referee performance because of the Twitter abuse Mark Halsey received last week and subsequent police involvement.

Well Gabby Logan has took to her Twitter account this morning to defend the reasoning behind not criticising Halsey.

She said saying "he's had a bad week" was enough. She also said the producer decided to cut some content to talk about City's kit instead.

Basically, they didn't mention a spirited City fight back, Halsey's shocking show in giving a penalty for a dive out of the box, ignoring a genuine penalty claim or anything else positive or analytical. But they can talk about City's away kit. The fact they've took to Twitter to defend it shows they know they are in the wrong.

And people wonder why City fans get paranoid. :p

This Forest game is killing me. It's just long ball after long ball from the home team. They have no imagination.

I need more beer than my fridge can hold to really stomach this game after watching Liverpool's style yesterday. It's so boring. I expected better from Derby too with Nigel Clough in charge and with a man advantage.

Well Gabby Logan has took to her Twitter account this morning to defend the reasoning behind not criticising Halsey.

She said saying "he's had a bad week" was enough. She also said the producer decided to cut some content to talk about City's kit instead.

Basically, they didn't mention a spirited City fight back, Halsey's shocking show in giving a penalty for a dive out of the box, ignoring a genuine penalty claim or anything else positive or analytical. But they can talk about City's away kit. The fact they've took to Twitter to defend it shows they know they are in the wrong.

MOTD's been cack for ages dc780. I thought everyone knew this by now. Any show that's still employing 'Lolwro' as a pundit is really cack. They're so terrified of offending anyone or doing anything remotely controversial any more that they simply talk a bit about goals and re-hash old tired clichés. No one really watches MOTD for the analysis any more. Hansen's been cack for years now too, they're all just 'phoning it in' and collecting their cash.

I just turned it off. Awful.

There's a Typhoon outside otherwise I'd have gone out by now. As it is I've got nowt else to do except get mad at being crap at GT5 on PS3. Actually that Typhoon looks more attractive every minute I watch this game.

Edit: Derby have a man advantage and are STILL camped on their 18 metre line! WHYYY?! Keep the ball at least!

dc89

MOTD's been cack for ages dc780. I thought everyone knew this by now. Any show that's still employing 'Lolwro' as a pundit is really cack. They're so terrified of offending anyone or doing anything remotely controversial any more that they simply talk a bit about goals and re-hash old tired clichés. No one really watches MOTD for the analysis any more. Hansen's been cack for years now too, they're all just 'phoning it in' and collecting their cash.

There's a Typhoon outside otherwise I'd have gone out by now. As it is I've got nowt else to do except get mad at being crap at GT5 on PS3. Actually that Typhoon looks more attractive every minute I watch this game.

Good points. Also nice to see someone else play GT5 which reminds me I must really add Sunhi to my PSN list.

Also holy hell at the Bish stickies, scary stuff! I just avoid threads like those as they never end well. Ever.

Arnie

I need more beer than my fridge can hold to really stomach this game after watching Liverpool's style yesterday. It's so boring. I expected better from Derby too with Nigel Clough in charge and with a man advantage.

It's painful. Fairly excited for the midlands derby though, and that's as someone who's generally apathetic about the dull middle of our country.

Just bought these boots. I've got Adidas Nova astros, and I love them, but they're coming apart at the seams and I'm playing 11 a side again this year, so I need something with a little more grip. It's class that they're making artificial grass boots now, too. I only play on artificial grass and when it's wet the astros slip about everywhere, and firm ground studs are still too big and bulky.

Would've preferred it if the infrared colour was plain white, but that's a decent middle ground. As long as they're predominately black I'm ok. White boots are a huge no no, though.

thanks man, will be back soon!

is lenovo really that unknown?

anyway, will go for the asus n76vz now

You bought Lenovo? And it's crashing?! That's odd. I bought my mum a Lenovo netbook and it's been fine for her, then again she's not a 'heavy user' playing games and suchlike so maybe they're crap for that. They're usually reliable though. Asus usually make great stuff though, especially for heavier users. Hope the new one works fine!

Blablurn

You bought Lenovo? And it's crashing?! That's odd. I bought my mum a Lenovo netbook and it's been fine for her, then again she's not a 'heavy user' playing games and suchlike so maybe they're crap for that. They're usually reliable though. Asus usually make great stuff though, especially for heavier users. Hope the new one works fine!

thanks man! i hope the best. of course its annoying that i have to wait till i get my money back. and then... lets do it again! at least i copied my 100GB steam folder on my external. hopefully i can just paste and copy it.

MotD's producer is a massive Man Utd fan. It all fits

It's painful. Fairly excited for the midlands derby though, and that's as someone who's generally apathetic about the dull middle of our country.

Just bought these boots. I've got Adidas Nova astros, and I love them, but they're coming apart at the seams and I'm playing 11 a side again this year, so I need something with a little more grip. It's class that they're making artificial grass boots now, too. I only play on artificial grass and when it's wet the astros slip about everywhere, and firm ground studs are still too big and bulky.

Would've preferred it if the infrared colour was plain white, but that's a decent middle ground. As long as they're predominately black I'm ok. White boots are a huge no no, though.

You're no fun. These are my boots. Replacing them soon though with something else because they're too old.

football-boots-puma-v110-kanji.jpg

Marc is back!!

XI: Guzan, Vlaar, Clark, Ahmadi, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Benteke, Bennett, Lowton

Subs: Given, Bent, N'Zogbia, Westwood, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj

Lukaku starting on the bench for WBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom