• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
20120930-1qbt324dr21kwxxn4qdrmntqcm.jpg

Bwin doubled my stake. If I win this I will go on live cam and do football-gaf's bidding

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know how Inter's penalty stood? Cassano was basically running beside Milito when he took the shot.

@Zabo
Not too worried about our game with Shakhtar, or Europe in general for some reason. Unless Benchner turns world class all of a sudden.

keit4

Banned
Stop supporting Barsa, then.

?¿

I only "support" Barça (i'm not even a fan, only a viewer who enjoys his football) because in a bipolar league, if you don't support one, you support the other (and i won't support that crappy club called Real Madrid).

And fuck Berrnabeu and RM fans. Who said classy? Looks like sing "a segunda, a segunda!" is part of his "señorio".

How have I never heard of Australian possums before. They're adorable

@Bacon, what for? I actually had a civilised mini-conversation with him yesterday :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't know how Inter's penalty stood? Cassano was basically running beside Milito when he took the shot.

The encroachment rule is without question the least consistently applied rule in football. Virtually every penalty you see these days has players in the box before the ball is struck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The encroachment rule is without question the least consistently applied rule in football. Virtually every penalty you see these days has players in the box before the ball is struck.

I know but that one looked ridiculous! He was literally a few inches away from Milito.

?¿

I only "support" Barça (i'm not even a fan, only a viewer who enjoys his football) because in a bipolar league, if you don't support one, you support the other (and i won't support that crappy club called Real Madrid).

And fuck Berrnabeu and RM fans. Who said classy? Looks like sing "a segunda, a segunda!" is part of his "señorio".

Real Madrid fans are classy with those who deserve it. Didn't you see how we clapped Silva when he got subbed?

It's legit to call Real Madrid a crappy club and yet get annoyed for stupid sings. :lol

Maybe you should've stayed in Segunda and then you wouldn't hear those sings.

keit4

Banned
Real Madrid fans are classy with those who deserve it. Didn't you see how we clapped Silva when he got subbed?

It's legit to call Real Madrid a crappy club and yet get annoyed for stupid sings. :lol

Maybe you should've stayed in Segunda and then you wouldn't hear those sings.

Wow, Madrid fans clapped Silva, how classy they are. Now let's show a great lack of respect for the other teams of this adulterated league.

If be worried about celtic and schalke games.

That first time using bwin? Sign up bonus?

Nope.

Celtic have been involved with 12 goals in their last 5 games, whereas Spartak have seen 20+ goals in the same time frame. The other tie has seen both sides being involved in 16 goals in the last 5 games, so I'm hopeful. Feel pretty confident about it actually.

Clegg

One hour until the reckoning.

Tbh I doubt Bish will ban anyone right on the hour. I reckon some poster will have a few hours grace and then get banned to oblivion.

elsk

Banned
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted but one of the Hoffenheim players has been in a coma since Friday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...s-vukcevic-in-coma-after-car-accident?cc=3888

Boris%20Vukcevic%2029092012.jpg

Boris Vukcevic in coma after car accident

Hoffenheim midfielder Boris Vukcevic is in an induced coma in a Heidelberg clinic after receiving "life-threatening" injuries in a road accident Friday.

Boris Vukcevic is reported to have been seriously injured in a car accident Friday.

The 22-year-old's black Mercedes-Benz was involved in a collision with a truck on a main road not far from the club's training ground in Sinsheim.

He was airlifted to a hospital after receiving life-threatening head injuries, according to a statement from the Bundesliga club.

Vukcevic underwent surgery immediately upon arrival at the clinic and is reported to be in a "critical condition" with no prognosis for recovery.

Vukcevic has been a regular in the Hoffenheim side since making his debut in May 2009, playing a total of 78 times, and he also has been capped by Germany's under-21s.

"This news has shaken us," said Hoffenheim's general manager Andreas Muller. "The team, the coach and everybody here are shocked. Our thoughts are with Boris and his family."

Hoffenheim's Bundesliga clash with Augsburg went ahead Saturday afternoon and ended in a scoreless draw.

"This is the most difficult situation the team has ever been in," the club's general manager Andreas Muller said at a press conference before the match. "We would have been able to call the game off, but the team decided unanimously to play. We want our positive energy to be transmitted to the lad. We want to fight for Boris because he is also a fighter."

Their decision to take to the field at the Rhein-Neckar Arena this afternoon was taken after receiving a message from the player's parents.

"After receiving that, the team and the club decided to play," Muller added.

Neither side managed to create any major chances to win the points as thoughts were clearly elsewhere Saturday.

Hoffenheim's players chose not to request a postponement of the game with their team-mate lying in intensive care.
Instead, they emerged for the prematch warm-up with shirts dedicating their efforts to the Croatian midfielder.

Information from Press Association was used in this report.

Hoffenheim-fans-support-for-Boris-Vukcevic_2837017.jpg

Zabojnik

@Zabo
Not too worried about our game with Shakhtar, or Europe in general for some reason. Unless Benchner turns world class all of a sudden.

I recently saw two Shakhtar matches (I'm crazy like that) and let me tell you: they have a really, really, really solid team and play quality football. Srna, Ilsinho, Douglas Costa and Mkhitaryan are class. I worry because it's going to be our third high-pressure game in 7 days.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted but one of the Hoffenheim players has been in a coma since Friday.

Terrible, hope he pulls through.
It's been posted before, I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's one way to end the taboo of San Siro. Send the right referee to help out.

A penalty and a red, Alright, it's fine. But don't rough up Jojo you fuckers!

dc89

Back from playing 5 a side. It started raining at 30 minutes and then just got worse until it was pretty much a blanket of water!

A hot shower soon puts it right! Ok, now time to get comfy and await judgement day.

Grabspopcorn.jpg

What's been the worst officiating decision of the season? Not the worst decision with significant ramifications, just the most unbelievable display of 'how the fuck did he come to that decision' display of incompetence. It could be an unseen foul, a rewarded dive, a bad advantage, even a wrong throw-on. Include videos/screens if you can

I'll start us off with a list

- Suarez non-penalty against Norwich

suarezgif.gif

- Anichebe header goes over the line against Newcastle, not seen

iqTIuJG5qMdQY.gif

- Ben Arfa runs through for a one-on-one after hurdling an attempted tackle, referee brings play back for foul against Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom