• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a guy once, and the first words of greeting out his mouth were...racially insensitive, to put it mildly. Definitely not the sort of thing I'd let slide without comment. So I commented, we started a dialogue and found out that sometimes differing backgrounds can result in things being said that aren't necessarily what is meant.

We've now been friends for nearly 18 years.

Point being is that without sometimes taking a chance to talk with somebody about their dumbass views, they won't necessarily realize it and have the opportunity to change things up a bit. This feels like one of this crossroads, and I'm going to go left instead of right.

* Was the OP madly rowing towards the 30,000 ft drop in Fucktard Falls? Yup.
* Was it motivated by out-and-out racism, as opposed to ignorance? Eh, doesn't feel like it.
* Is there a really good opportunity to have a discussion about Egyptian anthropology here? Yup?
* Can this thread be saved? I believe so.

So congratulations. Everybody skates. Let's get back to talking about what I think the real intent was here, despite horrible mismanagement. Discussions about racial makeup in that part of the world, how ancient Egypt is normally presented in mainstream media, etc.

I'm taking a chance here and will probably kick myself if it doesn't go well...but I'll do it anyways. Prove me right, for once. Please.

That other thread, though? Some long-ass vacations coming up. Gon' get this work.

Carry on.

FROM BISH OH SHIT

Zenit is 4 points away from first place...

Trust me, the team is imploding. They started 4-0 but have been horrible ever since. Our best player got sent to the reserves for acting like a JT and we have never ending injury problems.

The only redeeming factor is that Spartak is having an equally shitty season.

Not to backseat mod but I'm amazed that guy who created the Egyptian thread survived after seeing other bans

Lucky boy

I wonder how many people are refreshing the creepshot thread

Garjon

Not to backseat mod but I'm amazed that guy who created the Egyptian thread survived after seeing other bans

Lucky boy

I wonder how many people are refreshing the creepshot thread
Benefit of the doubt. I think the guy was legitimately interested in having a discussion, despite the way he went about it.
The other thread though has some really inexcusable posts though. I do hope Bish is fair however; everyone should be entitled to an opinion and as long as they explain their position and their reasoning and they show they are willing to amend their position if or when other users correct them, then what's the problem? I'd rather that than a mass banning of anyone with a 'creepy' PoV like everyone has to adhere to a subjective and arbitrary moral code.

I'm going for the odds I mentioned earlier because I dont feel comfortable with the rest of the ties. So we'll be looking for x8 the return. I will contact you all by tomorrow afternoon

Spanish Wrath, are you sure you want to do two different bets? i was really hoping to work with even figures here lol

Sunhi at it again

bishlawn09u1t.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Benefit of the doubt. I think the guy was legitimately interested in having a discussion, despite the way he went about it.
The other thread though has some really inexcusable posts though. I do hope Bish is fair however; everyone should be entitled to an opinion and as long as they explain their position and their reasoning and they show they are willing to amend their position if or when other users correct them, then what's the problem? I'd rather that than a mass banning of anyone with a 'creepy' PoV like everyone has to adhere to a subjective and arbitrary moral code.

Well there goes our Wooden. :(

Wooden, quick, change your avatar to someone legal across all states!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Espanyol are just crap too.

When two craps collide, you get one big ol' crap.

They have a solid squad but no one to finish off the chances without El Tigre.

He is hurt? I hope they are just taking precautions on him for the transfer in January. We have 1 last world cup qualifier next month so I hope he is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom