• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Something about injuries?

image.php

lol

did the
U.S. lose?

I lost interest because I didn't know what the fuck was going on and how they counted the points and shit. I usually only watch majors anyway

3Sixty

Damn sports betting is catching on in this thread. It's a dark road guys, I bet every day. Not by choice but I need too.

Zabojnik

Yurt. You're at home. You went undefeated in Serie A last season. So far you're undefeated this season. You drew with Chelsea at SB. You don't think you'll win or score some goals against Shakhtar at home? Come on son. :p

5 CL finals lost. We are cursed in Europe.

Not joining in on any group bets, the fun part is betting yourself.

Eh, it depends on the person. I'm too lazy / busy to bet myself, but I wouldn't mind joining the betting group. Had a really nice partnership of the same kind with a friend a few years back. It was fun. :)

Yeah like I said, Championship teams can suck it.

Only betting on obvious ones. Like, a Barcelona game is going to have at least 3 goals total. Same with Real and Man United.

As far as I'm concerned, the players at Forest should each put £85 into my bank account. Bastards :p

Messi

Guys, I have not been to the cinema in a while and I have a week off starting tomorrow so I wanna kick it off with a 3 movie day. So help me pick 3 from this list. Sadly, its seems as though there are no Olivia Wilde movie films out for me to enjoy.

Looper
Resident Evil 5 (Note, I have seen none of these movies)
Untouchable
The Campaign
Killing them Softly
House at the end of the street
Paranorman (2d or 3d)
Dredd 3d
Lawless
Savages
Total Recall

I am leaning towards:

Looper
Savages
The Campaign

Arnie

Looper has to be one of the three. Personally I really want to watch Killing Them Softly, so I'd add that too. Both are quite grim, perhaps separate them with The Campaign. Film looks a bit pants but Will Ferrel's naturally hilarious.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If Russia manages to beat Portugal next week I might sport this as avatar in honour.

http://i.imgur.com/Ahy14.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I got fucking crushed in FIFA by this guy using Portugal. The are fucking so overpowered. Fucking Quaresma as good as Messi, smh ea

Probably a portuguese fan on that fucking dev team.

I had colombia who is 4.5 stars and for some fucking reason all our dudes are nerfed. Falcao is only 89 for god's sake

goddamn I'm still salty about that and it was friday night, lol

Messi

Looper has to be one of the three. Personally I really want to watch Killing Them Softly, so I'd add that too. Both are quite grim, perhaps separate them with The Campaign. Film looks a bit pants but Will Ferrel's naturally hilarious.

I love Zack Gal. Looper is going to be one of them.

Based off internet and others impressions: Looper Dredd 3D Lawless

Kinda feels a bit heavy to me.

I kinda love Riggins. But I feel like Savages will be dodgy.

Mumei

She's a girl @ OT who can say whatever she wants and usually people who argue with her get banned.

I don't even feel safe posting that.

iHJb975MCedFj.gif

But seriously, you're acting silly and paranoid. Devolution was banned for a month herself not more than a few months ago, and it could always happen again. She just happens to choose to argue with people who she thinks are saying dumb things, and people saying dumb things are more likely to be banned than not.

She's really more like that cat that would predict people's deaths in that hospital, which looks suspiciously like one of the cats on her avatar. Except instead of laying on your side and waiting for your doom, she starts arguing with you.

I never comment on what Devo says. Not worth it. I was creepin that thread for a bit when it started tho :p

Mumei will protect us from Bish. <3 Mumei

Let's be honest: I'm just as likely to ban you as any other mod.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hmm never heard of that cat before. It probably enjoyed the death of the person.

I know cats. They are evil

I'm allergic :(

FootballFan

She's really more like that cat that would predict people's deaths in that hospital, which looks suspiciously like one of the cats on her avatar. Except instead of laying on your side and waiting for your doom, she starts arguing with you.

What the hell. That cat is a demon. :lol That is pretty weird. The picture is great too, it just is sitting there.

Mumei

aah, seems like im not the only one who was thinking about it :D i always thought i just missed his introduction time.

I started posting in OT2!

And I don't remember if I explained, but I actually was interested a long time ago, when I was around 14 or 15, in getting into watching the sport (and actually read a couple books about the sport in general and about Pele in particular because he was the only player I'd heard of, though I forgot it all in the intervening 9 or 10 years). I did not really pursue it beyond that because I don't really think it was possible to watch back then. I actually did start reading the threads off-and-on around the time of the whole cunt issue ("A certain mod", guys, really? Even the dumbest poster on GAF would know and I'm not the dumbest poster on GAF!), and I found you guys rather endearing. And then I posted and you guys were a lot friendlier than I had honestly expected and ... one thing led to another and I gave it a try.

Right now I mostly just watch EPL and CL, and sometimes I get the chance to see a La Liga match, though not as often as I would like.

Kyoufu

iHJb975MCedFj.gif

But seriously, you're acting silly and paranoid. Devolution was banned for a month herself not more than a few months ago, and it could always happen again. She just happens to choose to argue with people who she thinks are saying dumb things, and people saying dumb things are more likely to be banned than not.

This is a beautiful post.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Footy Gaf is pretty nice.

The other major sports can get kind of hostile because of all the Americans and Canadians. I only post on gameday in the NFL thread.

NBA and MLB though,

elsk

Banned
So I just started a new career mode in FIFA 13 with SSV Jahn Regensburg in the 2.Bundesliga. Fuck. Never in my life I've been having so shitty results in career mode, the rest of the teams are destroying me. Aalen raped us 5-1.

Any good signing recommendation? My budget is 500k :(
(I think I'm getting sacked if I lose the next match)

And I don't remember if I explained, but I actually was interested a long time ago, when I was around 14 or 15, in getting into watching the sport (and actually read a couple books about the sport in general and about Pele in particular because he was the only player I'd heard of, though I forgot it all in the intervening 9 or 10 years). I did not really pursue it beyond that because I don't really think it was possible to watch back then. I actually did start reading the threads off-and-on around the time of the whole cunt issue ("A certain mod", guys, really? Even the dumbest poster on GAF would know and I'm not the dumbest poster on GAF!), and I found you guys rather endearing. And then I posted and you guys were a lot friendlier than I had honestly expected and ... one thing led to another and I gave it a try.

Right now I mostly just watch EPL and CL, and sometimes I get the chance to see a La Liga match, though not as often as I would like.

Which is awesome! It's been really impressive how much you've made the effort to get into in in such a short space of time. However, you just said the naughty word so I'm going to have to ban you.

:p

So I just started a new career mode in FIFA 13 with SSV Jahn Regensburg in the 2.Bundesliga. Fuck. Never in my life I've been having so shitty results in career mode, the rest of the teams are destroying me. Aalen raped us 5-1.

I tend to just rely on scouts for lower league teams.

Saved up 5000 coins in UT, immediately got Kagawa.

K1LLER7

Try Nathan Redmond from Birmingham. Not sure how much he'll cost.

He was good in FIFA 12.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fuck buying a manager that runs a 4-3-3. I'm stuck in a 4-4-2 right now and it's pissing me off. It's always wenger and he's like usually over 5000 coin.

Off the top of your head do any of yall know how much Falcao costs?

I got David Ospina as keeper and he was cheap only like 500 coins :)

3Sixty

My bet for tomorrow

Haka v Helsinki |HJK Helsinki| @ 1/2
Auxerre v AC Arles-Avignon |AJ Auxerre| @ 4/5
MSV Duisburg v Hertha Berlin |Hertha BSC| @ 19/20
Drogheda United v Shelbourne FC |Drogheda United| @ 8/11
Cesena v Varese |Varese| @ 29/20
IFK Göteborg v BK Häcken |BK Häcken| @ 29/20

Helsinki is a simple case of top vs bottom, they have come in for me a bunch so far
Auxerre are unbeaten at home
Hertha are decent, Duisburg are dead bottom with 1 from 7
Drogheda are good at home, beaten Shelbourne on last 2 occasions
Varese have won there last 3 aways Cesena are shit
Hacken is a tough one have won last 5 aways, but Goteborg seem very good at home, but hacken have come in for me alot too.

Messi

getlaid.gif

Dawwww

GorillaJu

iHJb975MCedFj.gif

I've been enjoying your participation. It's good to have mods amongst the members as it keeps people honest and there'll be less mystery and frustration if a member gets banned. I moderated a forum on men's clothing (maybe one fifth the size of NeoGaf OT, which is still pretty large) and I understand its a thankless job that can provide a lot of frustration.

That said, surely none of the mods are surprised when people are annoyed by Devolution? Her propensity for inciting public shaming is what bothers me, and she almost always gets her target banned. She even got one of our most beloved members here banned for cheering (in this thread) when she got her ban. :lol She really is like that cat. When she shows up in a thread, run for the fucking hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom