• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I moderated a forum on men's clothing.

F9nTL.gif

rodvik

What's been the worst officiating decision of the season? Not the worst decision with significant ramifications, just the most unbelievable display of 'how the fuck did he come to that decision' display of incompetence. It could be an unseen foul, a rewarded dive, a bad advantage, even a wrong throw-on. Include videos/screens if you can

I'll start us off with a list

- Suarez non-penalty against Norwich

- Anichebe header goes over the line against Newcastle, not seen

- Ben Arfa runs through for a one-on-one after hurdling an attempted tackle, referee brings play back for foul against Everton

-The Wigan red card (that was harsh)
-Ba's handball goal
-UEFAelona's latest (I actually havent seen it but I am happy to pile on for old times sake :)

Messi

I am watching Being Liverpool. I am quite enjoying it, its all very positive. Three things that bothered me. In the first episode does Stevie G really call his daughter Lour Des, as opposed to Lourdes? it made me lol. Also maybe its hindsight but something feels off about them speaking about Carroll. Thirdly, Rodgers does not seem like an egotistical man to me, but why the hell does he have a giant canvas of his face/upper body in his home?

I liked Charlie Adam saying Football without missing a beat when the Red Sox player said soccer. I liked seeing Suarez, Lucas and Coates at home. I liked Sterling getting told off. Not often you get to see that stuff.

I hope it shows a bit of the start of the season but I think its going to end at the first game of the season.

I'd kill for something like this at Barca, especially with Tito taking over.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol the dude did actually headbutt cesc and of course cesc sold it but the same guy that did it is a chilean that got sent off in a similiar fashion in South American Qualifying a couple weeks ago. Dude is just a hot head so they fuck with him.

I mean c'mon son you don't think the coaches are telling the players to get you all worked up?

Messi said:
but why the hell does he have a giant canvas of his face/upper body in his home?

lol for real? I just watched 15 minutes of the 1st episode I need to power thru them but my dvr is so fucking backed up and now with Feefs I got no time.

I get Barca tv now on BeIn sport and it is amazing.

FootballFan

-The Wigan red card (that was harsh)
-Ba's handball goal
-UEFAelona's latest (I actually havent seen it but I am happy to pile on for old times sake :)

Heyyyy you said you will cheer for Barca now that Madrid are champs. Stick to your words. :p

The Barca thing was overblown lol. Just the usual Barca hate coming out as always, Cesc doesn't even fall over and roll like Pepe, Busquets and Drogba, just turns around and holds his face. All of a sudden: uefalona, unicef, barca killing football, la liga refs are paid, I am never watching la liga again etc :lol.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I got smashed during the game and then I wake up to read gaf talking shit about Barca for no reason. I mean I know Barca has massive JTs but for once it wasnt deserved!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Meet Tim Tebow:

iOk4qnul8grSM.gif

Thought some of yall might enjoy that!

Boys playing the bears manana? I checked the schedule earlier you guys have to come to the dome to play us. Do you have a running game?

Our run D looked like song and masch today :(

rodvik

Heyyyy you said you will cheer for Barca now that Madrid are champs. Stick to your words. :p

The Barca thing was overblown lol. Just the usual Barca hate coming out as always, Cesc doesn't even fall over and roll like Pepe, Busquets and Drogba, just turns around and holds his face. All of a sudden: uefalona, unicef, barca killing football, la liga refs are paid, I am never watching la liga again etc :lol.

Dammit your right, ok ok I take it back. Besides I really havent seen it:) happy for David Villa actually.

Mumei

I replied to a Devo post. Wish me luck footy-gaf.

You're fine.

That said, surely none of the mods are surprised when people are annoyed by Devolution? Her propensity for inciting public shaming is what bothers me, and she almost always gets her target banned. She even got one of our most beloved members here banned for cheering (in this thread) when she got her ban. :lol She really is like that cat. When she shows up in a thread, run for the fucking hills.

No, no one is surprised that Devolution annoys people. Not even Devolution is surprised that she annoys some people, really.

But who got banned?

FootballFan

You're fine.

No, no one is surprised that Devolution annoys people. Not even Devolution is surprised that she annoys some people, really.

But who got banned?

Jeff Albertson got banned for a month I think, for cheering in this thread that Devo got banned lol. Happened a while ago now.

#DamnFreeJeff

Did you get FIFA on 360 yet?

I would like to avenge our elimination at Anfield from a few years ago :)

valdes flashback noooooooooo!

After Dark

To get FIFA on 360, I'd have to get a 360. To get a 360, I'd have to be battered around the cranium with a rebar. May get it on PS3 though.

We absolutely battered you at Anfield, and still lost 1-0. Like most games last season. I miss being in the Champions' League :(

Anyone got any experience of these GAME deals where you trade 2 games in and get a new game for 99p? How does it work for online preorders, it mentions it on their website but makes no attempt to explain it

edit: Christ, these Kompany 'high'lights. Carries on like this, and he'll be out of the team if Nastasic plays well when he gets his chances. Actually, probably not since he's captain

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If I was one of those patients and that cat came to my room I'd kill it with a knife.

You're coming with me!

The_Hitcher89 said:
To get FIFA on 360, I'd have to get a 360. To get a 360, I'd have to be battered around the cranium with a rebar. May get it on PS3 though.

We absolutely battered you at Anfield, and still lost 1-0. Like most games last season. I miss being in the Champions' League :(

Anyone got any experience of these GAME deals where you trade 2 games in and get a new game for 99p? How does it work for online preorders, it mentions it on their website but makes no attempt to explain it

lol I know that is why I asked you and specifically on 360. Arent you one of those PES guys still holding on? I liked the demo but DAT FIFA

---Those were dark days before Lio grew into his body

rodvik

If I was one of those patients and that cat came to my room I'd kill it with a knife.

You're coming with me!

The cat would wait until you slept, then silently and gently, oh so gently, block your life support tubes. As you wake with a start you just see its eyes, watching you from the end of the bed.

To weak to move now, you know its secret at last, and like all forbidden knowledge, you must take it to the grave.

You're coming with me!

lol I know that is why I asked you and specifically on 360. Arent you one of those PES guys still holding on? I liked the demo but DAT FIFA

---Those were dark days before Lio grew into his body

Yeah, I still play PES6, but I want a football game I can play online against people I interact with outside the game.

How are Turtle Beach headsets, if anyone has a pair?

You're fine.

But who got banned?

I think he's getting me mixed up with Jeff, I got banned for cheering her ban in this thread a few months back!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The cat would wait until you slept, then silently and gently, oh so gently, block your life support tubes. As you wake with a start you just see its eyes, watching you from the end of the bed.

To weak to move now, you know its secret at last, and like all forbidden knowledge, you must take it to the grave.

Damn dude you're going to give me a nightmare tonight STOP

lol

FootballFan

Liverpool fans seem to hate Barca the least, and I think it has to with Liverpool not being in the CL in quite a while and the fact that they eliminated us last time we played lol. Those were good games, the Bellamy Golf Swing celebration is scarred in my head(That was the first leg I think, unless I am mixing up games)

Also as for FIFA talk, my ps3 keeps freezing in career mode every single time I press start match. I picked West Ham and I am playing against Aston Villa if that makes a difference lol. It froze 4 times in a row right when I pressed start match, then I gave up.

Promise? I demand immunity dammit.

If I could make gifs, I'd put Bish's head on Murtaugh in the bit where the South African dude says 'diplomatic immunity' and gets shot in the head

Genius ¬¬

@FF, it was Deco, Bellamy and Riise at Camp Nou, Ronaldinho at Anfield. Absolutely nail-biting last 20 minutes, we just couldn't put the ball in the net and left ourselves in a position where another goal for you would have knocked us out

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What's that purring noise coming from behind you Andres?

lol

If I go to a house and there's like more than 3 cats I start to feel like shit. I sneeze like a bitch it's like I have the flu :(

Then it sticks to my clothes and I have to change or I'll keep feeling the effects

FootballFan

STOP IT
Q6l98.gif

Sloosha

I have no idea who Devo is, but I feel I've just wrought some terrible misfortune upon myself just from invoking the name.

Messi

Someone tell me, without spoiling Season 6 of Dexter. Should I be concerned that the Season 7 GAF thread title is a spoiler. SEASON 1-5 SPOILERS IN HERE
I loved Doakes, I love the SUPRISE MOTHERFUCKER quote. I...want him back even though he seemingly died. I don't know if that title is a spoiler or if I am sad or happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom