• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
pic1.jpg

Still the one

Turok_TTZ

I don't know how you know this but that is pretty big if true. Falcao would probably end up at Madrid as a replacement. Sheeeee-it.

As I stated earlier, I know a guy who happens to personally know Benzema's Agent, Karim Dzajiri. I only say what my friend has been told by this agent. honestly, I am praying that this is all bs but my friend hasn't been wrong before. Arsenal perhaps would have the strongest chance but only if wenger is able to meet the fee and most importantly, be able to match benz's wages that he has in madrid but I see this not happening.

In any case Juventus and PSG are showing the strongest interest. PSG the most. I'm told Chelsea could be in it but its unlikely. Florentino perez will not stand in his way, as long as Flo receives a 40 million offer, mourinho will be powerless to stop the transfer.

I'm really depressed by the situation. :\ First Sahin, then Cazorla, now Benz. fml.

edit: forgot to mention this but apparently PSG's summer offer still stands. If I could place my bets on where Benz is going, its PSG.

GorillaJu

Liverpool fans seem to hate Barca the least, and I think it has to with Liverpool not being in the CL in quite a while and the fact that they eliminated us last time we played lol. Those were good games, the Bellamy Golf Swing celebration is scarred in my head(That was the first leg I think, unless I am mixing up games)

Also as for FIFA talk, my ps3 keeps freezing in career mode every single time I press start match. I picked West Ham and I am playing against Aston Villa if that makes a difference lol. It froze 4 times in a row right when I pressed start match, then I gave up.

A lot of Liverpool fans liken themselves, in spirit, to the Catalunyan separatist mentality. Before you laugh I know the struggle is nothing alike, but the "we're Scouse, not English" line of thinking is where that comes from. Also after several years of having Benitez in charge and bringing in a handful of young players and staff from la Masia (including our number one goalkeeper) as well as Torres and Alonso, people feel like Liverpool was England's Spanish face in the PL. It's been going on since long before Liverpool lost their place as CL regulars.

Anyway as a Liverpool fan and admirer of Barcelona, I still can't defend Cesc's play acting . It was some of the worst I've seen.

Mumei

This game is not going too well for United. Nope, nope. Unfortunately I can't find the Liverpool game I recorded... I think it might have gotten deleted. I'll have to record it again.

How were the other games today?

GorillaJu

Just went through the creepshot thread and disappointed the OP wasn't banned for disingenuously saying "look at these, they're horrible!" and then posting a bunch of the pictures. Seemed to me the creepiest of the bunch. Also, the idea that people by law shouldn't be able to photograph another person without is laughable. Good bye to one of the oldest and most insightful surviving forms of art if that happens. Henri Cartier Bresson? You fucking creep. :lol

This game is not going too well for United. Nope, nope. Unfortunately I can't find the Liverpool game I recorded... I think it might have gotten deleted. I'll have to record it again.

Southampton vs Everton is a looker for sure. Liverpool vs Norwich was a masterclass in passing and skill, IMO, but it was one-sided from start to finish. Not much excitement if you're looking for a thrilling battle.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

The united game is really tense at the end. The only other epl game today was Villa - West Brom.

lol liga I didnt watch at all since Madrid was cheating against keit4's team

I thought the chelsea - arse game from yesterday was gud

GorillaJu

A bunch of people in fantasy bought Sahin right when he signed for Liverpool at 7.0m, then dropped him when he didn't play, so he's down to 6.7 now. A goal and assist in his first 90' in the league, and two goals in the league cup last week make him tempting at 6.7. Would have to drop Pienaar or Cazorla. Cazorla stock is falling IMO and I may do the switch. Excellent player but not finding himself with a lot of points.

rodvik

The United Spurs game was the best of the weekend. Only game played today was Villa/WBA. I enjoyed it but I am a Villa fan, not sure it would be that interesting for a neutral.

If you have the Stoke/Swansea game I recommend it. Two very different styles going at each other. Great entertainment.

GorillaJu

If I was world leader, I'd make it a crime to be as good-looking as Sawyer

Suarez and Shawcross save the day. 18 points without them, 64 with

Lol Christ you lucky JT. I got 69 this week. No Suarez but I might drop RVP for him. With Rooney back he'll be on pens and free kicks and may cannibalize RVPs points. Suarez on the other hand is coming up on some easy home fixtures, and has more shots, more shots on target, more touches and receives more passes in the final third than any striker in the league.

Mumei

First half was a disgrace.

Second half, Spurs couldn't get a kick. And it's not like they were defending wonderfully either - we should have buried them in goals.

The first 10 - 15 of the second half is very exciting. Goals and near-misses everywhere.

Messi

FUCK :(

Cereal in my bed EVERYWHERE. FUCK. How am I going to sleep in this? its 6am :/ I don't wanna go changing sheets.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Whaaaaa? 4-2-3-1 is a fairly attacking formation dude. How is it anti-football?

lol isnt that what mou uses? Im just hating.

I just love 4-3-3. I had a 3-4-3 before but im so reckless I was getting unicef'd on the counter.

I refuse to spend real money on wenger and I hate his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom