• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
... what?

Click on your timeline and then in the top right the years your account has existed are listed. When you click on each of those years a box on your TL appears which has all posts AND private messages sent to you in that year. Other people can see all of those depending on what your settings are.

You can hide that box by hovering over the pencil icon and selecting hide.

Kyoufu

Click on your timeline and then in the top right the years your account has existed are listed. When you click on each of those years a box on your TL appears which has all posts AND private messages sent to you in that year. Other people can see all of those depending on what your settings are.

I don't see PMs appearing on my TL.

dc89

I don't see PMs appearing on my TL.

WHAT IN THE FUCK. I think I have the correct privacy settings already to stop this from happening but for example I just searched for my dad and brother and then when I click the 'Activity Log' button next to my timeline it bloody says I searched for their names!! I've set it so only I can see but this is the reason I really hate Facebook.

The guys who make these decisions there are just freaks who want to know everything about you.

Slizz

I bet Viva has been trolled (or is trolling us)

Nah it's legit. I did it last week.

Click each year and there is a little box on the right that says "People who posted on So and So's timeline"

In that it has private messages and wall posts.

EDIT:
timeline-messages-640x480_620x350.jpg

Meier

WHAT IN THE FUCK. I think I have the correct privacy settings already to stop this from happening but for example I just searched for my dad and brother and then when I click the 'Activity Log' button next to my timeline it bloody says I searched for their names!! I've set it so only I can see but this is the reason I really hate Facebook.

The guys who make these decisions there are just freaks who want to know everything about you.

Yeah, they just started tracking all of the profiles you look at on your Activity Log.. read about it last week. It's only in beta now, but it will be rolling out to everyone soon. Pretty uncool.

sohois

I don't know about this fb changes, went to my profile settings and set everything as private as I could just in case. Checking my timeline and none of the private messages I have made showed up, so perhaps that did the trick.

Anyways, just saw Looper after seeing several gaffers recommending it, 'twas a very good film. Particularly enjoyed the future representation of Shanghai, which even went so far as to include product placement for Chinese brands on some of the buildings (which I assume was product placement specifically targeted for the Chinese version).

Also Bruce Willis at the 'club' - awesome. Some time travel inconsistencies but it's to be expected, and as Bruce Willis' character said in another good moment, it's pointless to even discuss. Good cal whomsoever recommended this film.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
James is only 82 in fifa. wtf is wrong with those guys? I hope they update the game because they got Falcao at 89 lol

-he's gonna cost a lot more than 30 million €

Damn psg - porto gonna be good

It says "only you can see your activity log"

Are you guys trolling? I'm gonna need photographic evidence here.
It's not a troll. Just googled it and Facebook have even made a statement about it in the last week.

They're saying that no private messages were made public but I know for sure that isn't the case with my account. Some private chat logs of mine were public.

If you're not affected that's good news for you but I know of at least a dozen cases amongst my friends where private messages were made public today.

Kyoufu

It's not a troll. Just googled it and Facebook have even made a statement about it in the last week.

They're saying that no private messages were made public but I know for sure that isn't the case with my account. Some private chat logs of mine were public.

If you're not affected that's good news for you but I know of at least a dozen cases amongst my friends where private messages were made public today.

Google says Facebook denied it. It's fake etc they said.

Any damage control on part of your mates?

fuenf

It's not a fake.

I'm 100% sure about it.

I like the explanation from The Verge best:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/24/3384058/facebook-public-messages-privacy-scare

The Verge said:
After all, a lot has changed since 2008 — for one, people mostly post links to each others' walls. Back then, people spent a few minutes composing wall posts to each other, and thus appear a lot more "private." Also, once wall posts were published, nobody had the ability to like or comment on them, so they inevitably look like messages when looking back through Timeline. Additionally, Facebook's private messaging product was in its early stages, and didn't exist on mobile.

So, should I be deleting Facebook right now?
I deactivated mine cos I don't use it much anyway.

Generally the moves they're making I don't feel comfortable with. On some posts it shows you who has viewed it and also as dc said, soon you'll be able to see what pages people are visiting.

Twitter is far better for me.

I deactivated mine cos I don't use it much anyway.

Generally the moves they're making I don't feel comfortable with. On some posts it shows you who has viewed it and also as dc said, soon you'll be able to see what pages people are visiting.

Twitter is far better for me.

I was just reading that only you can see your activity log. But I'm still not sure I like where they are heading. Because Zuckerberg got bullied as a kid, he is making it so no one can be anonymous in any facet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom