• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I deactivated mine cos I don't use it much anyway.

Generally the moves they're making I don't feel comfortable with. On some posts it shows you who has viewed it and also as dc said, soon you'll be able to see what pages people are visiting.

Twitter is far better for me.

Where do they see that though? It's all private for me. *confused*

Where do they see that though? It's all private for me. *confused*
You can set it all to private through the settings.

But recently for example, in groups when somebody makes a post it shows everybody in the group who has seen that post. So in one group I am in where people arrange football we had the awkward situation where people had obv. seen the post but had just chosen to ignore it but the guy who made the post was calling them out because he knew they'd seen it and they weren't replying.

Stuff like that is OTT I think.

elsk

Banned
Pfff... I joined in 2007. They can release all the info they want, I don't give a fuck really. I will upload Wilbury pics, RELEASE TAHT FACEBOOK

fuenf

You can set it all to private through the settings.

But recently for example, in groups when somebody makes a post it shows everybody in the group who has seen that post. So in one group I am in where people arrange football we had the awkward situation where people had obv. seen the post but had just chosen to ignore it but the guy who made the post was calling them out because he knew they'd seen it and they weren't replying.

Stuff like that is OTT I think.

that's not a facebook problem, though. it can only be as good as the people who use it.

dc89

Holy fook.

Resident Evil 6, Gamespot video review. I'm going to say this as a potential spoiler, so yeah, only read if you don't care.

Why the FUCK can you fly a fighter jet, or QTE a fighter jet sequence akin to Battlefield 3.

dc89

By the looks of things, RE6 is pure garbage.

Oh well :/

Listening to Gamespot's video review, I heard this:

"in 5 minutes you may complete a QTE, run for 10 seconds, complete another QTE, kill something, run for 10 seconds, watch a cut scene, complete another QTE, then do nothing."

So yeah... what a let down.

Fry

Listening to Gamespot's video review, I heard this:

"in 5 minutes you may complete a QTE, run for 10 seconds, complete another QTE, kill something, run for 10 seconds, watch a cut scene, complete another QTE, then do nothing."

So yeah... what a let down.

My RE 6 money will go to Hitman instead.

Please be an awesome game.

danwarb

I imagine the RE6 dev team sat in a circle tossing a ball around, and whoever caught it had to come up with an idea on the spot, and they used them all.

fuenf

I don't think it should be telling you who has read a post and a what exact time.

That's a choice made by FB.

It's only bad if you cant stand that people wont answer right away. I mean most people wont answer right away, at least now you know that they have read it and are / might be thinking about it.

dc89

Uh oh I hope it doesn't show the times I've looked at my ex's profile lol

This 'Activity Log' thing shows EVERYTHING! So if you've ever searched a name or anything in the search bar, it will be there for people to view unless you set the settings which hide it from everyone.

If I didn't organise my 5 a side through Facebook I'd have pissed it off a long time ago.

Kyoufu

This 'Activity Log' thing shows EVERYTHING! So if you've ever searched a name or anything in the search bar, it will be there for people to view unless you set the settings which hide it from everyone.

If I didn't organise my 5 a side through Facebook I'd have pissed it off a long time ago.

I don't see anything of that sort in my activity log plus it says only I can see it.

Kyoufu

7Gq0M.png

dc89

There's no PMs in my activity log.

The PM's don't appear in the activity log under their own header. They are mingled in with your wall posts I believe.

I just did the safe thing and what people are advising and just hide all wall posts from 2010 and earlier from everyone. As that's the time period which is apparently effected if you Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom