• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome_Garcia = Spanish Wrath.

The fans are not violent at all, there's probably more players on the pitch than FC Nordsjælland fans anyway, so even if they were maniacs it wouldn't be a problem.

Oh! I thought you meant someone was like him haha. Will speak to my mum in the morning and grab the next flight if she says yes!

Arnie

Bullard has retired. Probably my favourite footballer personality wise. Watch this is if you want to know why - the man is brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfhkwse4RXw

This one makes me laugh with tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=_tY0XPkrmJI

Bullard's brilliant. The reaction to Ferguson's punch is a classic.
The Witcher 2 is Pirlo. A master of his craft that gets better with age.

Fifa 13 is Aaron Ramsey. Has potential but, like always, you're waiting until next year to see if he'll actually be any good.

The Witcher 2's Diaby. Brilliant for a couple of weeks a year.

I want something to play day after day for a year.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It's finished. Not just keeping it around for sentimental value, I'm not having the gaming equivalent of Ryan Giggs sat on my shelf when I could be playing Fifa.

lol. I did the same but I never played the game for more than 2 hours. I got the tutorial, played for 2 hours, thought it was awesome and then put it down for like 2 weeks. Picked it back up and I had no idea how to play.

Got it for only 20 bucks tho

Maybe one day when I get a decent pc

Clegg

So PES is ... Giggs?

PES is Torres. Was once the best in the world, then ran into problems that diminished his performance. Traded his old club for a bigger, shinier club that offered more "trophies." Every now and then theres a glimmer of talent that suggests he'll back to where he rightfully belongs. But next game hes shit again.

Arnie

PES is Torres. Was once the best in the world, then ran into problems that diminished his performance. Traded his old club for a bigger, shinier club that offered more "trophies." Every now and then theres a glimmer of talent that suggests he'll back to where he rightfully belongs. But next game hes shit again.

jcWlg.gif

Man, trying to get to a CL game on a budget is hard. I think I can get to the Chelsea game for £304 but trying to convince people to let me go let alone lend me the money will be har haha.

K1LLER7

Anyone make changes to their CL fantasy teams?

Swapped Nasri for Schweinsteiger, because he might not start and think BVB will get something from the game. Pirlo out for Marchisio.

Evra swapped with Rafael
iirc,
because it's Evra.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
They have a fantastic XI and a very capable manager, they haven't lost a match in forever and they've been playing in the CL for the last 4 or 5 years. It could happen.

Shakhtar is pretty good. They gave barca a game a couple of years back iirc

You're at home though so you should be fine

FootballFan

Shakhtar is pretty good. They gave barca a game a couple of years back iirc

You're at home though so you should be fine

Yep, remember Messi had to score those 2 late goals to win it?

I've also noticed many Juve fans say they will lose every game and they never end up losing.
Embrace your undefeated run, don't wait until you lose. I mean yea sure Shakhtar could win, but 80% chance they won't away to Juve.

Arnie

Ian Ayre's a fucking clown. Joe Allen's trying to choose his number and he pops his head in and shouts 'sixty-nine'.

Is he 14 years old?

FootballFan

HAHAHAHAHAH

damn son. I need to set up my lineup for tomorrow but god damn that website is fucking garbage.

Yep, rubbish. Fantasy CL site works half the time, if even that. Though tbf I never can be bothered with fantasy football. Haven't changed my EPL team since day 1, and probably will leave my CL team the same lol.

elsk

Banned
The whole CL fantasy site was much better in previous seasons (the UI, specially), I don't know why they had to change it. I blame Gazprom.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Vidic might as well retire along with Puyol

Come to Barca

--I read that as Gaz problems :eek:

This will be the first time I play fantasy anything I just can never get my lineup set up on time. I was trying to do the pick em in the NFL thread and I always forget to set my lineups on time so I quit.

Zabojnik

You have something they'll never have...

A barcode shirt!

Looking forward to Juve - Newcastle in EL!

Okay, seriously now. We *need* 3 points tonight. At all costs. Judging from the Carrera/Chiellini presser our players are well aware of how important this match is, so I'm confident enough. I hope Marchisio scores. He fucking deserves it.

COME ON OLD LADY!

jscl1.jpg

Arnie

Been saying it for a while.

He's a proper gorp. Riding his Harley Davidson and shouting sexual innuendos. Pleb.

Great clip from next weeks show where Carragher shouts at his son whilst he's training at the Academy to tuck his shirt in.

Kyoufu

Looking forward to Juve - Newcastle in EL!

Okay, seriously now. We *need* 3 points tonight. At all costs. Judging from the Carrera/Chiellini presser our players are well aware of how important this match is, so I'm confident enough. I hope Marchisio scores. He fucking deserves it.

Yep I will watch it. :D

I want to see Marchisio, Pirlo and Giovinco light the house on fire.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hrm. It was recorded today. Must have been a repeat and I didn't notice.

What do you have, fox soccer channel? They reair the games all week. I know on direct tv you can check original broadcast date on the menu. don't know about uverse tho

Zabojnik

Lucescu (Shakhtar's manager): "I showed my players a few videos of Juventus - Roma and told them 'that's exactly how one should never play against Juve'."

Gee, thanks again, Zeman!

Arnie

Shirt tucked in makes sense. Feels right.

For sure.

Made the conversion from striker as a youngster, then through to right midfield as a teenager, now I'm playing right back this season. Full evolution complete. Lots of shouting, intelligent marking, buckets of technique and a low centre of gravity when bombing on. Still reckon I'll get 5 a season from somewhere. It's all the University societies so there's bound to be some dodgy keepers here and there, I've been known to drop a few sighters in from 30 yards.

elsk

Banned
Lucescu (Shakhtar's manager): "I showed my players a few videos of Juventus - Roma and told them 'that's exactly how one should never play against Juve'."

Gee, thanks again, Zeman!

Haha, that reminds me of Robben. He was a beast until we played vs. Inter and Mou just double marked him and that was it. His career got ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom