• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

Homeland.

So good.

Season 2 ep 1 spoilers:
It was a good start to the season although how long was the time skip? Hard to suspend disbelief regarding Brody's quick rise up the political ranks to becoming a vice presidential candidate. Dana became a likeable character though.

GorillaJu

So, why should or shouldn't I buy Dishonored? I can't fucking decide. I loved BioShock. Like, LOVED it (except the last bit after the big reveal. It was dumb.) But Arkane did BioShock 2, not 1, which looked really bad to me.

Oh fuck me with a shovel, Gaf. I'm clueless!!

Arnie

Arsenal fans make a hilarious song urging Walcott to stay.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPBm-GvEVlg

The Anfield Wrap made a great point: Why haven't Norwich invented a chant for Simeon Jackson sung to the tune of Sorry Ms' Jackson by Outkast?

So, why should or shouldn't I buy Dishonored? I can't fucking decide. I loved BioShock. Like, LOVED it (except the last bit after the big reveal. It was dumb.) But Arkane did BioShock 2, not 1, which looked really bad to me.

Just get Fifa and zone out, like me.

I'll get Dishonoured at Christmas when it's mega cheap, and I've got time to play it. Hitman, too. Just Fifa and Halo for me until then.

Uhmm, Arkane didn't do any major work on Bioshock 2, they just helped out on minor things. Similar to Tri-Ace and FFXIII-2.

I've preordered it, and will send it back of reviews are shit. Normally wouldn't put such faith in reviews, but the decision to preorder was already on a knife-edge before I took the plunge, and it looks like a game that could well go terribly wrong if any one thing isn't up to scratch

GorillaJu

Nah fuck Fifa. I don't like it and I don't buy EA games regardless.

You can get Dishonored for 45 bucks pre ordered on GMG. Year end sale I imagine the cheapest it'll get is like 30.

Uhmm, Arkane didn't do any major work on Bioshock 2, they just helped out on minor things. Similar to Tri-Ace and FFXIII-2.

You'll have to excuse me. I just googled them and Wikipedia had BioShock 2 listed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Is dishonored that game where you can like possess people or something? I think I saw that game on spike during e3.

I'll wait till it's 20 bucks. So like next month

Arnie

Is dishonored that game where you can like possess people or something? I think I saw that game on spike during e3.

I'll wait till it's 20 bucks. So like next month

Yep, and yep.

Looks great but I don't have money to burn. I'll only play it once too. For me it really isn't worth more than £18, similarly to Hitman. Both could well be quality games, but if I'm not going to play it for more than 15 hours then I can't spend big on it. If games aren't tiering their prices, then I have to do it myself. I'll get 100 hours each out of Fifa and Halo, so I'll pay accordingly.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yep, and yep.

Looks great but I don't have money to burn. I'll only play it once too. For me it really isn't worth more than £18, similarly to Hitman. Both could well be quality games, but if I'm not going to play it for more than 15 hours then I can't spend big on it. If games aren't tiering their prices, then I have to do it myself. I'll get 100 hours each out of Fifa and Halo, so I'll pay accordingly.

Same. I consider fifa and halo a bargain at 60 bucks each. Damn, can't wait for halo shit's gonna get real

Arnie

Same. I consider fifa and halo a bargain at 60 bucks each. Damn, can't wait for halo shit's gonna get real

Need skill based ranks before I get really excited.

Buying it regardless though, if the base game's shit I'll just sit in the MLG playlist for a couple of years.

Pretty much 9/10 of the reason I'd get a 360
The original Gears and Halo 3 are still my most played exclusives this generation. Used to come in from high school when the 360 launched and play Gears private matches with all my mates over Xbox Live. Great times.

Need skill based ranks before I get really excited.

Buying it regardless though, if the base game's shit I'll just sit in the MLG playlist for a couple of years.

The original Gears and Halo 3 are still my most played exclusives this generation. Used to come in from high school when the 360 launched and play Gears private matches with all my mates over Xbox Live. Great times.

You call it high school?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Probably. I'd watch it but I got shit to do in the morning (and I wake up late) so I barely have enough time to get home for the barca match

Arnie

@Arnie, where were you bought up? We call it secondary school in Berkshire

Preston.

Usually, in Preston, the more syllables you use the more you're looked down upon, which should explain the 'high school'. But yea, mostly I always call it by it's actual name. Although I refer to it as high school in vague terms. And I went to college, not sixth form.

Preston.

Usually, in Preston, the more syllables you use the more you're looked down upon, which should explain the 'high school'. But yea, mostly I always call it by it's actual name. Although I refer to it as high school in vague terms. And I went to college, not sixth form.

Going to sixth form was probably the only good decision I've ever made regarding my prospects :p

I constantly get shit from my friends because I'm English but my school was actually called high school, so I refer to it as such.

Really gets on my tits, too.

Arnie

I constantly get shit from my friends because I'm English but my school was actually called high school, so I refer to it as such.

Really gets on my tits, too.

My high school actually had high school in it's name before it became a technology and sports college.

Arnie

Wait, so you went to secondary school and high school/college?

No, the secondary school was the high school, but it had one of those weird college descriptors because it was especially good at sport and technology. Then I went to a college after year 11, rather than a sixth form. Everyone did. It was huge, and attracted a shit ton of people from around the North West.

No, the secondary school was the high school, but it had one of those weird college descriptors because it was especially good at sport and technology. Then I went to a college after year 11, rather than a sixth form. Everyone did. It was huge, and attracted a shit ton of people from around the North West.

I see

Sixth form 4 lyfe

AndresON777

shooting blanks
is the new Hitman still a stealth game? If not that would suck. Damn I dont even know half of these games and they just come out out of nowhere.

Hey Andres, when the Fifa rankings are published in 2 days Colombia will be ranked in the top 10! They'll be 9th. England drops to 5th.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hey Andres, when the Fifa rankings are published in 2 days Colombia will be ranked in the top 10! They'll be 9th. England drops to 5th.

thanks I knew it was like around October 5th. I've been anxious to see where we were. Last time we were top 10 though was before the 94 World Cup and we fell flat on our face. Romania owned us but I think the Andres Escobar own goal was a set up.

Have you seen the 30 for 30 the 2 escobars? I still have it on my dvr from 2 years ago. That piece of shit escobar didn't even have any remorse on his face after that happened. Motherfucker. Didn't deserve to die but he should have gotten his ass beat to a pulp.

/rant

---edit, I googled it looks like we were top 10 back in like 2002. Still, that 94 world cup hurt like torture. That team just crushed people.

thanks I knew it was like around October 5th. I've been anxious to see where we were. Last time we were top 10 though was before the 94 World Cup and we fell flat on our face. Romania owned us but I think the Andres Escobar own goal was a set up.

Have you seen the 30 for 30 the 2 escobars? I still have it on my dvr from 2 years ago. That piece of shit escobar didn't even have any remorse on his face after that happened. Motherfucker. Didn't deserve to die but he should have gotten his ass beat to a pulp.

/rant

---edit, I googled it looks like we were top 10 back in like 2002. Still, that 94 world cup hurt like torture. That team just crushed people.

Oh you know you love Escobar. You even dedicated your neogaf username to him.

Zabojnik

So, I'll be the only one laughing at Spartak's incompetence? That's slightly disappointing.

I'd watch if it was Zenit. Spartak ... eh, not so much.

thanks I knew it was like around October 5th. I've been anxious to see where we were. Last time we were top 10 though was before the 94 World Cup and we fell flat on our face.

True legends like Faustino 'Three Legs' Asprilla aren't born every day. Falcao is decent, but he's got nothing on Tino.

100470.jpg

I'd watch if it was Zenit. Spartak ... eh, not so much.

Objectively speaking, Spartak is likely the most entertaining team in the RPL. Certainly not the best, but the most entertaining. They have a double digits streak of games conceding goals. That and their second half fails are highly spectacular.

Zabojnik

Objectively speaking, Spartak is likely the most entertaining team in the RPL. Certainly not the best, but the most entertaining. They have a double digits streak of games conceding goals. That and their second half fails are highly spectacular.

Russia's Roma, then. Maybe I'll take a peek.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fuck me The Shadow Line is good tv.

Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ecclestone, Rea is a boss cast.

That dude is so boss. He was amazing in Dirty Pretty Things. I used to be obsessed with european movies and in particular anything with Audrey Tautou.

His English is really good too.

They were actually showing shadow line on directv a few months back. I'll have to see it on demand some time it looks amazing.

-----Wont lie Tino is our GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom