• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwarb

B-Rod doesn't sound very humble tbh.
Brendan-Rodgers-picture.jpg

K1LLER7

I can't wait to see where Pep goes. They should follow him around everywhere
Can't wait for the day when he'll take over from Fergz and United actually start to play some entertaining football more regularly.

We'll end up with Mark Hughes.

29 more points required, 32 games. I have faith West Ham can fuck it up.
They've been playing well since Carroll Joined/plays.

29 more points required, 32 games. I have faith West Ham can fuck it up.

I'm cautiously optimistic. With Carroll back, I think we'll grind out a few more results where we would usually falter.

What interests me is, if Gold and Sullivan financed all our transfers out of their own pocket. . .what the fark happened to the tens of millions we got for winning the play-off final?

I reckon United will appoint Moyes as their next boss. Fergie loves him, he's a great manager etc.

K1LLER7

I'm cautiously optimistic. With Carroll back, I think we'll grind out a few more results where we would usually falter.

What interests me is, if Gold and Sullivan financed all our transfers out of their own pocket. . .what the fark happened to the tens of millions we got for winning the play-off final?

I reckon United will appoint Moyes as their next boss. Fergie loves him, he's a great manager etc.
Not sure how I'd feel about this. Not really a big fan, but some people like him.

3Sixty

Fancied West Ham tonight, put them down for a win in a prediction league I do. QPR are shocking and will go down imo. West Ham will stay up, whether or not the fans will get fed up with watching Fat Sam's version of football is another story.

Arnie

B-Rod doesn't sound very humble tbh.

I mean in his treatment of journalists, not his attitude towards management. Ferguson sees journalists as a pest, something beneath him, a hindrance to his work. Rodgers treats them with more respect, simply. I think this is fairly unarguable.

As far as his attitude towards his own abilities, I think the very nature of being a manager precludes them from holding a low, or neutered opinion of themselves. It's their job to inspire and motivate, not to downplay their own tactical or personal advantages.

Arnie

Encouraging for Arsenal fans to see both Wilshere and Frimpong back playing. Rate them both, although I question Frimpong's character after his altercation with Lucas last season. Apparently Wilshere played pretty well.
Wow awkward silence here after sex offenders came up, anything you guys want to share?
Wilbury's banned.

That Men's Hair thread is a bit odd. Quite a few people have blurred out their faces for some odd reason.. I don't get that mindset.
I have spectacular hair but don't need to brag about it on te Internet.

I have 3 cats too.

Huskies are meant to be pretty hard work, so I can't imagine what a Malamute x Husky x German Shepard (Utonagan) is going to be like! He's a lively one, but the place I got him from was terrible. Not enough room for him at all. I hope 8 months is young enough for me to get him under control.

It will be. You can always get a dog trained if you put in the work. He wasn't abused before you got him was he?

Let me ask RVP.

iUnZVeZKFEiEl.gif

Anyone who is debating getting FIFA on PC just do it! Playing in the GAF pro clubs is so fucking fun man!

This is the truth. Blablurn needs to get his laptop going, spanish wrath is fucking deadly in front of goal and Quiche does his best Terry impressions getting sent off in the all important match to stay in the division. We pulled through though. No one make any mention of my defending as a left back.

Arnie

Let me ask RVP.

My mate's an Arsenal fan and he came round with a 4 pack of Carlsberg for the Arsenal game on Saturday; couldn't stop singing the RVP sex offence song that goes to the tune of Re Rewind by Craig David, if anyone knows it.

And that gimpy chim chiminy, chim chiminy, chim chim chiroo, who needs Van Persie when we've got Giroud. Sang it myself after Olivier missed that sitter.

Who was the guy claiming to had gotten the ball in a tackle yesterday, only for the replay to show his sawing off some poor guys legs who then proceeded to crawl around on all four for the ball? Wish we had a replay of that, was fucking hilarious.

Facism

Gold Member
Fenerbahce have terminated Alex de Souza's contract after a bust up with Aykut Kocaman.

Ask any fenerbahce fan and they'd tell you Aykut should have been the one to be tossed. no way to treat a player that was the midfield and WAS fenerbahc for these past years.

Disgusting treatment of a classic player, a week after they built a statue of Alex outside of the stadium.

Who was the guy claiming to had gotten the ball in a tackle yesterday, only for the replay to show his sawing off some poor guys legs who then proceeded to crawl around on all four for the ball? Wish we had a replay of that, was fucking hilarious.

That was Shaun :lol The ball was fucking miles away haha. I may need to see how well mine records cause I think I can get mumble in the recording too.

Zabojnik

This is the truth. Blablurn needs to get his laptop going, spanish wrath is fucking deadly in front of goal and Quiche does his best Terry impressions getting sent off in the all important match to stay in the division. We pulled through though. No one make any mention of my defending as a left back.

I'll join you guys next week, hopefully. I suck at Fifa (long time PES player), so you should expect, well, nothing. :)

Zabojnik

Fenerbahce have terminated Alex de Souza's contract after a bust up with Aykut Kocaman.

Ask any fenerbahce fan and they'd tell you Aykut should have been the one to be tossed. no way to treat a player that was the midfield and WAS fenerbahc for these past years.

Disgusting treatment of a classic player, a week after they built a statue of Alex outside of the stadium.

Same thing that happened to Melo!
Not really, I know. :p

Arnie

I'll buy Fifa when I can find my copy of The Witcher 2 to trade in against it. I'll be getting the 360 version.

So anybody got some predictions for tomorrow's champions league action?

FC Nordsjælland 0 v Chelsea 3
Juventus 2 v Shakhtar Donetsk 2

BATE Borisov 1 v Bayern Munich 3
Valencia 1 v Lille 1

Spartak Moscow 2
v Celtic 1
Benfica 1 v Barcelona 2

CFR Cluj-Napoca 1 v Manchester United 2
Galatasaray 1 v Braga 0

Zabojnik

FC Nordsjælland 0 - Chelsea 3
Juventus 1 - Shakhtar Donetsk 3

BATE Borisov 0 - Bayern Munich 4
Valencia 1 - Lille 1

Spartak Moscow 2 - Celtic 0
Benfica 1 v Barcelona 3

CFR Cluj-Napoca 0 - Manchester United 6
Galatasaray 2 - Braga 1

Btw Quiche, the tickets for tomorrow are around 55 pounds, sold outside the stadium from 11 in the morning. There's lots left when checking the ticket site.

Our Awesome_Garcia is pretty awesome.

I'm not sure I can make it now. Turns out my Mum took me off her cheap flights list to let someone else fly to Vegas :/ The tickets are now £350 or so return whereas with the cheap flights it would have been £85. I may ask her if I can go on my own. The fans aren't violent right?

Also who the fuck are you on about haha?

Clegg

It's finished. Not just keeping it around for sentimental value, I'm not having the gaming equivalent of Ryan Giggs sat on my shelf when I could be playing Fifa.

The Witcher 2 is Pirlo. A master of his craft that gets better with age.

Fifa 13 is Aaron Ramsey. Has potential but, like always, you're waiting until next year to see if he'll actually be any good.

I'm not sure I can make it now. Turns out my Mum took me off her cheap flights list to let someone else fly to Vegas :/ The tickets are now £350 or so return whereas with the cheap flights it would have been £85. I may ask her if I can go on my own. The fans aren't violent right?

Also who the fuck are you on about haha?

Awesome_Garcia = Spanish Wrath.

The fans are not violent at all, there's probably more players on the pitch than FC Nordsjælland fans anyway, so even if they were maniacs it wouldn't be a problem.

So PES is ... Giggs?

No it's the Heskey. It once somehow managed to be something and actually be decent, but since then it has shown its true face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom