• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Well hopefully when he comes back, QPR won't be in the PL. lol

I think they are done for. It's great to see the Mark Hughes scatter gun transfer policy working wonders. He's ridiculously average.

And people said City were wrong in sacking him. :lol

Sir Alex Ferguson had curt words for a Sky Sports news reporter who asked him to comment on Europe's Ryder Cup win at Chicago's Medinah on Sunday.

José María Olazábal's team were losing 6-10 to Davis Love III's side going into the final day, but pulled off one of golf's more memorable comebacks to retain the trophy. Asked by the reporter to comment on the win Ferguson said: "Listen, listen. This is a press conference about a bloody football match. You [want something] to play at the top of your programme. We're not answering that. We're here to talk about football."

BANNED! :lol

Arnie

And this is why journo's hate his conferences. One of the ones banned not so long ago said his press conferences are now "dull and tired affairs".

They certainly sound it.

At the end of the day how exciting can conferences really be? Every week it's the same questions and the same sort of responses, it often feels like going through the motions regardless of the manager being questioned.

SAF said nothing wrong there btw.

I agree.

dc89

At the end of the day how exciting can conferences really be? Every week it's the same questions and the same sort of responses, it often feels like going through the motions regardless of the manager being questioned.

I agree.

Well that's half the problem. Because when a question which is off topic is asked they don't get an answer. It's like a catch 22.

Meier

Carroll looked pretty lively at the end there. It seems like WHU's offense will suit him nicely. Could be a decent pickup in FPL.

Thought QPR might equalize on that long shot in the 94th or so. Nice job by the keeper to stop it and preserve the victory.

Arnie

Well that's half the problem. Because when a question which is off topic is asked they don't get an answer. It's like a catch 22.

There's a difference between inventive and off the wall questioning in a football press conference, and asking about golf. It's not a catch 22. Golf's fucking irrelevant, it shouldn't be a topic of discussion within a football press conference. Why's there a presumption that any football manager, who's taking time out of his daily duties to be interrogated by football journalists, should be open and available to answer questions about a completely different sport?

Clegg

I think Giggs may have had his Gary Neville moment.

Neville had a howler against West Brom and was subbed at half time. SAF knew during that first half that Gary was basically finished as a footballer. Neville knew it too and retired shortly after. I'm not saying Giggs will retire right now but I think SAF may use him a lot less.

elseanio

I got a new dog! Say hi to Juneau. He's an 8 month old Utonagan

FSau2.jpg

dc89

There's a difference between inventive and off the wall questioning in a football press conference, and asking about golf. It's not a catch 22. Golf's fucking irrelevant, it shouldn't be a topic of discussion within a football press conference. Why's there a presumption that any football manager, who's taking time out of his daily duties to be interrogated by football journalists, should be open and available to answer questions about a completely different sport?

Would B-Rod answer or give his opinion on something off topic like that?

Arnie

Would B-Rod answer or give his opinion on something off topic like that?

Without a doubt, because he's both a much humbler person than SAF, and far more media friendly. That's not to say each and every manager should answer questions about golf. At the end of the day Ferguson isn't paid, nor is he giving up his time to talk about golf. Ask questions about wider issues in the game, about whether referees need more help, or whether foreign players dive more than Brits (which someone did ask, and subsequently generated a decent story from).

Not fucking golf.

And this is why journo's hate his conferences. One of the ones banned not so long ago said his press conferences are now "dull and tired affairs".

They certainly sound it.
No u.

Without a doubt, because he's both a much humbler person than SAF, and far more media friendly. That's not to say each and every manager should answer questions about golf. At the end of the day Ferguson isn't paid, nor is he giving up his time to talk about golf. Ask questions about wider issues in the game, about whether referees need more help, or whether foreign players dive more than Brits (which someone did ask, and subsequently generated a decent story from).

Not fucking golf.
B-Rod doesn't sound very humble tbh.

Why dont more people own huskies? They are beautiful
If you go a week without asking a question, I'll write you a poem a day for as long as I live.

Meier

That Men's Hair thread is a bit odd. Quite a few people have blurred out their faces for some odd reason.. I don't get that mindset.

dc89

Would Mancini?

He'd probably say he's only there to talk about the football and you'd wax on about how classy he is :p

Yes he probably would. Mancini is classy, I can't remember any other manager toasting Ferguson's 70th birthday with a glass of champagne in his press conference.

elseanio

I have 3 cats too.

Huskies are meant to be pretty hard work, so I can't imagine what a Malamute x Husky x German Shepard (Utonagan) is going to be like! He's a lively one, but the place I got him from was terrible. Not enough room for him at all. I hope 8 months is young enough for me to get him under control.

dc89

Watching City and United fans arguing is crap

Armchair v armchair who gives a shit ssssh

No ones arguing. I was having a reasonable conversation with Arnie and a few others an I give an example someone doesn't like and then stupid, random YouTube videos get posted in reply. No arguing, just that. Same old.

I have 3 cats too.

Huskies are meant to be pretty hard work, so I can't imagine what a Malamute x Husky x German Shepard (Utonagan) is going to be like! He's a lively one, but the place I got him from was terrible. Not enough room for him at all. I hope 8 months is young enough for me to get him under control.
In my mind, this is your house.

C5qJm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom