• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderedToast

llorentetrains.jpg

it's...it's beautiful

By class you actually mean acting like a child, right?

Ozil was criticized during halftime by Mourinho (and rightfully so) and was subbed. Ramos then decides to use Ozil shirt under his own shirt during the 2nd half and that is class?

If he wants to undermine his coach, he should continue to leak stuff to Marca. Doing this only shows the petulant child that he is and also the lack of respect he has for the player that replaced Ozil.

The worst way to prove that Mourinho is a clown it's not acting worse than him (he should learn with Casillas). And to be quiet honest that's the problem with Real Madrid, they allow Spanish players freedom to own the locker room and that's why the "players choose the lineup" era happened. When it didn't (Capello and Mourinho) results started to appear, I wonder why...

Representing his team mates and sending a message to them by this kind of actions is a classy way to say Mourinho that he's not as strong as he thinks.

Cuirous thing, Madrid won the last CLs when players chose the line ups. Ask Heynckes.

Representing his team mates and sending a message to them by this kind of actions is a classy way to say Mourinho that he's not as strong as he thinks.

Cuirous thing, Madrid won the last CLs when players chose the line ups. Ask Heynckes.
Players shouldn't be undermining the manager publicly.

Very cheap shot from Ramos IMO. Achieves nothing. Is Mourinho going to back down to him? Is Ozil really gonna feel better? All it does it create a story and more fuel to throw on the "Madrid dressing room in turmoil" fire.

Teams aren't successful because of player power but in spite of it, I think.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Chelsea could do it last season, anyone can do it this season...

nonononono

Chelsea had Drogba, a sublime big-game player who was playing in his final season for Chelsea and his last season in Europe. He won them that CL.

dc89

Very cheap shot from Ramos IMO. Achieves nothing. Is Mourinho going to back down to him? Is Ozil really gonna feel better? All it does it create a story and more fuel to throw on the "Madrid dressing room in turmoil" fire.

Mourinho said his team 'had got their DNA back'. Well obviously not.

Ushojax

Mourinho said his team 'had got their DNA back'. Well obviously not.

I wonder what Modric thinks about all this. It must be a very strange dressing room compared to the one at Spurs.

Kozak

Banned
How do you guys deal with supporting a team that has no remains of what you once supported?

How do you find that love again?

nonononono

Chelsea had Drogba, a sublime big-game player who was playing in his final season for Chelsea and his last season in Europe. He won them that CL.

He would have lost it for them if Robben had a set :p

All I'm saying is, any one of about 12 teams can win the CL, its a cup competition. If we could win it in 2005, Porto in 2004, Man Utd in 2008, Chelsea last season, its not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to win it.

Ushojax

All I'm saying is, any one of about 12 teams can win the CL, its a cup competition. If we could win it in 2005, Porto in 2004, Man Utd in 2008, Chelsea last season, its not beyond the realms of possibility for Arsenal to win it.

Sure it's possible for anyone to win the CL just like any other competition, but Arsenal don't have what it takes. They don't have the strength down the spine the way the real contenders do. A team with Gervinho up front and Chesney in goal is never going to win the CL. They don't have a Gerrard, a Drogba, a real world-class player who can carry a team.

GorillaJu

How do you guys deal with supporting a team that has no remains of what you once supported?

How do you find that love again?

Sign the Welsh Xavi.

Re: Arsenal- Cardiff got to the Carling Cup final last year, a cup involving all 20 teams in the premier league. Any team can win a knockout tournament, if they play well enough.

Fady K

I'll still get RE6 but only when it's much cheaper. No way am I spending £40 on it.

I'll add you Fady! Probably today.

Thanks man!

I actually once bumped in to Fergie, well the entire United squad actually. At Manchester Airport when they were flying out for a European game, they had just checked in through the terminal and were all walking to the departure lounge.

I was only pretty young, maybe 8 or 9. Going on a family holiday with patents and TC, Tom may not remember it though as he would have only been 6 or 7 I guess.

Just a shame as it is a main RE game developed by Capcom (Operation Raccoon City had a different developer so that can be excused), so there are no excuses. Lazy...

Sure, feel free to add me bro :] Have you never bumped into any ManU players since?

fady never quotes me :( Blablurn is boring confirmed.

You definitely ain't boring Blablurn, my problem is I only got back to posting regularly on footygaf, so I can finally read more posts these days :]

We're never too far away from a dc PR post or a Fady Multi Quote post.

True! Especially as I am more of a consistence presence in the thread nowadays.

You can spot Pantilimon a mile away!

My God he is tall .

He's actually been pretty great this season though. Seems like a totally different player.

I noticed this too. Jenkinson was a total joke last season, the amount of improvement in the guy since is nothing short of respectable.

qindarka

Banned
Sign the Welsh Xavi.

Re: Arsenal- Cardiff got to the Carling Cup final last year, a cup involving all 20 teams in the premier league. Any team can win a knockout tournament, if they play well enough.

Of course, the CL isn't entirely a knockout tournament and most of the weaker teams will be flushed out in the group stages. Arsenal are definitely not in that category, though, and while they are not likely to win it, they certainly can.

Kyoufu

Cabaye reveals on Canal+ that he was given an offer to replace Modric at Tottenham but he turned it down:

“The offer from Tottenham was to replace Modric.” “If I had wanted to leave I would have; I have not left, I was not meant to leave as I am still here and I hope a lot of good things will come out of it”.

<3 Yohan

Fady K

Drogba was such a vital part of Chelsea's CL success, but so were many other players. Lampard was immense. Ramirez was a powerhouse. Even Torres was essential. Terry nearly destroyed their best chance though...

Ushojax

So he gave away 2 penalties that should have got them knocked out, scored the equaliser in the final, and scored the winning penalty. Quite the eventful tournament :p

It was destiny. The shit that went on in that CL campaign was crazy.

qindarka

Banned
Regarding the penalty in the Barca game, Drogba shouldn't have dived in like that but Fabregas dived and it shouldn't have been given.

And people overstate the importance of Robben's miss. Sure, it was crucial but didn't affect the game as much as other events such as Drogba's equaliser or Olic's and Schweinsteiger's failures in the shootout. Chelsea has plenty of time to equalise even if Robben scored, after all they took only 5 minutes to find an equaliser after Mueller's goal.

1341268150486kzkl7.gif

FootballFan

So good that Puyol is back, much more confident when I see his name in the team sheet.

Also Masch-Puyol CBs is not that bad at all, Masch-Song and I am pretty sure Madrid would beat us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Those teams had something in common, a decent backline.

Those teams had something in common, a decent backline.

Not sure how they'll handle the superior CL opposition, but their backline has been good enough so far this season. As long as they don't give any free kicks away within 40 yards of their goal :p

What exactly does Over 2.5 goals mean?

Facism

Gold Member
Fenerbahce have terminated Alex de Souza's contract (Y)

This is how we treat legends!

Yeh i mentioned this earlier. But it's Fenerbahce, where the board rewards lackeys, hence why AyJT Kocaman is still managing us.

Giving up on watching them. They've got a decent team, but now the heart of the midfield has just been ripped out and the cancer manager is allowed to fester and grow.

3+ goals may cause confusion and make people think that it has to be more than 3(so not 3, but at least 4). And "over 2 goals" could also make people think "2 goals and over".

I honestly don't know but that is my guess.

If you're stupid enough to get confused like that, you deserve to lose your money :p

@Yurt, if it got Stoke relegated, I'd be all for it lol

Absolutely.

How would you feel if your boss is mad and you and your coworkers try to cheer you up by showing they support you in public?

Kozak

Banned
Yeh i mentioned this earlier. But it's Fenerbahce, where the board rewards lackeys, hence why AyJT Kocaman is still managing us.

Giving up on watching them. They've got a decent team, but now the heart of the midfield has just been ripped out and the cancer manager is allowed to fester and grow.

Its absolutely devastating. There is no reason to watch our team atm except blind support.

We have amazing players, we have amazing facilities, we have cash and yet we're shit. The fans drive out every coach after a season and the mood towards Aziz Yildirim swings so much its unhealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom