• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Why did Liverpool let Tom Ince go?

He wanted a ridiculous wage & guaranteed first team appearances. More importantly, he just wasn't that good for Liverpool Reserves & even 2 years ago Stirling was way ahead of him. Though Liverpool fans might bemoan missing out on something with hindsight, had he stayed at Liverpool he would never have developed the way he did at Blackpool.

Arnie

Demanded a contract that you'd expect from a player playing 15 times a season, when he wasn't all that close to the first team. We offered him the contract he had earned, he and his Dad threw a hissy-fit and he fucked off
Would be throwing a hissy fit now but he's nowhere near Sterling and Suso.

FootballFan

Messi must be so boring for reporters, never says anything news worthy or controversial. One of his latest interviews(with El Pais):

"Individual awards are nice and I'm thankful for winning them. But I wouldn't have won anything without the help of my colleagues. I am fortunate to be playing for this club with all these great players. I'm just trying to help the team."

On Mourinho:

"I can't say much about Mourinho. I don't really know him and have never spoken with him. I can only talk about what he has achieved, and that's winning a lot of titles. I know that his players speak well of him, but I don't know him.

"I always say what I think, but I do not feel the need to get myself into trouble. I'm not interested in creating conflicts or problems.

"I see no point in speaking badly of someone who I don't really know. I prefer to be respectful toward other people."

edit
Just read that he will be having a son and will name him Thiago.

Thiago Messi, next big thing, you heard it here first.

NHale

Absolutely.

How would you feel if your boss is mad and you and your coworkers try to cheer you up by showing they support you in public?

If you want to support your team mate you go to them and offer him support, not use his shirt under your own and then leak it to Marca 2 days later, just so you can create a big fuss about it. And the proof, is that right now nobody is speaking about Ozil but about Sergio Ramos and Mourinho. Which no doubt was his true intentions.

But even if you really believe this is good for Ozil, how do you think the player that replaced him feels now?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So it looks like Baldini may be coming to Tottenham after all.

I understand he has done a decent job at Roma. What exactly does he do there?

FootballFan

The way he's talking there, complete role model honestly. I aspire to be like that and highly respect people who are like that.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, his attitude is awesome. I meant reporters must find what he says boring because they can't print what he says on the front page. front page: "Messi says he doesnt know Mourinho!" lol

Fady K

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, his attitude is awesome. I meant reporters must find what he says boring because they can't print what he says on the front page. front page: "Messi says he doesnt know Mourinho!" lol

Oh no I completely agree with you there bro, he definitely does not help the journalists :p

Scum

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Messi must be so boring for reporters, never says anything news worthy or controversial. One of his latest interviews(with El Pais):

edit
Just read that he will be having a son and will name him Thiago.

Thiago Messi, next big thing, you heard it here first.

lol. If I was Lio Id probably be a salty JT like sadnaldo.

I need some coffee

sohois

Employees at my hotel keep asking me if I 'have a day off'. Christ, what is it that marks me out as a business traveler? I'm 22 ffs. I mean, sure, you don't expect a lot of young tourists to be staying in the executive suites of an expensive hotel, but still. Reminds me of when I would stop getting carded at my local supermarket when I was 19. I'm not that old.

Clegg

I disagree with the assumption that Messi shouldn't win the Ballon D'Or just because Barca didn't have a successful season.

He still had the best season out of anyone in world football, in terms of individual performance.

Ushojax

Employees at my hotel keep asking me if I 'have a day off'. Christ, what is it that marks me out as a business traveler? I'm 22 ffs. I mean, sure, you don't expect a lot of young tourists to be staying in the executive suites of an expensive hotel, but still. Reminds me of when I would stop getting carded at my local supermarket when I was 19. I'm not that old.

You have Robben Syndrome.

Clegg

I want a job where I can stay in executive suites when I'm only 22.

rvy

Banned
I disagree with the assumption that Messi shouldn't win the Ballon D'Or just because Barca didn't have a successful season.

He still had the best season out of anyone in world football, in terms of individual performance.

This sport is about winning team titles. Messi could have the greatest individual season of all time and it wouldn't make any difference for Barca if they didn't win anything. Individual titles are a bonus.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

They won copa del rey. Madrid celebrated that trophy last year like it was the champions league...

Then it got ran over by their bus lol

Kyoufu

So you're saying Chelsea didn't deserve to win the CL because they didn't play as well as Barcelona/Bayern?

sohois

You have Robben Syndrome.

A while back in this very thread people were discussing haircuts they would get after footballers, I realised the best I could go for was a Shelvey.

Feels bad man

(technically I still have most of my hair, but I'm certainly not going to get a Cavani anytime soon)

I want a job where I can stay in executive suites when I'm only 22.

The room was only about £15 more per night than the standard room, I easily make that back with the free evening hors d'oeuvres & drinks anyway. Also I'm only a teacher, it's just where I live I can save massive amounts of money cos of the cost of living here.

Ushojax

Ade back in training. :p

3972673878_6e9b7f8e74_o_zpsf974edbf.gif

near

Gold Member
Real talk:

Jesse is a horrible character. His stupidity exceeds anything negative about Skyler.

I'm sorry but Skyler is a bitch, I love all the characters in BB and I wouldn't substitute any of them, but to say Jesse is a horrible character and then to support Skyler in the same sentance! My.. Kyoufu you have fallen into the evil territory! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom