• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

People underestimate Shakthar because they come from a relatively unknown league. They shouldn't. Shakthar is very good at recognising and bringing young Brazilian talents and keeping them for a good number of years. Also, their team has lots of CL experience. Draw against them isn't the end of the world, I wouldn't be suprised to see Chelsea lose against them.

The only weak team in that group is Nordsjælland.

I loved Shaktars kit last season. Nice team too

rvy

Banned
People actually hate Mikami?! Sign me up!

Is it a requirement to hate on Itagaki? Because I can't do that.

-

Love you too Messi. ;)

I don't understand how Itagaki hate and Mikami love are related, at all :'(. NINJA Evil II, believe.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
wUt. Puyol a JT? One of the few Barca players that I know most Madrid players/fans respect and like, just like most Barca fans like Casillas. :S Alrighty..

you and G-Unit have similar avatars and both post some pretty dumb crap.

sherlock holmes in this motherfucker

stupid mindless posts by both

o_o

fuenf

BATE 6
Valencia 3
Bayern 3
Lille 0

Bayern needs to beat Lille, and Bate draw with Valencia. Then it's all good again :)

Bayern away since last season: Villareal win, Napoli draw, City loss, Basel loss, Marseille win, Madrid loss, Bate loss.

Kenka

image.php

That's how I feel now.

Yen

Brkic, Padelli, Pawlowski; Armero, Benatia, Berra, Coda, Danilo, Domizzi, Heurtaux, Pasquale; Badu, Faraoni, Lazzari, Pereyra, Pinzi, Willians; Fabbrini, Di Natale, Ranegie

Italy-GAF, how strong is the Udinese squad? I hope they don't take the Europa seriously.

Fry

Bayern away since last season: Villareal win, Napoli draw, City loss, Basel loss, Marseille win, Madrid loss, Bate loss.

Villarreal were shite; Napoli were good; City played against reserves; Basel deserved the win and the battering at home; Marseille were good; Madrid were good and lost ;); Bate fully deserved.

Yeah, not a very good away record...

Soi-Fong

Haha at RVP's post match interview

"Do you think you have settled quicker than expected, scored 7 goals already?"
"Well yeah, I'm very pleased with seven goals but goals aren't everything to me. I'd like to make more assists. I've only made one assist yet"

:(

That one assist though was a beautiful ball to Kagawa. :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't understand how Itagaki hate and Mikami love are related, at all :'(. NINJA Evil II, believe.

/GAFLogic Both Japanese developers and make action games.

People underestimate Shakthar because they come from a relatively unknown league. They shouldn't. Shakthar is very good at recognising and bringing young Brazilian talents and keeping them for a good number of years. Also, their team has lots of CL experience. Draw against them isn't the end of the world, I wouldn't be suprised to see Chelsea lose against them.

They were pretty good and we got lucky (
6hYTu.gif
) that it ended 1-1. I'm sure this result will come and bite us in the ass later on.

FootballFan

Shakhtar were fantastic against us couple seasons ago(hence why we signed Chygrinsky) and they were also pretty good against Arsenal. They won the UEFA cup in 2009 too, we had to score in extra time of European SuperCup to beat them. They were known as the team with strong big Eastern European back line with quick creative Brazilians up front. Worked quite well for them tbh.

So a draw isn't that bad for Juve.

fuenf

i wouldnt mind if we dont qualify for the next round

you are lying to yourself. that would be the worst thing ever, i mean, i wouldnt know how they could improve the squad anymore. they would need to blow everything up and start from scratch. and dont even get me started on what would happen if Bayerns doesnt qualify but Dortmund and Schalke do...

near

Gold Member

I said before that game Shakhtar would seek blood, I expected them to win because of there work effort, but a draw is good. Juve's recent form has been shaky aswell 2 wins in there last 5 games 3 of which were at home.

Off-topic but your avatar is epic. :p

Hmm. Bayern probably just had a bad night but it would be great if they were knocked out. I like Bayern but the fewer good teams around the better for us.

Now that I've said that watch them finish 2nd in their group, draw us in the next round and batter us :(

feel

Wave your arms around in front of the referee now, bitch.

I don't wish injuries upon any player, but that one brought a smile to my face. It's not that serious (just a break of the arm or a dislocation), it's not any ligament damage or anything like that, he will be out for a couple of months, it's not career-threatening, and it will be painful for him (I know from experience). Like I said, I don't wish injury upon anyone, but if it happens to such monumental JT's as Puyol, then I'm free to lol.

And yeah, bring on the gifs, no matter who the subject is.
Puyol is a class act, even most Madridistas have nothing but respect for the guy. But that's irrelevant, what's wrong with you, how can you be celebrating an injury?

Shakhtar were fantastic against us couple seasons ago(hence why we signed Chygrinsky) and they were also pretty good against Arsenal. They won the UEFA cup in 2009 too, we had to score in extra time of European SuperCup to beat them. They were known as the team with strong big Eastern European back line with quick creative Brazilians up front. Worked quite well for them tbh.

So a draw isn't that bad for Juve.

I think the draw is bad in that I would probably favour Shakhtar in the return match. And since Nordsjaelland is going to lose all their matches in this group, Juve has an uphill battle to make it out of this group.

Bo-Locks

Haha, I knew that comment was going to annoy a few people. I came to terms with the morality of laughing at these sort of things a long time ago. If you don't actively hope for the injury on any player, and it's a completely random incident that leads to a non-career threatening injury on a JT, then there's no harm in laughing. I'm not exactly celebrating, and I won't be antagonising people with it, but I just found it funny, that's all.

lol U MAD

we are better without him but we'll be glad to eliminate you once again son :)

This is true :(

For the record, the only Barca player I like is Iniesta. Wouldve laughed my ass off if the injury happend to Bisquits.

Come at me humanitarian GAF

Exact same opinion, right here.

Why don't we post a gif of Valencia's ankle injury? That was fun times too.

Is this the part where I get all offended because it's a United player? Go for it.

You are the worst poster, no doubt. Even if I agree on lets have gifs of injuries, if the yare bad put it behind a link.

Of course. I'm no monster.

pulga

Banned
In stranger news, a goalkeeper in our own honduran national league asked the ref to stop the game cause he had to take a massive shit.

aaaaand they're postponing a national clasico to another day because they play at the same time as THE Clasico, the teams are afraid no one will show up :lol :lol

bawwww how can you hate our little country, elsk? <3

Splatt

They were pretty good and we got lucky (
6hYTu.gif
) that it ended 1-1. I'm sure this result will come and bite us in the ass later on.

I've already got a gif ready if that happens :p

I said before that game Shakhtar would seek blood, I expected them to win because of there work effort, but a draw is good. Juve's recent form has been shaky aswell 2 wins in there last 5 games 3 of which were at home.

Off-topic but your avatar is epic. :p

I just hope I don't get spoiled in this thread, I'm almost finished with S2.

FootballFan

Hmm. Bayern probably just had a bad night but it would be great if they were knocked out. I like Bayern but the fewer good teams around the better for us.

Now that I've said that watch them finish 2nd in their group, draw us in the next round and batter us :(

Bayern - M.United rematch would be so goooood.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Madrid playing Chelsea or Man United either. But a bit too soon to talk about that lol.

edit
Dat Masch-Song pairing vs Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria, Modric. etc :lol

our management was talking about possible defeats for weeks now. and now it arrived. there u go, you assholes.

Goddamn, must be really fucking tragic to be a Bayern fan. You just lost an away match after what? 10 wins? Shit happens, it's part of the game. You can't win every match and as long as it's an unimportant match like this, who cares?

near

Gold Member
our management was talking about possible defeats for weeks now. and now it arrived. there u go, you assholes.

That sounds strange. What did they say exactly? Why would they foresee possible defeats?

I just hope I don't get spoiled in this thread, I'm almost finished with S2.

We encourage spoiler tags, most people are pretty beyond S2, so don't read the spoiler tags until you've fully caught up! :)

Blablurn

Goddamn, must be really fucking tragic to be a Bayern fan. You just lost an away match after what? 10 wins? Shit happens, it's part of the game. You can't win every match and as long as it's an unimportant match like this, who cares?

well, as a fan, i care a little, you know?

That sounds strange. What did they say exactly? Why would they foresee possible defeats?

because things were going too smooth. they should be satisfied with this. instead they kept talking about possible defeats in the future.

near

Gold Member
because things were going too smooth. they should be satisfied with this. instead they kept talking about possible defeats in the future.

That's pretty dumb to be honest. If you're on good form, you encourage the momentum there should be no pessimism. I guess they indirectly promoted complacency, which is something I don't expect from Bayern.

Soi-Fong

Tiote is going to murder your midfield.

Ba is going to annihilate your defense.

Come at us! :D

Kagawa, Rooney and RVP will tear your defense to pieces. Good luck with dealing with them! ;)

And with RVP stating that he wants to get more assists and Rooney not having a goal yet and Kagawa wanting yet more goals, good luck with covering all of them!

spidye

That's pretty dumb to be honest. If you're on good form, you encourage the momentum there should be no pessimism. I guess they indirectly promoted complacency, which is something I don't expect from Bayern.

did you see our last season?

Blablurn

This behavious is typically german :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom