• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck betting on the craziness that is the Europa League. I've noticed in the last few years that teams have a habit of randomly turning it on or completely switching off in that competition

WWE PPVs are more fun to watch than shitty Newcastle struggling to barely draw with shitty teams. We're a disgrace. The North-East is a big disgrace.

:lol Chill out Drogba!

We just need oil money that's all ;) Did you hear about us cancelling the Virgin Money sponsorship deal?

FootballFan

I don't think I can talk about football betting anymore.

Getting screwed by 1 goal from supposedly the best team in the world... fuck that.

I'm sticking to WWE PPVs.

Lol. Puyol being stretchered off killed them game, like it just slowed down as if there was less players. Also Busquets got a red for literally not even a freekick worthy incident lol. He didn't even protest.

Mike Ashley's never had an apple anywhere near his belly in his life

How dare you

tFSUl.jpg

Kyoufu

Naaaa, he wants more money not to pump it back in! Been a few sources saying that's not the case anyway.

I think it's Apple.

Apple? Wat.

Who would even want to sponsor us? We are shit.

Lol. Puyol being stretchered off killed them game, like it just slowed down as if there was less players. Also Busquets got a red for literally not even a freekick worthy incident lol. He didn't even protest.

Yeah :(

I'm just pissed. :p

It's a good wake up call for the team. They're not close to where they should be.

Anyway, I remember what happened when Bayern lost to Basel last season.

I can't wait to see the return leg at the Allianz.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I don't think I can talk about football betting anymore.

Getting screwed by 1 goal from supposedly the best team in the world... fuck that.

I'm sticking to WWE PPVs.

you're like the euro version of Regulus Tera...bunch of debbie downers.

K1LLER7

2hqiv.jpg

I really hope we win. I mean, you guys do not look good this season. City doesn't look good either.

I think Chelsea will get the title.
Agree Chelsea look strong, wouldn't rule out City.

Have to see if Fergie sticks to this 3 man midfield formation. hope he does and starts Kagawa/RVP/Rooney together. Also he needs to quit using Giggs unless it's in the COC.

Our team looks more solid with 3 in midfield and it'll get more out of Kagawa hopefully. Can't see Fergie dropping Valencia when he's fit so Kagawa may start in that midfield 3 at times. Hopefully we can get Smalling and Jones back and see how it goes from there.

We're such a mickey mouse club. At least Sunderland are consistently mid-table.

Hah. I wish we'd spend money. :(

I'm just saying we were better when we didn't spend money. Nurturing your youth players and making sensible, cheap purchases is the way to go. I never liked the Hulk and Witsel purchases.

Kyoufu

I'm just saying we were better when we didn't spend money.

We were better when we did spend, but then we made bad investments which got us relegated.

Now we're spending wisely but not enough to compete with the only thing that matters in the league: Champions League places.

And unfortunately we never will under our current regime. :(

Arnie

Can't wait for Liverpool v Udinese on Thursday. Once again we'll see some more of our exciting youngsters, and we'll most probably put in a good performance. Being a Liverpool fan is so strange at the moment, we're botching results left, right, and centre, but we're so good to watch.

Hopefully we can keep our momentum going into Stoke.

We were better when we did spend, but then we made bad investments which got us relegated.

Now we're spending wisely but not enough to compete with the only thing that matters in the league: Champions League places.

And unfortunately we never will under our current regime. :(

You know I've always thought that it might be an interesting idea to give the winners of the Europa League a Champions League spot the next year. Could benefit the Newcastles of world and provide a sense of legitimacy to the competition.

Just look at Atletico Madrid. Hard to say that they don't deserve it after they brutalized Chelsea.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm guessing Mike Ashley wants to stick Sports Direct.com on the shirts asap.

Oil money can't save us now. Dat FFP.

Give whatever happens a chance. Every decision Ashley makes usually starts as a horrible one, but always works out (at least in recent years). So far he's actually shown that he (or the people behind him) know what they're doing.

Need to pick up tickets for Thursday actually, my Toon supporting housemate is pushing us and admittedly I would really like to go witness some European football.

Kyoufu

You know I've always thought that it might be an interesting idea to give the winners of the Europa League a Champions League spot the next year. Could benefit the Newcastles of world and provide a sense of legitimacy to the competition.

Just look at Atletico Madrid. Hard to say that they don't deserve it after they brutalized Chelsea.

We are so shit we can't even get to a semi final or final of Europa League. :(

Cindres

Hey but at least you guys have won the prestigious UEFA Intertoto Cup before!

My Toon supporting housemate that I mentioned a couple of posts above loves to bring this one up :p

EDIT: @Kyoufu, Where are you actually from? I've wondered this for a while, especially with your big Newcastle support.
EDIT2: And if it's not from around the North East, why Newcastle?

TrueBlue

Eh, I'm still not too confident on our chances of mounting a decent title challenge. Our strikeforce is reliant on an inconsistent Torres and our defence can be leaky at times. If we play like we did against Arsenal however, we might have a chance.

Kyoufu

My Toon supporting housemate that I mentioned a couple of posts above loves to bring this one up :p

EDIT: @Kyoufu, Where are you actually from? I've wondered this for a while, especially with your big Newcastle support.
EDIT2: And if it's not from around the North East, why Newcastle?

When we moved from Iran to England we lived in Newcastle for a few years. At the time I was only 6 so I didn't follow football. Fast forward a few years later when we moved south to Watford, into Secondary School at around the age of 12 when I started watching football. My friends were Arsenal/Man United fans but I chose to support Newcastle as a random "I used to live there lol" selection. Fell in love with Shearer and the rest of the team. Good times.

Eh, I'm still not too confident on our chances of mounting a decent title challenge. Our strikeforce is reliant on an inconsistent Torres and our defence can be leaky at times. If we play like we did against Arsenal however, we might have a chance.

Well you're going to land at least one trophy for sure. That squad is insane!

Cindres

When we moved from Iran to England we lived in Newcastle for a few years. At the time I was only 6 so I didn't follow football. Fast forward a few years later when we moved south to Watford, into Secondary School at around the age of 12 when I started watching football. My friends were Arsenal/Man United fans but I chose to support Newcastle as a random "I used to live there lol" selection. Fell in love with Shearer and the rest of the team. Good times.!

Ahh! I like it.

After Saturday I'm very glad you didn't fall into supporting Watford :p

Arnie

I don't even think you were that good against Arsenal, despite the result. I've said it all season, but for me you aren't playing anywhere near well enough to suggest a credible title challenge, but equally consistently you've been picking up results in an industrious fashion.

Even Arsenal seemed to have burnt themselves out prior to the game, and couldn't produce any sort of deadly form during the match. Some time soon you have to come up against a team that not only plays nice football but buries their chances.

When we moved from Iran to England we lived in Newcastle for a few years. At the time I was only 6 so I didn't follow football. Fast forward a few years later when we moved south to Watford, into Secondary School at around the age of 12 when I started watching football. My friends were Arsenal/Man United fans but I chose to support Newcastle as a random "I used to live there lol" selection. Fell in love with Shearer and the rest of the team. Good times.

Well you're going to land at least one trophy for sure. That squad is insane!

So why did you decide to 'leave' football until Cabaye came along? :p

FuturusX

Can't wait for Liverpool v Udinese on Thursday. Once again we'll see some more of our exciting youngsters, and we'll most probably put in a good performance. Being a Liverpool fan is so strange at the moment, we're botching results left, right, and centre, but we're so good to watch.

Hopefully we can keep our momentum going into Stoke.

This is exactly how it is supposed to be under a new philosophy in a rebuilding era. Now if we didn't botch the striker situation...

Arnie

This is exactly how it is supposed to be under a new philosophy in a rebuilding era. Now if we didn't botch the striker situation...

Great point was made, though: would you rather have Clint Dempsey, at 29, or see Suso develop and enjoy time in the first team which would subsequently see him sign a new contract?

I know what I'd prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom