• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Agaaaaaain ? C'mon son!

Haha just kidding, have a safe trip.

Not sure what to expect from tonight. I would be happy with an 1:0.

Thanks. trip went well, but what do I have to read when I finally get online?

i really hope they learn from that :/ fucking crosses all the time. unless its a counter attack we cannot cross for shit. but they still try :/

and what the fuck is wrong with our corners? we had like 12 today. last season we had more than 80 and only scored once.

i think we had 20 corners in the final alone :/ and of course... who scored with the first corner ? chelseeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa.

Seriously Bayern has the worst corners in all of Europe (1st and 2nd division). But i think they really missed Gomez today, he would've manhandled their defenders. Yeah Mandzukic kept as afloat so far, but he just isnt as valuable as Gomez is to the team. I mean how many times did Gomez score out of nowhere against crap teams in last years CL. :(

All very irritating. But maybe it was a defeat at the right time. I still think we're gonna go through the group (as first), that's what counts for now.

dc89

So I have a white PSP Go which sits around and does nothing now seeing as I have a Vita (yup, I buy all the best handhelds) and I've been thinking about putting some custom firmware on it.

Anyone here have expierience with this kind of thing?

Clegg

Nearly 42,000 posts, Salazar?

And you're actually posting a bit less on footy gaf than you used to.

Thats good going.

Clegg

I've just heard a rumour:

Hernandez and £12m for Robert Lewandowski.

Now it sounds like a load of guff but still.....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Juventus have declared Vidal as nontransferable in light of interest from United & Bayern"

Interest in October?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've just heard a rumour:

Hernandez and £12m for Robert Lewandowski.

Now it sounds like a load of guff but still.....

Being brutally honest, Hernandez isn't going to get any better. He's a good poacher but his all round game is pretty shoddy, even Defoe is a more complete player. I can see why Fergie would want rid.

pappe

Being brutally honest, Hernandez isn't going to get any better. He's a good poacher but his all round game is pretty shoddy, even Defoe is a more complete player. I can see why Fergie would want rid.

Hernandez's first touch is horrible and SAF wants players with excellent first touch.

I was also not very impressed by him last night. Same with Cleverley. I dont think Cleverley is gonna turn out to be that world beater every1 is hoping. I know it sounds crazy but i would have loved to see Kagawa play in Cleverleys position last night.

Kenka

Evilore is not going anywhere, guys. He will probably extend his contract with Dortmund if more players like Reus are hired by the club.

Clegg

Hernandez's first touch is horrible and SAF wants players with excellent first touch.

I was also not very impressed by him last night. Same with Cleverley. I dont think Cleverley is gonna turn out to be that world beater every1 is hoping. I know it sounds crazy but i would have loved to see Kagawa play in Cleverleys position last night.

Cleverley had a very good game imo.

Worked hard in defence, passed the ball around well and had a lovely assist for RVP which he really should have scored.

Evilore is not going anywhere, guys. He will probably extend his contract with Dortmund if more players like Reus are hired by the club.

Either Lewandowski will go or Lewandowski's agent will go after this season.

That dude wants Lewandowski gone as quick as possible, would be the biggest achievement of this season if he signed a new contract with that agent.

20121003-bd5s34b8n1k88sq6sjws2wj65r.jpg

Or

20121003-xcyeun6bu9q4n8xjjip663knha.jpg

Or

xcSjf.png

What do you think guys?

Salazar

I know it sounds crazy but i would have loved to see Kagawa play in Cleverleys position last night.

I get you. I think Clev did alright. Some passing was off, but he chased well, moved it around pretty well considering the lack of width, made at least one chance RVP probably should have buried.

Edit: beaten by Clegg.

Ando strolling around the pitch for the last third of the game is nowhere near good enough. Apart from anything, when he does get the ball he tries to get up to speed too quickly, and overhits it.

I get you. I think Clev did alright. Some passing was off, but he chased well, moved it around pretty well considering the lack of width, made at least one chance RVP probably should have buried.

Ando strolling around the pitch for the last third of the game is nowhere near good enough.

Lack of effort, or fitness?

How much money do you reckon you guys have wasted his gen by buying games well before you have the chance to to play them, and then playing them when they're far cheaper than they were when you got them. I must have wasted well over £200 I reckon. Could have got a 360 for that :p

ACII:B time

Clegg

Lack of effort, or fitness?

How much money do you reckon you guys have wasted his gen by buying games well before you have the chance to to play them, and then playing them when they're far cheaper than they were when you got them. I must have wasted well over £200 I reckon. Could have got a 360 for that :p

ACII:B time

Definitely fitness.

Ando works hard most of the time when he has the ball. he's always making himself available for the pass and he looks to bomb forward with the ball too.

Then he gets knackered with twenty minutes to go and starts getting very sloppy.

pappe

Edit: beaten by Clegg.

Ando strolling around the pitch for the last third of the game is nowhere near good enough. Apart from anything, when he does get the ball he tries to get up to speed too quickly, and overhits it.

Yea Ando does tire too early but imo Cleveley just doesnt have the vision or the passing ability which would help us out. I want to believe that Kagawa or Scholes would have really ripped open the opposition when they would have had the ball in his positions.

I think its fitness too but I also think thats the best we can expect to get out of him. 60-70 mins a match.

I'd go low odds with this accumulator

Arsenal real and psg at 6/1 ain't bad and would return £30 each plus stake

PSG is away at Porto right? I doubt they would be able to beat Porto.

Probable line-up for tonight vs Zenith: Abbiati; Abate-Bonera-Zapata-Antonini; De Jong-Montolivo; Emanuelson-Boateng-El Shaarawy; Pazzini.

I'd like to see Bojan some more, Ema showed that he's far from being in good shape. Not so confident about tonight, pretty sure we'll see Zenith win 3-1.

PowderedToast

So I have a white PSP Go which sits around and does nothing now seeing as I have a Vita (yup, I buy all the best handhelds) and I've been thinking about putting some custom firmware on it.

Anyone here have expierience with this kind of thing?

yep, it's extremely easy. can't find links now (in work) but it takes about 5 minutes to hack a go. worth doing.

Linius

Looking forward to tonight's game against Real Madrid. Don't think we'll stand any chance, but I hope we can make a draw out of it :p

At least Messi warned us for their fast counters. Thanks you Lionel!

Kenka

Either Lewandowski will go or Lewandowski's agent will go after this season.
That dude wants Lewandowski gone as quick as possible, would be the biggest achievement of this season if he signed a new contract with that agent.
I wish he took the decision to not push for a transfer (the agent). Lewa is a fantastic striker and BVB needs him if they want to go on expanding their squad into a powerhouse.

Dortmund can be better in the CL, they are top 5 material in Europe when they all give their best. I hope it will show this season, and tonight, already.

ElyrionX

I only caught the second half of last night's match. Thought Cleverley and Anderson had a decent game. Lots of quick sharp passes and decent off the ball movement. Would have been nice to see how they would work with Scholes behind/between them or Kagawa ahead of them. Hernandez had a really poor game, IMO. He did almost nothing of note.

FootballFan

Looking forward to tonight's game against Real Madrid. Don't think we'll stand any chance, but I hope we can make a draw out of it :p

At least Messi warned us for their fast counters. Thanks you Lionel!

Hopefully for you guys, Madrid are too focused on El Clasico and slip up against you. Otherwise, if they are fully focused on beating Ajax then I don't see it ending well for you :(

Wasn't feeling the tactics last night.

The set up against Newcastle was much better. Last night was too narrow. I'd like us to try a similar formation going forwards. The back four, Fletcher sitting, two midfielder players but only one of Scholes/Carrick - so either Cleverley, Anderson or even Kagawa there speeding things up and getting us on the front foot. And then a front three where RVP plays through the middle and we have Rooney and Kagawa drifting and starting out wide to stretch things.

No idea if that makes sense but that's how I'd like to see us play.

One thing's for sure. No more 442. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom