• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

That low? Eriksen and Sulejmani are not playing tonight?

Yeah of the players we bought, so in this case Eriksen is worth 1,5m.

Tonight:

-----------------Vermeer----------------
Van Rhijn-Alderweireld-Moisander-Blind
------------------Poulsen-----------------
De jong---------------------Eriksen
Sana---------Babel------Boerrigter

Clegg

Wasn't feeling the tactics last night.

The set up against Newcastle was much better. Last night was too narrow. I'd like us to try a similar formation going forwards. The back four, Fletcher sitting, two midfielder players but only one of Scholes/Carrick - so either Cleverley, Anderson or even Kagawa there speeding things up and getting us on the front foot. And then a front three where RVP plays through the middle and we have Rooney and Kagawa drifting and starting out wide to stretch things.

No idea if that makes sense but that's how I'd like to see us play.

One thing's for sure. No more 442. Please.

Last night was still an improvement over the shite we witnessed on Saturday. Cluj aren't as good as Spurs but still...

Our midfield was mobile and direct. Also offered a bit of cover for defence too. Now watch us revert back to wingers and a two man midfield for the Newcastle game.

What does Evra have over SAF that guarantees his selection every game. He's shite ffs. It''s gotten beyond a joke now.

Cuddler

It's transfer money Ajax paid, not market value I'm guessing. And Sulejmani isn't playing, he's injured for several months. Otherwise he would be good 16,25 million euros. Most expensive Ajax transfer ever.

Think he means what they bought their players for, not their sales value.

Yeah of the players we bought, so in this case Eriksen is worth 1,5m.
Oh, sorry, thanks for the clarification, makes more sense now.
Will the Anderlecht-Malaga game be good or will it be total shit? Never seen those teams play.
Probably good, Isco (Malaga player) is really good.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
This is quite funny. Mike Tyson was granted a temporary visa to enter New Zealand with despite his rape conviction. John Key, nz prime minister, disapproved of the decision and now immigration have changed their mind and Mike Tyson is not allowed into New Zealand anymore.

damn I guess thats that for visiting you :(

Splatt

gifs_08.gif

Salazar

What does Evra have over SAF that guarantees his selection every game. He's shite ffs. It''s gotten beyond a joke now.

I'm convinced it's at least half-deliberate, the way he makes himself irrelevant and useless when the ball is in his corner.

Büttner deserves the chance to show that he's willing to try and inhibit crosses.

I wish he took the decision to not push for a transfer (the agent). Lewa is a fantastic striker and BVB needs him if they want to go on expanding their squad into a powerhouse.

Dortmund can be better in the CL, they are top 5 material in Europe when they all give their best. I hope it will show this season, and tonight, already.
No way. We could certainly beat most teams in Europe if everyone gave their best on that day, but I wouldn't put us anywhere close to the top5 (I guess: Chelsea, Real, Barca, Bayern & Utd.)

Hopefully it happens for the sake of Chicharito. Dortmund is a great team.
Some 15m euros + Chicharito is not bad at all! We lack a typical poacher like him and yeah, Klopp could bend him into shape.
I feel like Schieber can become quite the Lewandowski himself. He already shows some glimpses of quality when plucking down long passes or shielding the ball.
But I'd rather we renewed with Lewa :|

Having said that I hope Lewandowski feels like he's doing a job interview today (= play extra well) and we can clinch a draw.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Looking forward to tonight's game against Real Madrid. Don't think we'll stand any chance, but I hope we can make a draw out of it :p

At least Messi warned us for their fast counters. Thanks you Lionel!

Barça fans are cheerng for you all over the world!

Wish there was cross platform on fifa so our pc team could kick you 360 players ass, especially you Andres. ♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Wish there was cross platform on fifa so our pc team could kick you 360 players ass, especially you Andres. ♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤

lol
I would destroy you baby

Slizz beat me up but it is elsks fault for the haircut shit

me and Slizz been playing for years lol

Arjen

My first Championsleague match tonight, pretty excited even if there's only a small change we will tie or win tonight.

Slizz

lol
I would destroy you baby

Slizz beat me up but it is elsks fault for the haircut shit

me and Slizz been playing for years lol

Yea buddy. I beat you with United cause I took Evra out and put the future best LB ever; Buttner in. He actually was my MOTM for that game against Barca lol.

Then Ibra went 3 for 3, 3 shots, 3 goals by the 20th min in the last game lol.

dc89

Trying to understand betting and accumulators and all that bollocks.

So for example City and Dortmund - both teams to score is 8/15. What does that mean lol!

Is that a good bet or not? I'm a total noob.

I got bored half-way during AC 1. Bought 2 the year after and got bored half-way through that too. I think I'm done with the series.

Clegg

Trying to understand betting and accumulators and all that bollocks.

So for example City and Dortmund - both teams to score is 8/15. What does that mean lol!

Is that a good bet or not? I'm a total noob.

If you put 15 quid on City to score first you'll only get 8 quid in winnings.

Not a good bet at all.

Kyoufu

Even dc1200 is getting in on the betting fun.

We've turned Footy-GAF into a wifebeater vest wearing, scruffy bearded, Fosters beer drinking shithole.

dc89

We've turned Footy-GAF into a wifebeater vest wearing, scruffy bearded, Fosters beer drinking shithole.

Lol the only football bet I have ever placed was the group accumulator and technically I didn't even place it!

I've never bet on anything because I don't really understand it.

You missed the remote control selotaped to the fag-burned, manky old armchair while watching Jeremy Kyle on a CRT from the early 90s

@dc, neither do I. Bit of fun if you have disposable income, bad habit to get into if it becomes an obsession

Az

Got the day off so hoping to catch some games today. It might be just me but gifs haven't been working right for me on GAF lately.

Wessiej

Zenit Sint-Petersburg-AC Milan 0-0
Arsenal-Olympiakos Piraeus 1-0
Dinamo Kiev-Dinamo Zagreb 3-1
FC Porto-Paris Saint-Germain 1-2
Schalke 04-Montpellier 2-0
Anderlecht-Málaga 0-1
Manchester City-Borussia Dortmund 3-1
Ajax-Real Madrid 1-1

Mighty Boosh is so fucking good.

'Well bite my radius, ladius. You've been a great crowd!'

'I'll hunt you down'
'I'd like to see you try, with the body of a snake and the balls of a chimp'

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yea buddy. I beat you with United cause I took Evra out and put the future best LB ever; Buttner in. He actually was my MOTM for that game against Barca lol.

Then Ibra went 3 for 3, 3 shots, 3 goals by the 20th min in the last game lol.

you were impressive no doubt. fuck you bitch tho lol

qindarka

Banned
Do any of you actually win money from sports gambling? Surely the odds not being in your favour would result in losses in the long run.

Do any of you actually win money from sports gambling? Surely the odds not being in your favour would result in losses in the long run.

I'm up a huge amount from all the transfer betting this summer. Also Kean being sacked and a few accumulators I've placed have come off.

I actually dislike the idea, but I'm good at it. If you don't know what you're doing then it's not a good idea. Also know your limits and don't put on what you can't afford to lose. Just follow someone like Chasing Profit if you want to make a few quid.

Mastadon

Banned

I'm up overall, but slightly down this season so far. Got a few bets for tonight lined up which should help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom