• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perisic's problem is that he has all the talent you need: good headers, good crosses, good finishing, etc. But he's like an attacking version of Großkreutz. Awesome on a good day, doesn't do shit on a bad day.

I use to think it's the problem with his attitude...But I've come to realize he just can't defend(even when he tries)....I'm not losing hope tho...I still consider him a very talented player(not on par with Reus & Gotze of course, but on the same level of Lewandowski, better than Kuba and the rest....Just my opinion)

Mmmm

20121004-c3dkq31u5kmtjbtfsdnnwshhr.jpg

Who wants to go down the rabbit hole with me one last time?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Balo took that shit like a BAUSE

<3 Balo

Looking forward to Europa league tomorrow.

damn,

PSV vs Napoli
Atletico vs Viktoria
Liverpool vs Udinese

shit all late games but I'll get to see bilbao

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Oh you know you will be watching the exciting Copenhagen game somewhere in Romania.

lol

I think we helped to knock Denmark out of the top 10, even though you have the best striker in the world...

Willkiller said:
Just literally started watching Homeland, about 15 mins in (had to pause to take a call). Already having my doubts though.

Bout to start that too. I'm so behind on tv though it's fucking ridiculous. My dvr is so packed

dc89

Lets be real:

you should already be getting ready for europa league

If City actually show up there is no reason why we can't beat Ajax one and away, beat Real Madrid and get a result against Dortmund, maybe another draw.

My only worry is we drew one of our home games last time around and then won the other two. One against a weakened Bayern team. I'm already seeing the potential comparisons to this seasons campaign.

jtb

Banned
If City actually show up there is no reason why we can't beat Ajax one and away, beat Real Madrid and get a result against Dortmund, maybe another draw.

My only worry is we drew one of our home games last time around and then won the other two. One against a weakened Bayern team. I'm already seeing the potential comparisons to this seasons campaign.

Yup, namely that Mancini is still shit.

Grim1ock

Banned
One thing to take from today's game that Klopp and his players 100% nailed is how to deal with Yaya Toure. They blitzed him. Anytime he got on the ball they converged on him 2/3/4 players on the spot right away.

Never let him settle on the ball or gather up a head of steam and it worked to perfection.

Ahahaha

What we have hear is a yaya who has really honed his attacking skills at the expense of his defensive abilities. Manici really hindered his defensive skills

when he played for barca, you had sometimes 3 or 4 players converging and he would ease his way through either a sweet through ball, a deft touch a nice turn or a one two with iniesta.

Nowadays he justs passes the ball right away if he pressed in his own half.

This is a new yaya. He gained some but lost some too and tonight his barcelona game deserted him

Slizz

Man you posted 2 pages ago that you are 'pretty sure' you're out. You know whats coming.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Look on the bright side, maybe you can get Pep next season

-with peps style and kompany and hart at the back you would just murder people

dc89

Man you posted 2 pages ago that you are 'pretty sure' you're out. You know whats coming.

Like Residnt Evil 6 I turn to hope...

Look on the bright side, maybe you can get Pep next season

-with peps style and kompany and hart at the back you would just murder people

Mourinho incoming. United will get Hughes or Moyes instead.

Pep is a quitter. Hart is a shit keeper. Kompany got a weird skull, but i admire the shape of it.

If Hart's shit it says a lot about the other 19 keepers in the league.

G'night everyone, I'll reply in the morning if anyone comes at me!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City can still get second place in the group but they have to fight more. They seem easily rattled these days, I never thought the goal would come tonight, unlike when I watch United and Chelsea. Mancini needs to stop fucking around with his defense as well.

Fintan

Just saw highlights of Toronto FC vs New York Red Bulls. Thierry Henry still a classy player. Got 3 assists and a great goal.

Hmm, in one of the worst case scenarios for Dortmund where all games will be lost up until the last vs. City we could still have a decent chance to advance:

day3:
Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid
Ajax Amsterdam - Manchester City

day4:
Manchester City - Ajax Amsterdam
Real Madrid - Borussia Dortmund

day5:
Manchester City - Real Madrid
Ajax Amsterdam - Borussia Dortmund

Code:
1. Real: 15
2. City: 7
3. Dortmund: 4
4. Ajax: 3

day6:
Borussia Dortmund - Manchester City
Real Madrid - Ajax Amsterdam

Code:
1. Real: 18
2. Dortmund: 7 (direct comparison)
3. City: 7

fuenf

Hmm, in one of the worst case scenarios for Dortmund where all games will be lost up until the last vs. City we could still have a decent chance to advance:

day3:
Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid
Ajax Amsterdam - Manchester City

day4:
Manchester City - Ajax Amsterdam
Real Madrid - Borussia Dortmund

day5:
Manchester City - Real Madrid
Ajax Amsterdam - Borussia Dortmund

Code:
1. Real: 15
2. City: 7
3. Dortmund: 4

day6:
Borussia Dortmund - Manchester City
Real Madrid - Ajax Amsterdam

Code:
1. Real: 18
2. Dortmund: 7 (direct comparison)
3. City: 7

yeah i fancy you chances, hope Dortmund pulls through. Easily Germany's most exciting team. Although i wouldnt bet on Madrid winning in Manchester and City not screwing things up against Arsenal.

Clegg

Just watched Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I've read the book so I knew what to expect. But I was still surprised when Rooney Mara dropped her undies to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom