• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyed Petrucci isn't getting a shot yet at United. He looked a really exciting player in pre-season.

Our teams exciting as ever. This feels like an NFL transition season in that I know we've got a really young, inexperienced team that will only get better with time.

Only when you finish bottom in the NFL you get #1 draft pick the next season, whereas when you finish bottom in SOCCER you get relegated and get to visit Blackburn on a Friday Night.

Clegg

Annoyed Petrucci isn't getting a shot yet at United. He looked a really exciting player in pre-season.

Our teams exciting as ever. This feels like an NFL transition season in that I know we've got a really young, inexperienced team that will only get better with time.

I have a bad feeling about Petrucci. He's missed 18 months of development due to injury. He's 20 now and he may have to leave United if he wants to get games.

I think he'll turn out to be a good player, but I'm not sure he'd get the opportunities at United.

Had an email asking me to ring the head of commercial amd marketing at Rovers but I have no idea why

Had to leave a message so I await a call back

Random

Welbeck on the left, Cleverley on the right.

Get ready.

edit: we joke, but Sky have us down as 4-4-2... Fletcher on the right.

I'm getting Atletico flashbacks.

So, maybe:

------Anderson---Clevgod
Fletcher----Rooney-----Welbeck
------------Chicharito

?

Not that bad. But Sky is hardly gospel.

WJD

I'm getting Atletico flashbacks.

So, maybe:

------Anderson---Clevgod
Fletcher----Rooney-----Welbeck
------------Chicharito

?

Not that bad. But Sky is hardly gospel.

I hope not, but it would make sense to ease Fletcher back via the right wing, as opposed to sticking him in the middle straight away I suppose.

Arnie

Only when you finish bottom in the NFL you get #1 draft pick the next season, whereas when you finish bottom in SOCCER you get relegated and get to visit Blackburn on a Friday Night.
Friday night lights.
Had an email asking me to ring the head of commercial amd marketing at Rovers but I have no idea why

Had to leave a message so I await a call back

Random
Congratulations on the new job.

near

Gold Member
Agreed. I think the pressure of playing competitive games for a top 4 side is weighing on him a bit. He scored two cracking goals in preseason and set up a couple more.

I'm hoping he picks up form sooner rather than later, otherwise he'll fall down the pecking order and that'll be no good since he is our only real set-piece taker. When we took him off against QPR and pushed Vert to LB and allowed Bale back into he's position it changed our game. A couple more risks like that and I don't think AVB will gamble on him starting too often. I like him alot though so here's to hoping he can prove himself. :p

Hieberrr

HAMBURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!! Holy crap, seconds from half time
KuGsj.gif

Plasma

Banned
Only way to listen to the Arsenal game is through Arsenal Player and it is currently silent, great job guys.

EDIT: Up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom