• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
De Gea, Vermijl, M Keane, Wootton, Buttner, Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson, Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito

subs: Johnstone, Evans, Powell, Tunnicliffe, King, Lingard, Brady

Complete change at the back. Rest of the team looks strong.

Scholes and Carrick to start in midfield on Saturday, then?

jtb

Banned
Cudicini in goal for Spurs, Gomes on the bench. Lloris must be pissed.

Cudicini, Smith, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen Townsend, Sigurdsson, Huddlestone, Mason, Falque & Dempsey

subs: Gomes, Lennon, Defoe, Walker, Sandro, Obika and Carroll. #COYS

That's odd. AVB's famed man management strikes again, I guess. Pretty strong team otherwise.

Scholes and Carrick to start in midfield on Saturday, then?
Could be. Neither Cleverley or Anderson have played for 2 weeks though so they should be more than capable to play tonight and then on the weekend.

I reckon Scholes will be rested. 3 games in the last week and will probably be saved for the CL.

pappe

De Gea, Vermijl, M Keane, Wootton, Buttner, Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson, Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito

4-3-3!! Nice I will definitely watch this.
Or maybe 4-2-3-1 either ways love the look of the attack.

Ushojax

That's odd. AVB's famed man management strikes again, I guess. Pretty strong team otherwise.

Maybe Hugo will play against United. AVB made a big deal about giving everybody a chance and this might be a good way to get Carlo in the shop window for a loan to the Championship.

Ushojax

First league match against United? That isn't a smart move.

Lloris is one of the best keepers in the world and has played many top teams in the CL abd for the national side. Hes not some kid.

Clegg

A three man midfield.

Maybe Frogie is finally trying to adapt his tactics.

Hope this goes well.

Great to see Fletcher getting a start.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marca's saying Real Madrids after Vidal.

Unsure how I feel about this.

Fuck it, Juventus needs him way more. BACK OFF MOU :mad:
The club and the player himself said no in the summer. We're not a 'selling' club.
Unless they decide to pay 70m?

He's on a looong contract and I'm quite sure he's enjoying his godly status in Torino. Besides, I doubt Mou is staying with Madrid next season.

Yen

Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi, Yesil.

Gulacsi, Sama, Suso, Sterling, Wilson, Coady, Sinclair

Kyoufu

This is going to be................................................

.................. interesting

I'm not expecting a win here...

Good to see Fergie wrapping Evans in cotton wool. It's basically him and Rio. Again. Wootton might get his shot on any away CL leg too, although I'm sure Carrick will replace no-flight Rio in defence when the time comes. Every fucking season. It's insane.

Given Fletcher, Anderson and Rooney are unlikely to run out the entire game, I expect Powell, Tunnicliffe and Brady to get some minutes.

Otherwise, keen to witness Buttner go haywire.

elsk

Banned
Haha, Hoffenheim winning already. Surely Bruno will be the first coach to be sacked.

edit: did Leon Andreasen got injured?!

Looking forwards to seeing this young back line. Michael Keane has been really really good at youth level. I can see him stepping upto the first team over the next couple of years, this is his first test. Vermijl has been really solid too, I've been surprised that Veseli has had chances ahead of him.

Plenty of youth on the bench too. Want to see Lingard and Powell come on. Not fussed about Tunnicliffe he isn't going to be good enough.

Where's Janujaz at these days. Not seen him in the U21's league and he has been moved up from the U18's already.

dc89

Ushojax

lol Spurs

He was their best player.

He was a great player, no doubt, but not our best. He scored some great goals but he only ever lasted an hour, took terrible set plays and was often injured. I think Gylfi and Clint will match his 11 goals from last season between them. I'll miss his Dutch class, though.

Fry

He was a great player, no doubt, but not our best. He scored some great goals but he only ever lasted an hour, took terrible set plays and was often injured. I think Gylfi and Clint will match his 11 goals from last season between them.

I should've said he was your best player from last season. But Bale and Modric were also playing in a high level of football, so it's hard to make this call not being a Tottenham fan.

He was pretty amazing when fit, unfortunately he walked out of many matches because of injuries. I guess it wasn't a bad deal selling him, especially because he'll be 30 next year.

Clegg

I like the idea of us playing 4-3-3.

But I have a bad feeling that Frogie will force some players out wide so we'd still be playing a 4-4-2 without any genuine wingers.

Hieberrr

lol Spurs

He was their best player.
I can't believe they let this guy go O__O
EDIT: Ah, I see that he's injury prone.

DerZuhälter;42568475 said:
Beautiful goal... apparently he is truly singlehandedly changing the HSV's season prospect..
Eh, I know it has only been a few matches, but Hamburg isn't looking so good points wise. Although they look like they are playing pretty wel lagainst Gladbach.

LMFAO, Nurnberg...

near

Gold Member
Gylfi will come good. Player of the season at both his previous clubs. He's still a young man.

I think he's having a hard time adapting to the system at the moment though, with the addition of Dembele and Clint. During pre-season he looked ready.

WJD

I like the idea of us playing 4-3-3.

But I have a bad feeling that Frogie will force some players out wide so we'd still be playing a 4-4-2 without any genuine wingers.

Welbeck on the left, Cleverley on the right.

Get ready.

edit: we joke, but Sky have us down as 4-4-2... Fletcher on the right.

Ushojax

I think he's having a hard time adapting to the system at the moment though, with the addition of Dembele and Clint. During pre-season he looked ready.

Agreed. I think the pressure of playing competitive games for a top 4 side is weighing on him a bit. He scored two cracking goals in preseason and set up a couple more.

Arnie

Annoyed Petrucci isn't getting a shot yet at United. He looked a really exciting player in pre-season.

Our teams exciting as ever. This feels like an NFL transition season in that I know we've got a really young, inexperienced team that will only get better with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom