• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Also City's first clean sheet of the season this weekend

4-0 to them. We are due a tonking, they are due a performance.

Wes Brown nearly fit!! I give him 2 weeks before he breaks his cock.

Pretty sure Fletcher is going to shine his boot up real nice, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up Joe Hart's CANDY ASS!

Has anyone seen that KSIOlidajebt or whatever on youtube? Some of his videos are fucking hilarious. Especially the ones called "being awkward in public"

Oh he also plays Fifa and cries about Arsenal. If you're into that whole football thing.
Yeah he's awesome. He Skyped Frimprong :lol

Anderson

Nice Gibbs made it into the squad, if he keeps improving, he'll be a good long term replacement for cole. He may a huge JT but Cole is one of the best LB's in the world on his day

I've never cashed In early but it is handy if you are unsure about the last game

Hitch

Tomato soup plus Mexican cheese sandwhich

I try to keep my daily bread intake to 4 slices, taht would require 8 for a greedy-guts like me :p

@Kyoufu, I fucking wish I had leftover Papa John's. next Wednesday, perhaps
Two for Tuesday, fuck yeah

Nice Gibbs made it into the squad, if he keeps improving, he'll be a good long term replacement for cole. He may a huge JT but Cole is one of the best LB's in the world on his day

Him and Jenkinson have been brilliant this season, I'd say they've been our best players so far. Gibbs and Baines will be backups to Cole, can't see anyone else challenging,

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Him and Jenkinson have been brilliant this season, I'd say they've been our best players so far. Gibbs and Baines will be backups to Cole, can't see anyone else challenging,

Bertrand will probably end up a better defender than Gibbs.

Kyoufu

Just eat three slices of mexicana cheese. Forget the bread.

A good bread substitute if you're looking to eat cheese:

6WVnw.jpg

I have it with cheddar. Good stuff.

Anzhi V Young Boys, Neftci Baku V Inter Milan & Basel V Genk @ 9/2 Betfred - High Stakes

Liverpool V Udinese, PSV V Napoli & Steaua Bucuresti v Kobenhavn @ 9/2 Betfred - High Stakes

All 6 games @ 28/1 Low Stakes

Anzhi, Newcastle, Basel, Lazio & Metalist @ 10/1 Medium Stakes

Anzhi, Newcastle, Basel, Athletico Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio, Twente & Metalist @ 70/1 Low Stakes

Over 2.5 goals in these games:

Sparta Prague v Athletic Bilbao
Helsingborg V Twente
Sparta Prague v Athletic Bilbao
PSV Eindhoven v Napoli

Odds are 8/1 Medium Stakes

Time for a bit of a footballing debate

Why is Roberto Mancini so clueless in Europe?

No matter who they play, the team he puts out, what stadium they're playing in, his teams fail to consistently play their own game, usually being dominated and failing to impress. Throughout his time at Inter he was plagued with early exits to teams he was expected to at least challenge, and he's seemingly carried that on at City despite his budget of £330million (ballpark)

Is it a lack of preparation? He has the experience to know what kind of matches to expect. So is he simply failing to do the requisite research in exploiting his opponents weaknesses, and negating their strengths? Is he failing to motivate his players to the point where they realise that you don't often get second chances in Europe? Is he putting too much faith in his players' ability to win without instruction? Is he banking on his defense, and hoping to win with an odd goal or two?

It just doesn't make sense. Just because there's a song that plays before kick off, there's no reason for his teams to perform so poorly with the calibre of player at his disposal.

Time for a bit of a footballing debate

Why is Roberto Mancini so clueless in Europe?

No matter who they play, the team he puts out, what stadium they're playing in, his teams fail to consistently play their own game, usually being dominated and failing to impress. Throughout his time at Inter he was plagued with early exits to teams he was expected to at least challenge, and he's seemingly carried that on at City despite his budget of £330million (ballpark)

Is it a lack of preparation? He has the experience to know what kind of matches to expect. So is he simply failing to do the requisite research in exploiting his opponents weaknesses, and negating their strengths? Is he failing to motivate his players to the point where they realise that you don't often get second chances in Europe? Is he putting too much faith in his players' ability to win without instruction? Is he banking on his defense, and hoping to win with an odd goal or two?

It just doesn't make sense. Just because there's a song that plays before kick off, there's no reason for his teams to perform so poorly with the calibre of player at his disposal.
I think he's relying too much on the individual quality of his players. In the PL that can work because City's players are so much better than most others that they get enough time on the ball to work up their magic. In the CL the opposition is a far better quality and prepare much better to deal with City's threat and Dortmund stopped City high up the pitch. City never really worked out a way to get Silva, Nasri, Aguero and co into the game. Those players don't really have defined roles in the side and generally float about being creative. I think in Europe, City need to be more disciplined and get control of games. That means sacrificing the freedom of some players.

dc89

City started well last night but didn't take their chances.

Rodwell should not have come on. It should have been Barry or even JM7 for his work rate. He'd have added something extra in my opinion.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Whilst this is a valiant attempt

I clearly asked for a cat with a beard of Ron Simmons

This is Ron Simmons with a beard of cats

Nice burrito though

I do need a change though I hate my current censored Ron and I can't find the original and best Ron

lol

Damn!

-Hitcher only 2 posts back? you busy while I slept bro

D_prOdigy

Welbeck still shouldn't be getting England call-ups just yet, IMO. He's still so raw.

Lambert would have been a better 4th choice. Maybe even Hooper.

Arnie

Just seen Gundogan's age, nationality, and the date he joined Dortmund. Sorry Viva, the dream's over, no way he's leaving Germany to go join Powell's army.

On the topic of pizza I just ate two cold slices of dominos in a lecture. Washed it down with a peach Ice Tea.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Welbeck still shouldn't be getting England call-ups just yet, IMO. He's still so raw.

Crouch should be in this squad. I don't see how Carroll gets in there ahead of him, given his injury status.

Hodgsons use of forwards strikes me as being very simplistic, although he doesn't have much choice tbf. You've got your poaching all-rounder in Rooney, your pacey little finisher in Defoe, your long-ball receiver in Carroll and your jack-of-all-trades in Welbeck.

@Arnie,you can't buy Lipton's in Maidenhead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom