• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF4Xi.jpg
Quoted for size

Guys me mind is full of fuck

I have just learnt in OT in the roach thread that a lot of Americans boil their water in a microwave, my mind can't comprehend this madness

Meier

I have just learnt in OT in the roach thread that a lot of Americans boil their water in a microwave, my mind can't comprehend this madness

I think people do it solely for hot chocolate since it takes like 20 seconds and then you just toss in the powder. I don't really know of any other reason we'd boil water in the microwave here.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

I have a gas stove and use that but some times when I want some ramen I do use the microwave...

I just dont want to diaf whilst drunk :\

Soi-Fong

Depends if you want to be on your national team (assuming the player is German as is mostly the case for both of their teams). Bayern gets you on the German team, Dortmund seems like it'd be more fun due to their wealth of young talent.

Dortmund easily. It's just so hard to hate the team. A lot of home-grown players and the club doesn't immediately resort to buying up all talent. Plus Klopp is a genius.

elsk

Banned
Seattle's is definitely the biggest -- usually they limit the seating there to something like 40k I believe. They share a stadium with the Seahawks (NFL) who obviously get much better attendance typically.

I just don't like that kind of american stadiums, but most teams in MLS are building football dedicated stadiums that actually look great with a much better atmosphere.

We sure are playing a team with a interesting owner today

Becali has received an award for being the most homophobic person in Romania, has called a black television presenter 'an ape' and has admitted that he is 'not a civilised man'.
A right-wing Christian, he has said he will create special neighbourhoods where homosexuals can live so that they do not disturb the rest of the population. He has a strong xenophobic streak and seems to hate Hungarians, having recently said that the top-flight team Cluj should not be allowed to play in the Romanian league because they have an owner with Hungarian background.
"I will play only religious songs before the matches, because I'm the one who pays and this is the way I like it. I will take out the song We Will Rock You. Why play that song? So the players kill each other? Whoever wants to hear devil's music should not come to my stadium" - Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali outlines his playlist reforms at the Stadion Ghencea.
Best club owner (2009): Steaua Bucharest's Gigi Becali, April - denied charges of kidnapping three men who stole his Merc. Previous best Gigi moments: becomes billionaire; sets up far-right Christian Democrat party; pledges to "cure gays"; commissions a reproduction of the Last Supper with himself as Christ; calls a black TV presenter an "ape"; and sacks a Turkish coach for "being too Muslim".
Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, asked on live TV how he feels about Rapid Bucharest president Dinu Gheorghe making public reference to Becali's first job as a shepherd. "What? He is a filthy jerk. A fat bum. I'll force this Gypsy back up his mother. I'm tired of him, all his irony and jokes. He forces me to lose control! He's way out of line."

AndresON777

shooting blanks
kettle?

That is only when I want to feel exotic and drink sake

-so maxwell is on psg. damn we couldve used him the last couple years!

Meier

No kettles??

To be honest, mostly only old people drink tea in the US so they're pretty rare if you're younger. I don't know if I've ever seen an electric kettle sold here and regular kettles are actually kind of expensive. But like I said, I think it's relatively uncommon to just microwave water if you just want boiling water.. most people would just use a pot on the stove.

I wonder if we'll play Sahin today. He could do with the fitness and continued integration, but he might be considered one of our 'do not risk' players already.

Meier

I just don't like that kind of american stadiums, but most teams in MLS are building football dedicated stadiums that actually look great with a much better atmosphere.

Yeah, for better or for worse most of the new MLS stadiums are in the lower to mid 20s (about what they can support, but not necessarily big enough to help grow the sports revenues in the future).

My home team, Orlando City, is doing a lot of research regarding building a new stadium which would presumably help finalize them moving into the MLS. The mayor here and quite a few other government officials have traveled to a ton of MLS clubs this year with the team management to tour facilities.

elsk

Banned
I hate cats. Kill 'em.

Yeah, for better or for worse most of the new MLS stadiums are in the lower to mid 20s (about what they can support, but not necessarily big enough to help grow the sports revenues in the future).

My home team, Orlando City, is doing a lot of research regarding building a new stadium which would presumably help finalize them moving into the MLS. The mayor here and quite a few other government officials have traveled to a ton of MLS clubs this year with the team management to tour facilities.

That's great. I'm surprised there isn't a MLS team in Florida.

What is unfortunate about that? Im south american lol

Less chance for young portuguese players to get playing time. They are portuguese teams, they should have an acceptable number of portuguese players playing. Sporting is also going in the same direction but at least our B team is full of portuguese players and is currently in 2nd place on Division 2.

Rues looks more like a Rot Weiss Ahlen youth product, tho. Or even Gladbach's.
Großkreutz? Huge talent.

We loaned both of them to to Ahlen, yes. So did you with Kroos, etc.
We made the mistake of not bringing Reus back from Ahlen and payed for it.

A lot of talent left us in the dire years like Arslan to HSV because he wanted to play CL, lol
Some still leave us, because they don't trust the development or because they're assholes (like Eisfeld to Arsenal)

I hate cats. Kill 'em.

Come near my cat, and the Allianz will mysteriously burn down in the dead of night

slightly off-topic. Imagine being a nightwatchman inside your favourite stadium, with access to every gate, room and the pitch. I'd love it for a while

Linius

Last.fm introduced a new function to share your account trough social media. You can even share your Last.fm profile on last.fm!

GQman2121

Banned
Why are Apple boasting about the common sense in the bigger screen size, when its taken them 5 generations to come up with that pearl of wisdom?

People are dumb. Apple is now on cruise control because their brand is so strong. They can literally add a new letter or number to the next model and turn a record profit.

To be honest, mostly only old people drink tea in the US so they're pretty rare if you're younger. I don't know if I've ever seen an electric kettle sold here and regular kettles are actually kind of expensive. But like I said, I think it's relatively uncommon to just microwave water if you just want boiling water.. most people would just use a pot on the stove.

I don't even own a microwave. I cook popcorn on the stove in a pan and reheat food in the oven. No toaster either. I toast bread under the broiler. Microwaves are good for melting chocolate and butter. That's about it. Not worth the space they take up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom