• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Great, more Dortmund-Bayern shit slinging. I'll just see myself out.

Sunday will be fun. I'll be slinging shit at all the Man United fans here if we beat them and I'll probably still sling shit at them if we don't beat them.

then the Clasico..... yeah, you know how that will go...

Linius

Sunday will be fun. I'll be slinging shit at all the Man United fans here if we beat them and I'll probably still sling shit at them if we don't beat them.

Looking forward to the clasico.

hzT6W.jpg

Don't know how you guys call it in English, I just literally translated the term we use in Dutch :p
That's a fancy water boiler you've got there

Yeah microwaving your tea? What on earth

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Clasico will be wild

I think Ill just stay home and get smashed

'people are dying'

'what would you have me do?'

'endure'

Clasico will be wild

I think Ill just stay home and get smashed

'people are dying'

'what would you have me do?'

'endure'

Clasicos make the best threads. The Liverpool-Man Utd game had its share of controversy, and that will look like friendly compared to the Clasico, even if its a 0-0 played out in the centre-circle

@Blablurn, her schtick and internet fandom is undoubtedly annoying

GQman2121

Banned

No Puyol. Busquets, Mascherano and Fabregas playing. A fit Pepe. And Ronaldo with six goals in his last two game.

There Will Be Shit

/had to do some stuff

Great, more Dortmund-Bayern shit slinging. I'll just see myself out.

lfAxS.jpg

Playing for Bayern
+ wage, potentially around 1,5x to 2x more dough - much less of a difference for talents though

+ as someone mentioned, easier entry to the national team (the German national team) - it does somewhat depend on the current national manager, but the odds are mostly in favor of the Bayern players

+ Munich is a better city than Dortmund in most respects, however, if you account for the respective metropolitan areas: Dortmund > Munich, easily.

- as a talented player you gamble with your career when you go there because a lot of very talented players pissed away their career or had lost years in there (latest example: Usami)

- the environment is volatile and depending on the current manager you can get shafted very fast and you also have to build a relationship to the upper management because then you can basically become more powerful then the current manager, lol It's always those Munich-born players that ahieve that status - if you don't have that Hoeneß-Weißwurst-Bonus, you're more likely to fall out of favor

- the media is focused on you 24/7 and you have to put up with eccentric assholes in upper management and among your colleagues because there is no vetting for character in Bayern

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No Puyol. Busquets, Mascherano and Fabregas playing. A fit Pepe. And Ronaldo with six goals in his last two game.

There Will Be Shit

Yep but Messi, Villa, Alexis, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Tello...

Its not like we wont score once they back up the air bus...

#listwarz

severin

You know, I don't even mind most FootyGaf wars (Pool/UTD, City/UTD, Madrid/Barca). They are usually done in good spirit, and this is a forum after all. There just seems to be more petty vitriol and venom between Dortmund/Bayern fans. It gets tiresome.

Who are you?

lol, srsly?

Bo-Locks

You know, I don't even mind most FootyGaf wars (Pool/UTD, City/UTD, Madrid/Barca). They are usually done in good spirit, and this is a forum after all. There just seems to be more petty vitriol and venom between Dortmund/Bayern fans. It gets tiresome.

lol, srsly?

More vitriol than Pool/Utd?

Dude, where have you been for the last 3 weeks/decades?

Edit: Yeah, I'm talking about the rivalry, not the GAF wars. They're fine.

GQman2121

Banned
Yep but Messi, Villa, Alexis, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Tello...

Its not like we wont score once they back up the air bus...

#listwarz

Oh, I wasn't making a prediction on the outcome of the game. Only that shit will fly no matter what. A Pepe drop toe hold on Fabregas in mid field would be nice.

fuenf

Playing for Bayern
+ wage, potentially around 1,5x to 2x more dough - much less of a difference for talents though

+ as someone mentioned, easier entry to the national team (the German national team) - it does somewhat depend on the current national manager, but the odds are mostly in favor of the Bayern players

+ Munich is a better city than Dortmund in most respects, however, if you account for the respective metropolitan areas: Dortmund > Munich, easily.

- as a talented player you gamble with your career when you go there because a lot of very talented players pissed away their career or had lost years in there (latest example: Usami)

- the environment is volatile and depending on the current manager you can get shafted very fast and you also have to build a relationship to the upper management because then you can basically become more powerful then the current manager, lol It's always those Munich-born players that ahieve that status - if you don't have that Hoeneß-Weißwurst-Bonus, you're more likely to fall out of favor

- the media is focused on you 24/7 and you have to put up with eccentric assholes in upper management and among your colleagues because there is no vetting for character in Bayern

vkA5E.jpg

That's actually a pretty good summary. You might add that while it's a volatile environment, you well get paid in Munich no matter what, they wont try to get rid of you if you dont want to leave (Dortmund doesnt either to be fair).

+/- if you play in Munich you have to come to terms with BILD, if a player feeds them information everything is fine and he'll be hyped up. Otherwise things can go downhill very fast.

+/- You will win some titles, but instead of "winning" the title, it will feel more like you didnt lose it.

dc89

Adrian Durham is going to give his reasons why Hart is the best GK in the world. Dis gon be gud.

He'll have all the muppets calling in.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Oh, I wasn't making a prediction on the outcome of the game. Only that shit will fly no matter what. A Pepe drop toe hold on Fabregas in mid field would be nice.

lol my bad. I just had a litre of mountain dew Im edgy.

Jackson Martinez looks absolutely beastly. Teo Gutierrez has been good but Id throw Jackson in there against Paraguay.

lol Im like Wooden talking about Copenhagen!

Only match in the world where you actively want it to be ruined by the referee? As long as its not ruined by red cards and the like
I don't mind reds either as long as they're in the second half. Preferably latter stages.

I hope there a really obv penalty turned down or a generous one given. And I hope Busquets falls to the floor when Ronaldo inhales before his free kicks and claims Ronaldo did it on purpose to release a draught toward Biscuits which hurt his face.

Then we can invoke UNICEF.

What's the big deal anyways? We're well within the scope of this thread. Just use the ignore function if you dislike it.

That's actually a pretty good summary. You might add that while it's a volatile environment, you well get paid in Munich no matter what, they wont try to get rid of you if you dont want to leave (Dortmund doesnt either to be fair).

+/- if you play in Munich you have to come to terms with BILD, if a player feeds them information everything is fine and he'll be hyped up. Otherwise things can go downhill very fast.

+/- You will win some titles, but instead of "winning" the title, it will feel more like you didnt lose it.
I have an older Braun too, lol
I was just mocking severin's name, kinda..
I agree, but what about Breno? Seems like you've put him under so much pressure to perform or gtfo that he lost his marbles. And what about offloading Lucio & van Bommelmütze? I guess Bayern is not exempt from that :O

----
What else is different about Americans: most drink tap water (if not cola & co.) without hesitation while we in Europe feel like tap water is some sort of diarrhea. Pretty dumb & environmentally irresponsible on our part..

Yen

Radio 1 movie reviews are so bad. "I HATE horror films and didn't like this film, but the people around me enjoyed it. 4/5"

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'd play for BVB, if only because I love their colors.

Their kit is spectacular. I love the bee mascot too.

Hitcher opening up a lead on me. damn son

---lol wut? we dont drink tap water at all lol. If anything we consume bottled water way too much. I recycle tho

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our starting team tonight is: Lloris, Walker, Dawson (c), Caulker, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Dembele, Dempsey, Lennon, Bale and Defoe

And our subs: Cudicini, Gallas, Sandro, Townsend, Falque, Mason and Sigurdsson.

No fucking around from AVB. Let's put this shower to the sword and bang in some goals.

K1LLER7

I don't mind reds either as long as they're in the second half. Preferably latter stages.

I hope there a really obv penalty turned down or a generous one given. And I hope Busquets falls to the floor when Ronaldo inhales before his free kicks and claims Ronaldo did it on purpose to release a draught toward Biscuits which hurt his face.

Then we can invoke UNICEF.
I wanna see a drunk Ozil streak onto the pitch, with a trademark Mou celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom