• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Flores signs with Borussia Dortmund

kpqr8.jpg

Junior Flores, a Northern Virginia teenager who has emerged as one of U.S. soccer’s top young players, has signed with German Bundesliga champion Borussia Dortmund, his father told the Insider on Thursday night.

Flores, 16, agreed to a four-year deal that will go into effect in March 2014, when he turns 18. The paperwork was completed last week, Oscar Flores said. He also signed a two-year contract with Nike, effective immediately.

His son, a central attacking midfielder, is in his second year of full-time residency with the U.S. under-17 program in Bradenton, Fla. The squad is currently competing at the AGS Cup in Spain.

Before entering residency, he was a freshman star at Manassas Park High School and helped the Cougars to the 2011 Virginia A state championship.

After a breakout performance with the U.S. under-17 squad at an international tournament last winter, Flores began attracting interest from MLS and foreign clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool. MLS offered him a Generation Adidas contract in January with a low base salary and substantial bonuses, his father said.

“We got a lot of calls from MLS,” Oscar Flores said, “but it was way less money than Dortmund was offering.”

Until he turns 18, Junior Flores will continue practicing and attending school in Bradenton. He will report to Dortmund for informal workouts during breaks in his schedule.

Flores’s parents have Salvadoran roots, but Junior was born in Los Angeles and is committed to representing the United States on the international level.

“We’re so happy” about the Dortmund deal, Oscar said. “We still don’t believe it’s really happening.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...4/junior-flores-signs-with-borussia-dortmund/

Difference between Dortmund and Barcelona (and other clubs)? We wait until ppl. turn 18 before transferring them into a completely foreign country (like with Amini) and don't sign 13yo...

Odd to pick on Barca.

Yeah, a lot of clubs do that actually - it's just that Barca did it the last time I read about it (afair). Though I hope that there is no disagreement about it being morally questionable, right?

Btw. Barca & Bayern scouted him too:
A number of foreign teams have been following Flores, who has attracted international attention during his time with the U.S. U-17 National Team Residency Program. Seven European clubs were expected to be in attendance to watch Flores compete with the U-17 team in the Aegean Cup Jan. 14-23 in Turkey, among them FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.
http://www2.insidenova.com/sports/2...ns-four-year-contract-pro-soccer--ar-1730811/

Salazar

damn that is so hot. who is the girl on the right?

Jessica, from SNSD. American-born.

Though I hope that there is no disagreement about it being morally questionable, right?

Yeah, I'm skeptical about very early signings. For one thing, by the time kids get to 18-19-20, if they do, some seem to have been in the elite system so long that they can't deal with being told to be patient anymore.

Hitcher seems level headed I doubt he gets banned. Was hoping that epic Liverpool choke today would get to him but no

You get used to it. We've been pulling that kind of shit for over 3 years now :(

Sometimes it feels like every mistake we make is being exploited. Ah well.

Gerrard coming on for Henderson is the first stupid decision Rodgers has made on the pitch so far. Discuss

Moral Champions.

and no, actually not really morally questionable at all depending on circumstances of course. Some clubs brings whole families and such with the youngsters.

Always.

The only time I heard about it was Messi, which was cool. But I guess it's only possible in countries where rule of law bends to football (aka. Spain). Would the Danish public authority allow a whole family to immigrate just to nurture a football wonderkid? I thinks not, WoodenLung, I thinks not.

Always.

The only time I heard about it was Messi, which was cool. But I guess it's only possible in countries where rule of law bends to football (aka. Spain). Would the Danish public authority allow a whole family to immigrate just to nurture a football wonderkid? I thinks not, WoodenLung, I thinks not.

Well I did say depending on circumstances, there is especially one club in Denmark that is just down right disgusting with this, Copenhagen never really buys youngsters who haven't at least played in Scandinavia for a while and shown they can adjust. But I know Kenneth Zohore who just went from Copenhagen to Firoentina got his parents with him and remember a Danish youngsters who's dad got a job with Chelsea and so on.

The juggle with back to goal and layoff for the bloke who stormed through and drilled it past Reina was so nice.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about though. Carragher made a mistake in failing to bum Di Natale and wrap his leg around for a simple tackle (wouldn't have been able to kake enough contact for a penalty without momentum,) we payed for it with a goal.

Johnson's poor first touch costs us a goal before we can regroup

Coates doesn't see the ball until its gone past 2 Udinese players, scores an own goal in his late attempt to divert the ball

Aside from the header in the first 10 minutes, that's all that Udinese did in attack, and they scored 3 times. Still can't get my head over Rodgers' thinking with the Henderson sub

Clegg

Some of those Hart saves are very good.

But they're also proving Jeffs point avout him too. He wouldn't have needed to make that save against Liverpool if he'd punched the ball properly.

See, Kyoufu ?

You've been burdening the lad.

lol. Does anyone expect anything of him? All I expect to see is him galloping down the wing, just about keeping the ball under his control, then realising he's run himself into a cul de sac and passing it back to the fullback

Didn't Rodgers want to get rid of Henderson during the summer?

Suggests that he doesn't rate him too highly imo.

That was the rumour. Whether he wants him here or not, it made no sense to bring him off, assuming that he didn't tell Gerrard to keep it simple in midfield. Either Rodgers or Gerrard fucked up

Jose Mourinho has recalled the amusing story behind a Mario Balotelli red card while both were at Inter.

In an interview with CNN, the now Real Madrid boss spoke of the challenges in managing Manchester City enigma Balotelli.

“I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” the tactician noted.

“I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.

“Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.

“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.'

“The 46th minute – red card!”

:lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FA report on Terry:

"The commission is entitled to use its collective experience of life and people to judge demeanour," the report states.

"We have watched the film footage many times. In the critical phase, during which he uses the words, Mr Terry can be seen to be smiling initially, before his facial expression changes to disdainful and contemptuous.

"At no point is his demeanour and facial expression that of someone who is imploring, injured, or even quizzical in the face of an unfounded allegation by Mr Ferdinand that he had just been racially abusive towards him.

"Anger is a conceivable reaction to such an accusation, but at no time does Mr. Terry convey any sense of 'no, I didn't‟t' with his facial expression, or body language."

The report adds: "In the light of those findings, the commission is quite satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that there is no credible basis for Mr Terry's defence that his use of the words were directed at Ferdinand by way of forceful rejection and/or inquiry.

"Instead, we are quite satisfied, and find on the balance of probabilities, that the offending words were said by way of insult."

ilYXoudPcCeby.gif

Facism

Gold Member
So vague rumours around in Turkey that Samed Yesil has switched to representing Turkey at senior level. Take with a rock of salt.

confuziz

Banned
PSV
- NAC Breda
Fulltime
-
-
Bayern München
- TSG Hoffenheim
Fulltime
-
-