• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Why are most news outlets suggesting that the Ashley Cole #BUCNHOFTWATS tweet has been deleted? When I go to his twitter page, it's still up. I don't understand twatter.

Salazar

Doron Salomon ‏@DoronSalomon
Potentially appearance 300 for United to come this weekend for Evra. Not bad in only 6 and a half seasons

:(

Really can't afford that many crosses into the box, Patrice.

dc89

:lololol

Does Ashley realise he can't delete the RT's. he's meant to be a role model. This is beyon my PR skills Ashley.

faridmon

T2f0O.gif

I have been told a straight NO to football :(

:lololol

Does Ashley realise he can't delete the RT's. he's meant to be a role model. This is beyon my PR skills Ashley.

Yes, but is it beyond your PR skills?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
42,000 at a football match in melbourne tonight, rugby league can only dream of those numbers

THIS IS THE YEAR for the a-league. The crowds could be absolutely nuts. Sydney game 1 sold out (35,000)

i know this isnt big for you guys but for australia its huge

:(

Choc

Banned
Jacqui Oatley ‏@JacquiOatley
RT @SimonPeach: Ashley Cole has apologised unreservedly for his offensive Twitter post about the Football Association #toolittletoolate
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Tokyo Jungle...

Where does this tunnel go, getting a bit hungry, perhaps there's food at the end. Good, a green dot, hopefully its a sheep. What the...*dead*

Clegg

I'll go postal if Giggs starts against Newcastle.

We also need a three man midfield because Cabaye and Tiote ate our two man midfield last season.

But we all know that two man midfields are here to stay. Fergie is fine with experimenting in the Champions eagueL but not in the PL.

Kyoufu

I'll go postal if Giggs starts against Newcastle.

We also need a three man midfield because Cabaye and Tiote ate our two man midfield last season.

But we all know that two man midfields are here to stay. Fergie is fine with experimenting in the Champions eagueL but not in the PL.

Can't wait for this game. If we pass it like we did last night then you guys are going to have a game on your hands.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte's ban is reduced, he'll be back on the bench for December 9th match vs Palermo.

Epic tears on twitter.

Can't wait for this game. If we pass it like we did last night then you guys are going to have a game on your hands.

I really hope last night is an indication of things to come. Easily our best performance this season, all It took was to have composure on the ball and to pass it to feet. Simple.

Meier

Some interesting tidbits in the Guardian's preview of tomorrow's match (fuck me, 6:30 CDT is criminal.. course I woke up at 5:30 to see the Norwich game back in March).

Match pointers

• Manchester City have won just one of their last five league games against Sunderland

• The visitors are unbeaten in their opening five matches of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 1954-55

• The hosts have more shots on targets than any other Premier League side this season (68)

• Steven Fletcher has scored five goals from just five shots on target for Sunderland

• Adam Johnson could face his former side having scored twice for City in this fixture, once at home and once away

That Fletcher stat is amazing. City have a lot of SOG but we don't seem to be scoring much.. would be nice to get a big 4-5 goal game.

Edit: Fuck me, post 99?

Mumei

What?

Twat is banned?

Mumei please confirm.

Nope.

You could catch a ban in the wrong context (e.g. specifically referring to a woman in an otherwise misogynistic post; attacking other users in a vituperative manner), but generally speaking we don't care. On the sliding scale of naughty words, we treat it as much closer to dick than, say, faggot. I've seen it used a fair few times in these topics (19 results here, 34 in OT4; 33 in OT3) and I have not banned anyone for it.

i called someone a twat and got banned ;_;

This isn't entirely accurate. Your ban was for apparently creating a topic without reading your own OP, telling another user to fuck off, calling someone an asshole, and, yes, calling some people you accused of not reading the article twats.

I'm not sure if you would have gotten banned if all you had done was call someone who hadn't read the topic a twat; I'd have to see the hypothetical argument in context to decide whether it would be worthwhile to ban or just shrug it off as bickering. But you weren't banned solely because of that in this context; it was more of an extenuating factor that made it slightly longer than it might otherwise have been.

Is it wrong that when I watch the new Red Cross ad appeal, all I'm thinking of is how attractive the girl in it is?

@Arnie, is it really as simple as take the 2 games in with the receipt from the packaging, and they give you £35-39 back?

@PrematureQuiche, is this you in the Steam Friends who played Sleeping Dogs thingy?

untitled-2w7as0.jpg

You're not half wrong haha. He's so frustrating, he really didn't do much different last night to what he always does. He stays very wide, takes it down the line and puts a ball in. The difference last night was he put the ball into the right area opposed to straight to the keeper.

Fantasy points for Viva ?

pVKrQ.gif
:lol :(

Mancini talks mad shit.

Tevez will probably start, given that he sat out the CL game, but Kun will, too.
:)

In fairness, The FA are #ABUNCHOFTWATS (OT6 title anyone?)

But still :lol Cashly
When the whole Terry/Ferdinand thing broke out I saw somebody tweet a defence along the lines of "Ferdinand is black. He is a c**t. So terry called him a black c**t". What's the problem?".

Today he tweeted something similar. "The FA are a bunch. We all think they're twats. #BUNCHOFTWATS".

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom