• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Yeah they have great Spanish coverage no doubt, but Martin Tyler is the VOICE of Football.

Tyler isn't the voice of anything.

He's a terrible commentator that is only recognisable because his voice goes high and breaks when someone comes close to scoring a goal.

Messi

Yeah they have great Spanish coverage no doubt, but Martin Tyler is the VOICE of Football.

I don't disagree with this comment when it comes to english football. But we are talking about an El Clasico. The spanish team are the most equipped team to deal with it. It also helps that they are great. Plus the halftime guests, Guillem Ballague and Graham Hunter are great too.

dc89

I love FIFA :lol

:O

On my FIFA Career United signed Mascherano. And I signed Ozil because David Silva handed in a transfer request, wouldn't renew his deal (I threw oil monies at him, tons of it) and went to Madrid.

I talked about this last week, funny to see we are having a very similar career mode.

Meier

Video isn't loading for me but I found two gifs.. amazing.

phelps100ft.gif

phelpscelebrate.gif

The double pump reminds me of that Australian newscaster gif with the "Yeah. Fuck yeah!" caption.

Fairly certain he was fired because he strongly opposed the fact that they used the english commentators vs the spanish ones.

Yes, they decided not to renew his contract after the spat.

Such a shame. He was the best and most knowledgeable football presenter at Sky. And there was great chemistry between him, Graham and Guillem. It's just not the same with Scott Minto.

dc89

whoa what a putt!! I like his fist pump but the best fist pump I have ever seen is AVB's Falcon Punch we saw against United. Insanely good.

Messi

Such a shame. He was the best and most knowledgeable football presenter at Sky. And there was great chemistry between him, Graham and Guillem. It's just not the same with Scott Minto.

I really liked him, did not like Minto starting out but he seems fine if a little generic to me.

Guillem is where its at. Dude drops knowledge bombs on revista. Can't wait for his book about Guardiola. Comes out next month.

Precisely. It doesn't matter how good your production values are and how much money you throw at legends of the game, if there's no chemistry it doesn't mean shit. One of the reason Jake Humphries is so great, he has rapport with everyone.

I miss that team wanking over Barcelona every week :(

TrueBlue

Martin Tyler's commentary of the Drogba CL final penalty will stay with me forever. Hell I think I can recite most of it without watching.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The only people on Sky who aren't complete numpties are Jeff Stelling, Gary Neville and Matt Le Tissier. The rest are crap.

Clegg

He is. He says he has some exclusive story that usually turns out to be bullshit and then he gets all smug when he flukes a correct report.

I'll say it again. Sid Lowe is brilliant. He's a great writer and knows his stuff when it comes to the internal business of Spanish clubs.

Ballague has some real contacts, but supplements the truth-bombs with a huge amount of bullshit. Comes across as a nice and knowledgable guy, so I like listening to him

Hixx

Wasn't there a Clasico semifinal in 2011?

I think the regular commentary team were used for that.

A bit silly when the La Liga team are much better.

Sky have some terrible commentators. Martin Tyler and Niall Quinn being the worst imo.

Niall Quinn is awful.

Welcome to my ignore list.

When it comes to English commentators I'm biased towards Martin Tyler, Alan Parry, Ray Hudson and that guy that does ITV's commentary.

I walked up to your opinion, opened a can of WHOOP ASS and served it.

Wowoweewa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What do other Italians think of him?

To me, he's a club legend, capitano during the glory era, and the one who brought us back to life.

It's probably a toss up between U and O in Conte. It's hard not to hate him if you support an Italian team I imagine.

Z1sVd.png

RqAXt.png

Edit: Last post. Point and laugh :(

To me, he's a club legend, capitano during the glory era, and the one who brought us back to life.

It's probably a toss up between U and O in Conte. It's hard not to hate him if you support an Italian team I imagine.

Edit: Last post. Point and laugh :(

Do they think he's a twat though?

Pizza Express is half price at Tesco. So you could buy five for that amount.

edit: 10 for the amount Kyoufu spent! Also, Haagen Dazs is half price at Co-op.

Yep. I added a bunch of toppings though so it went up to 14.99 Plus a B&J Chocolate Fudge Brownie. 20 quid.

YEEEEEEEAH

You turned it into a shite deal

#smhKyoufu

At that price, you might as well go for one of Pizza Hut's 2 for 1 with 2 starters, 2 desserts and a drink deals

Assuming you like Pizza Hut, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom