• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
So, I had to use my wildcard in the Fantasy PL. After a good start, my team just fell apart with injuries. I had 5 doubtful players, completely changed my team around now. Let's hope this will end well lol

I hope Maynor Figueroa is one of your new players.

Hixx

O'Neill: "'Well they can speculate again, and i'll tell you again for the final time, until you ask me next week again, £12m no add-ons, which was the reason for the delay, he'll be a big acquisition for us'."

So stick all your £14m + add ons up your collective jacksies motherlovers.

So, that US dude signing for us in 2014 got me thinking. Would you guys sign a contract for a club starting two years in the future? I think I wouldn't, it's kinda crazy. Who knows what happens in those 2 years, in football things can go quick.

Seems like we are upping our twat quota up in heya!

This can only be good news

Does that mean we can now compile our #BUNCHOFTWATS list

1: Steve Kean
2: Luiz Suarez
3: John terry
4: Ashley cole
5: Noel Gallagher (honorary inclusion)

Wilde looks an awful lot like Lena Headey in that gif.

tumblr_ma75n0mS2v1qzl19p.gif

I got your back Messi

as I said to yo moma :p

dc89

Adam Johnson, don't make me laugh. Mancini gave you your chance but you were more interested in going out on the town most nights. I'm sure he thinks he is Messi.

elsk

Banned
So, that US dude signing for us in 2014 got me thinking. Would you guys sign a contract for a club starting two years in the future? I think I wouldn't, it's kinda crazy. Who knows what happens in those 2 years, in football things can go quick.

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Still, Dortmund in good or bad shape are way better option than signing for a MLS club.

Clegg

Angelo Henriquez has been called up to the Chilean senior national team

I know it's because of his performances for La U but it's still a bit funny that he's already in that squad yet he hasn't even played for Uniteds first team.

elsk

Banned
Angelo Henriquez has been called up to the Chilean senior national team

I know it's because of his performances for La U but it's still a bit funny that he's already in that squad yet he hasn't even played for Uniteds first team.

I think Chupete Suazo is injured, makes sense to call him. Even if he isn't getting first time action anymore.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
http://i.imgur.com/QD4n6.jpg[IMG]

I didn't really mean that, [B]but after playing so much Fifa and failing I just want to see other peple suffer[/B].[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/6/62/I-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

I havnt played online in 2 days or so I was so fucking pissed yesterday. Just collecting players with my ultimate team and browsing auctions

Mumei

Don't encourage him. Did you watch Liverpool trash Norwich yet?

I did!

I think the first half of the City vs Dortmund match from a few days ago was a bit more exciting (or at least novel; I think it's the first game I've seen with so many great saves by the goalie), but it was the best of the EPL games over the weekend.

Yeah I might start doing it, but so huge file sizes. Got this amazing goal too.

http://i.minus.com/iXCPvN2trkRqA.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Was that me? I think that was the game where I managed to somehow score two goals cause the goalie was fucking stupid! You need to gif the cup celebration once we win it haha.

Salazar

Mancini said: "We need to recover very well because we play early on Saturday and I don't understand this. It's incredible that we play Wednesday night and then Saturday at 12.45. We have two days and 12 hours to recover very well.

"We didn't play a good game but we lost a lot of energy in this game and we need to recover. Everywhere else the teams that play in the Champions League play three or four days before the game and have three days minimum afterwards. Here it is strange."

:lol

Don't worry Roberto. It'll all be over soon.

I am. Would have played all day today too but was offered good money for working a bit, which really ended up just being me playing Minecraft with a bunch of kids.

Salazar

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
926 - In the last 10 seasons, Kevin Davies committed more fouls than any other PL player (2nd Tim Cahill 575). Burly. #AskOpta

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
727 - Kevin Davies is the most fouled player in the last 10 Premier League seasons, ahead of @Cristiano 500. Bruised. #AskOpta

:lol

MPW

McManaman scored a delightful chip in that match – "a great feeling" – but he admits it was difficult to grasp precisely how much the fixture meant, and harder still to deal with the asphyxiating pressure and nonsense that attaches itself to it. A trip to Camp Nou was sometimes like journeying into a war zone. It was not for the faint-hearted.

"In Barcelona, it was extremely hostile," he says. "It was quite scary going from the hotel to the stadium, and during the game itself the crowd was very volatile. From the hotel you had people ringing you up all night, people beeping the horns outside. From the hotel to the stadium we had police running either side of the coach with guns.

"Bricks were being thrown at the bus all the way along. Anything to try to put you off. In England that's just absolutely unheard of and hopefully it's unheard of now in Spain. Back then it was a scary, exciting time to go there but it was very different from what I was used to."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/05/barcelona-real-madrid-el-clasico

McManaman will probably go down as the best englishman to play for madrid, don't get me wrong, becks brought brand recognition and $$$ but McManaman got us trophies, even scored in CL final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom