• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Rivaldo is sometimes overlooked in these debates. He was an absolutely electric player. There's probably a compilation video of all the overhead kicks he's scored in his career.

IMO his overhead from outside the box, in the last game of the season, in the eighty eighth minute of the game, to ensure Barcas qualification to the CL is the greatest goal I've ever seen.

He scored a hattrick in that game too.
Really believe that without him, Ronaldo wouldn't have had as much success as he had on the international level. Ronaldo stole most of the headlines but he was brilliant alongside him.

Just seen Cazorla's goal.

Jesus.

Off his weaker side, shaped to bend it in at the near post, ends up swerving it in the other corner.

Wow.

K1LLER7

Seeing Carzola and Hazard have such a good start to the season, I really want Kagawa to step it up. Hope Fergie starts him and plays a midfield 3 like in the CL game.

Clegg

Seeing Carzola and Hazard have such a good start to the season, I really want Kagawa to step it up. Hope Fergie starts him and plays a midfield 3 like in the CL game.

I think Kagawa has done fine at United. Two goals and a couple of assists isn't a bad start at all. He adds something a bit different to our side and I'm very glad for it. We're also not playing to his strengths yet. Once we have a settled team we'll begin to see the best of him.

I think Kagawa has done fine at United. Two goals and a couple of assists isn't a bad start at all. He adds something a bit different to our side and I'm very glad for it. We're also not playing to his strengths yet. Once we have a settled team we'll begin to see the best of him.
I'm still in the honeymoon period. Just seeing him play for us is amazing. When he's not in the line up I feel depressed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I might agree with that. Bias aside I thought Olivia Wilde was the best part of it. Hope the sequel is about her.

I actually agree she looks perfect with that short black hair. Also, the dude man.

That cazorla goal was amazing. Just woke up from a nap.

-All I know is Dinho is the only player I ever saw that made a pass with his back. Shame he liked getting fucked up so much but I can relate.

K1LLER7

I guess your right, Hope bangs in a goal tomorrow :)

I'm still in the honeymoon period. Just seeing him play for us is amazing. When he's not in the line up I feel depressed.
I'm still not used to having RVP playing for United. Since the summer, I always thought he'd end up in Manchester but at City and their Emptyhad stadium.

Fuck over 14 gigs man. I went to see Flux down in Portsmouth. Why would you go to something like that at that age? So many kids just pushing and shit, trying to kill my buzz. Some of them even had their parents with them. Wow.

I'm expecting Villa to get something tomorrow. Like Norwich and West Brom, they'll come down, work their socks off and probably pick up a point.

Hixx

Fuck over 14 gigs man. I went to see Flux down in Portsmouth. Why would you go to something like that at that age? So many kids just pushing and shit, trying to kill my buzz. Some of them even had their parents with them. Wow.

I'm expecting Villa to get something tomorrow. Like Norwich and West Brom, they'll come down, work their socks off and probably pick up a point.

Bwahaha.

On a slightly related note a mate of mine (same age, 21) had to get his mam to come and pick him up from a club because he was so bladdered. Never lived it down.

Clegg

I know I keep going on about it but we really do need to stick to a three man midfield. It gives us extra cover so there is less chance of us getting overrun in the centre. And if we played Clev and Anderson we'd also benefit from added mobility which would also allow Kagawa and Rooney to find space and have players to pass to.

And a three man midfield would allow us to start Scholes as we'd have an extra player to do the running for him.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm equal parts happy and mad that Marco Fabián is back. That stupid injury of his just when we needed him most.

This fucking defence. JvS is a cool dude but sometimes I just wanna punch him.

K1LLER7

I know I keep going on about it but we really do need to stick to a three man midfield. It gives us extra cover so there is less chance of us getting overrun in the centre. And if we played Clev and Anderson we'd also benefit from added mobility which would also allow Kagawa and Rooney to find space and have players to pass to.

And a three man midfield would allow us to start Scholes as we'd have an extra player to do the running for him.
Yup, if Fergie plays a 4-3-3 of some sort tomorrow, I think it'll be our main formation. If not, then we'll only have a 4-3-3 in the CL or when Scholes is tired.

is this good or bad? no offense but why should we care?

what's with the obsession of some of you guys?
I'm reporting all bans of notable members, that's all. I think it's too bad since she came here not too long ago and seemed nice. And of course don't forget all the awesome avatars she made

Linius

You guys really need to explain to me what's with this girl? I'm not deep enough to know why many people are glad she's gone? :p

spidye

I'm reporting all bans of notable members, that's all. I think it's too bad since she came here not too long ago and seemed nice. And of course don't forget all the awesome avatars she made

she was here? never seen her post.
my question wasn't directed at you. it was more a general question. I've seen so many threads going down the shitter because people just started to argue with her and getting banned consequently

You guys really need to explain to me what's with this girl? I'm not deep enough to know why many people are glad she's gone? :p
She's infamous for getting into discussions with members who then usually end up saying something stupid and getting banned.

And she did in our own Jeff

Fry

Ronaldinho

igHXtgCllN7EE.gif

Cazorla

iDCjQ3ae7CdVa.gif

iboN6BXVXjo1gR.gif

ibvvpDuOJsRMYq.gif

Devo is cool, you fuckers!

Linius

People thought she got a lot of leeway from the mods

Hmm.

Anyway who gives a fucking shit.

She's infamous for getting into discussions with members that who then usually end up saying something stupid and getting banned.

And she did in our own Jeff

she was here? never seen her post.
my question wasn't directed at you. it was more a general question. I've seen so many threads going down the shitter because people just started to argue with her and getting banned consequently

A couple of days ago during the similar avatar hype she was here.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

OK looking. Explosive personality though. Did you fix your controller? Im about to watch american football and baseball but I may be still awake when you wake up tomorrow. No rush tho, that other dude in our group hasnt shown any signs of life.

Slizz is sleeping on Awesome Animals' couch until monday too I believe.

Ronaldinho is the most amazing player I've ever seen.

Messi is the most devastating and Zidane the classiest, most composed most awe inspiring.

But Ronaldinho, the guy was just so damn fun. Did some truly insane stuff on the pitch. What a legend.

Linius

OK looking. Explosive personality though. Did you fix your controller? Im about to watch american football and baseball but I may be still awake when you wake up tomorrow. No rush tho, that other dude in our group hasnt shown any signs of life.

Slizz is sleeping on Awesome Animals' couch until monday too I believe.

Yeah, what about Raging Spaniard? He hasn't accepted my friendship request on live and I haven't seen him on Gaf for a while. Not in the tourney thread at least.

And it's saturday, so I'm up late. It's 1:19 am here at the moment. I fixed my controller, so I'm able to play. The thing was, I smashed it against my chair which caused my left stick to get out of the controller. Still don't know how that was even possible. So I had to find a screwdriver to open the controller and put everything back in it's place. Some super glue came in handy :p

I've seen her in threads where she takes great exception to generalizations about particular social issues or groups etc. Not that that's a bad thing, often her objections are justified. However, I feel she likes to get on her high horse and act like a moral giant and often anybody who comes across contrary is spoke to like they have a worthless opinion whilst she's the all knowing voice of reason.

What I find annoying though, is that I've come across post where she'll moan about guys making sweeping generalizations about women. She'll act like they have no right to do so. But then in the next post make sweeping generalizations about men, and we're all supposed to enjoy it because she said it.

Her fan base is annoying too.

Anyway, that's my take on it. But I'm a wanker. So who cares?

I've seen her in threads where she takes great exception to generalizations about particular social issues or groups etc. Not that that's a bad thing, often her objections are justified. However, I feel she likes to get on her high horse and act like a moral giant and often anybody who comes across contrary is spoke to like they have a worthless opinion whilst she's the all knowing voice of reason.

What I find annoying though, is that I've come across post where she'll moan about guys making sweeping generalizations about women. She'll act like they have no right to do so. But then in the next post make sweeping generalizations about men, and we're all supposed to enjoy it because she said it.

Her fan base is annoying too.

Anyway, that's my take on it. But I'm a wanker. So who cares?

This is by far the worst part. An army of white knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom