• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly the ideal logo to have on Newcastles shirts but by buying the name of the stadium, they bought me. And it is hard to be to on a team for having a sponsor that negatively affecting people when the team is playing in a league called Barclay´s and betting sponsors are everywhere.

I thought of that comparison earlier, but came to the conclusion that nobody with a modicum of intelligence goes to the bookies or a bank unaware of the risks, whereas legal loan-sharks like wonga actively prey on the desperate and uninformed

edit - Sorry to hear that, Facism.

RIP

Facism

Sorry to hear that, Facism.

Remember the good times :)

I do mate, made my peace with it months ago. She lived a good long life, saw children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. A solid, decent woman.

Still stings a bit, of course, got tears in my eyes.

Yen

As a Liverpool fan I have nothing to say on Wongagate - Standard Chartered laundered money for the Iranian government!

Sorry for your loss, Facism.

Kyoufu

Nah. I'd rather see Blackpool back in the top flight. They were fun a couple seasons ago.

If your argument was, however, that it's because Newcastle are a bigger club then I can see that as a reason.

Edit - Sorry for your loss, Facism :(

I don't have an argument, because there is no argument here.

As a Liverpool fan I have nothing to say on Wongagate - Standard Chartered laundered money for the Iranian government!

Sorry for your loss, Facism.

jeffrey-tambor-tca-arrested-development-bent-george-bluth-tv-photo-GC.jpg

82. Lymphoma. She earned a peaceful, painless end, not some fucking filth cancer.

RIP

I hope you and the family are well

As someone currently in fear of that very disease aged 28 if I can make it to that age and have grandchildren that care about me I would be happy with my lot although that will be little consolation right now

Salazar

Called Adele fat, made jokes and got a lot of those people rather angry.

It was glorious.

While the lad's been away, he's had numpty posters criticising him for "spending GAF revenue on himself rather than putting it back into the site".

:lol

I would lash out too.

While the lad's been away, he's had numpty posters criticising him for "spending GAF revenue on himself rather than putting it back into the site".

:lol

I would lash out too.

lol. Since the 505s have stopped (touch wood) Gaf has been pretty much stuck. Any kind of minor change will have all sorts coming out the woodwork to have a pop :D

Facism

RIP

I hope you and the family are well

As someone currently in fear of that very disease aged 28 if I can make it to that age and have grandchildren that care about me I would be happy with my lot although that will be little consolation right now

hope it works out for you, mate. My cat has lymphoma too, survived a whole year so far. Made me sick when i found out my nan had it too. i think i talked about it pretty much exactly a year ago in the football OT.

Zabojnik

Sleepy Dogs looks good from that screenshot. Koyufu had high praise for it. Might get it instead of Dishonoured.

I have yet play Dishonored, but Sleeping Dogs is a pretty average, by the numbers sandbox game. It's not terrible by any means, it's just ... average. Driving, shooting, fighting, side-missions, story ... nothing special or done better than in GTA and the likes. Well, the fighting system is, I suppose, but it's not really that deep either. The location is nice, the protagonist is a cool dude, that's about it. I'm probably a little biased, as I'm not a big fan of criminal-story sandbox games (I *love* stuff like Just Cause, though), but there you go.

hope it works out for you, mate. My cat has lymphoma too, survived a whole year so far. Made me sick when i found out my nan had it too. i think i talked about it pretty much exactly a year ago in the football OT.

I've spoke enough about my perceived problems in here, it seems every few months I come up with a new cancer scare, the problem you get is in your head you think 'one of these times I must be right'

At present it's just swallen lymph nodes but no point in ignoring it, I'm just terrified of something happening and my boy not remembering me.

Anyway enough about me I hope you and the family are coping ok, the worst day of my life was my grandads funeral 7 years ago now he was taken my cancer as well it really affects so many lives

I've spoke enough about my perceived problems in here, it seems every few months I come up with a new cancer scare, the problem you get is in your head you think 'one of these times I must be right'

At present it's just swallen lymph nodes but no point in ignoring it, I'm just terrified of something happening and my boy not remembering me.

Anyway enough about me I hope you and the family are coping ok, the worst day of my life was my grandads funeral 7 years ago now he was taken my cancer as well it really affects so many lives

I posted it a few nights ago but I had a similar scare about a month ago, posted in here for luck because I was so nervous going to the doctors. Found a big lump at the back of my neck, level and to the right of my left ear lobe. Scared the hell out of me. When I went they said my nodes were swollen because I recently had tonsillitis, the lump is still there now but it's definitely going down in size which is good.

I guess the positive I took from it was I'm aware enough about my body that if I find something unusual I'll get it checked out. I learned that googling symptoms is the worst thing to do though, it's always worst case scenario at the top.

I thought of that comparison earlier, but came to the conclusion that nobody with a modicum of intelligence goes to the bookies or a bank unaware of the risks, whereas legal loan-sharks like wonga actively prey on the desperate and uninformed

edit - Sorry to hear that, Facism.

RIP

It is one step above for sure but preying on people addicted to gamble isnt great either and and the fact that many of people they preying on are of low intelligence would just make it worse if true.

Has anyone seen Kill List? What a strange film. Surprisingly funny as well. Ben Wheatley is one to watch. Very much looking forward to Sightseers now.

edit: Sorry to hear about your nan Facism

K1LLER7

Giving me formation headaches.

Well, to be fair, Waz's influence as a deeper player is giving me headaches.
I was happy with the formation against Newcastle.We actually ahd a midfield that held the ball. It's just that the wrong players were used/in the wrong position.

Fergie said he's using the diamond formation, i'm guessing something like this:

Rafa - Rio - Evans - Evra

-------- Carrick -------

-- Kagawa ----- Cleverly

---------- Rooney --------

-------RVP ---- Welbeck ------

I'd put Rooney alongside RVP instead of Welbeck. Push Kagawa behind the strikers and play Valencia on the right. But seen as Roons playing well there, maybe he could try Kagawa alongside RVP.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hey Jeff, look what I made you dude

3zosh8.png

j/k I was in that thread since I was looking to see if there was another one for me and I saw you post after me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom