• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Not sure if serious, he's obviously only human and even shows some assholish stuff every now and then.

Man. Is it wrong that I don't even find that to be assholish? Footballers are so boring. Only a few have a personality.

If I was a footballer I would honestly be in the media all the time (not for being a JT on the level of RVP or JT himself) for actually being interesting.

Scum

I was happy with the formation against Newcastle.We actually ahd a midfield that held the ball. It's just that the wrong players were used/in the wrong position.

Fergie said he's using the diamond formation, i'm guessing something like this:

Rafa - Rio - Evans - Evra

-------- Carrick -------

-- Kagawa ----- Cleverly

---------- Rooney --------

-------RVP ---- Welbeck ------

I'd put Rooney alongside RVP instead of Welbeck. Push Kagawa behind the strikers and play Valencia on the right. But seen as Roons playing well there, maybe he could try Kagawa alongside RVP.

Here.

545926_Manchester_United.jpg

Sell Nani, buy MC.

Man. Is it wrong that I don't even find that to be assholish? Footballers are so boring. Only a few have a personality.

Shooting a ball full power into the fan section is pretty asshole thing to do, not that I hold any grudges against him for doing it or even think that should lead to any punishment really, but yeah I would be pretty pissed if he purposely just did that and hit me in the face. He won't be a true legend before he does a Cantona anyway. ;)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not sure if serious, he's obviously only human and even shows some assholish stuff every now and then.

He's a Madrid fan he's just making his Madridista comment. All good

If I was a footballer I would honestly be in the media all the time (not for being a JT on the level of RVP or JT himself) for actually being interesting.

I'd be the biggest cunt in the world if I was as good as Messi. More RVP or Ronaldo-esque than JT or Pepe tho

haha when Pepe asks you if you're crazy, you know you went too far

lol

FootballFan

Has this been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWT0BMyNyM

He's such a cunt lol. I love it how he's complaining to the ref so he looks the other way.

I don't really mean it, just celebrating the fact that it's ok again lol

:lol that is great. Good stuff Messi, keep it up.

edit
I am genuinely shocked. Messi isn't a saint, but I thought him to be better than this

:(

Really? :eek:

I mean when he kicked the ball at the Bernabeu crowd, that was an asshole move, but this freekick thing I think is all good. Doesn't seem that bad tbh.

I've seen Ronaldinho do similar things. Musta taught him.

GorillaJu

My apologies if this has already been posted, but yeah...

A major analysis of referee’s decisions in the Premier League has shown that officials are around 15% more likely to book foreign players who are from the same background as the most sizable ethnic minority groups in the UK.

The analysis by researchers from the Universities of Birmingham, Cambridge and Oxford used the extensive in-match dataset collected by OPTA Sportsdata for the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons covering 760 games in total.

This included time-stamped and spatial data on every single action (e.g. passes, tackles, crosses, dribblings, etc.) in each of the matches, as well as information about individual players including their position, age, height and the type of game (e.g. local derby). Using such detailed data allowed the researchers to rule out the possibility that the higher level of bookings reflects a more aggressive style of play.

Surprise, surprise! Agüero was right.

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/news/latest/2012/10/05Oct-Football-Referees-News-Release.aspx

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Too bad he's a terrible defender I like Dani

Anyone got the gif of him doing that little dance at the ceremony where they celebrated winning la liga?

FootballFan?

-it's like a haters gon' hate

FootballFan

Too bad he's a terrible defender I like Dani

Anyone got the gif of him doing that little dance at the ceremony where they celebrated winning la liga?

FootballFan?

-it's like a haters gon' hate

I know which one you are talking about, don't have it though.

I have this one though lol:
Q4UJZ.gif

Also, Alves is not a terrible defender.

qindarka

Banned
We seem to be very keen on calling people the c word. What has Messi done to warrant that? Not that he hasn't done bad things but we can't go on calling people the c word for every little thing.

FootballFan

We seem to be very keen on calling people the c word. What has Messi done to warrant that? Not that he hasn't done bad things but we can't go on calling people the c word for every little thing.

People are just excited about the word, I still haven't used it properly. Messi might not be an angel, but he certainly isn't a 'cunt' either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom